Dynadot

alert The fund can't be withdrawal from Epik.com via Masterbucks wallet

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

enamebroker

Top Member
Impact
It happened on 23rd Aug 2022 and this matter lasted almost one month without any process. Masterbucks.com declined my fund withdrawal and disabled the button of fund withdrawal. And I contacted Epik.com and got no further action even if Rob Monster got involved in it for two weeks. All the time I was told in email by management review.

What is wrong with Epik.com? Do you think it is normal to disable fund withdrawal? How can I get back my fund from Epik.com? Thanks for your suggestion.

Capture4.JPG

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
E.g. the recent AMA from Bill Hartzer seemed to indicate a bunch of discrepancies as to who owned the service he now runs, with Rob indicating it was an Epik service at times gone by, but from memory Bill says it's all him now, and it's nothing to do with Epik.
All I can speak about (and all I know about) is that DNProtect has always been a partnership between me and Rob Monster. Epik has never had an ownership stake in DNProtect.

I created the algorithm behind DNP Score. I have always run the day-to-day operations of DNProtect from day 1, including running the stolen domain name recovery service where I personally helped recover hundreds of domain names for clients.

Last edited:
•••
All I can speak about (and all I know about) is that DNProtect has always been a partnership between me and Rob Monster. Epik has never had an ownership stake in DNProtect.

I created the algorithm behind DNP Score. I have always run the day-to-day operations of DNProtect from day 1, including running the stolen domain name recovery service where I personally helped recover hundreds of domain names for clients.
When did that service start? Did Monster invest or fund that service? What are revenues.

•••
When did that service start? Did Monster invest or fund that service? What are revenues.
DNProtect was launched in February 2020. It was not funded in the traditional sense. It's profitable.

•••
DNProtect was launched in February 2020. It was not funded in the traditional sense. It's profitable.
Could explain exactly how it was funded? How are you compensating Monster?

•••

Thanks for chiming in. FWIW that partnership seems to have been portrayed on numerous occassions (at least publicly) as something other than simply a partnership between you and Rob Monster. Epik/DNProtect also seemed synonymous for cross promoting each other.

1670615997448.png

1670614526385.png

https://domainnamewire.com/2022/03/01/epik-helps-patterns-com-owner-recover-domain-in-udrp/
The general counsel of domain name registrar Epik has helped the previous owner of patterns.com win the domain back through a UDRP.
Rob Monster, CEO of Epik, told Domain Name Wire that the Complainant engaged Epik’s DNProtect.com service to regain control of the domain. Epik funded the legal work of the UDRP on a contingency basis.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for chiming in. FWIW that partnership seems to have been portrayed on numerous occassions (at least publicly) as something other than simply a partnership between you and Rob Monster.

It's whatever they call it at the moment. It's also a tax-delinquent Wyoming LLC:

screen-shot-2022-12-05-at-11-04-47-am-png.228053

https://www.namepros.com/threads/epik-promotion.1242873/page-4#post-8311148
DNProtect is a service of Epik Holdings Inc, which is separate from Epik Inc the registrar. Epik Holdings Inc maintains a variety of insurance policies and has an unblemished record of not losing customer domains.

The DNProtect service covers UDRP defense. Check it out at DNProtect.com.

It originally included an unlicensed, unregulated offer to sell "domain insurance". I notified the Washington Office of Insurance Commissioner, and that aspect of DNProtect was shut down pursuant to Washington OIC Complaint #1630656. Yes, the WA state authorities do act on these sorts of things.

There's a more complete write-up at https://www.namepros.com/threads/im-bill-hartzer-director-of-dnprotect-ama.1285198/post-8781836

It appears that DNProtect's model is similar to that which historically was pursued by a couple of domainers - find stolen domain names and work to get them restored in exchange for a cut of an eventual sale. But the relationship with Rob and Epik, and Bill's dancing around the topic of why he calls it a partnership when it is clearly a defunct Wyoming LLC is a drag on any reputation DNProtect might be able to salvage in the future. Bill probably can't walk away from it because Rob and Epik have a grip on the domains that were recovered, such as patterns.com. I will guarantee you that if you ask Rob and Bill who has authority to sell that domain name, you will get two different answers.

But, it's really neither here nor there in the larger scheme of Epik problems. It's mainly just a stone around Bill's neck.

•••
I will be moving my entire portfolio (and businesses) to Dynadot when it comes close to renewals. If things get even worse, then I'll move them ASAP.
Is this a joke or something? The business has misappropriated customer funds since its inception, and the founder has run into hiding.

What are you waiting for? An insolvency/ceased trading landing page.

"If things get worse", :ROFL: That's a good one. What could be worse? Entertain us all, please.?

•••
Is this a joke or something? The business has misappropriated customer funds since its inception, and the founder has run into hiding.

What are you waiting for? An insolvency/ceased trading landing page.

"If things get worse", :ROFL: That's a good one. What could be worse? Entertain us all, please.?

I’m being realistic. Stop being dramatic. Yeah it’s a shit show, but it’s not an imminent danger. They’re just holding domains for me and not facilitating any escrow or marketplace transactions.

•••
I’m being realistic. Stop being dramatic. Yeah it’s a shit show, but it’s not an imminent danger. They’re just holding domains for me and not facilitating any escrow or marketplace transactions.
Realistic? Sorry I forgot you have direct access to their balance sheet and you can see how/when debt's will be serviced.

"they're just holding domains for me" screw everybody else right? :ROFL: You revealed yourself. Keep talking

Your irresponsible comments are comical at best. I'm sad I wasted my breath on you.

Last edited:
•••
Realistic? You have direct access to their balance sheet and you can see how/when debt's will be serviced.

FWIW, @Domain Ethos isn't the only domainer who isn't rushing to transfer everything out immediately. It appears some think ICANN has enough safety mechanisms in place to prevent domain loss. Though, to me, it seems like a get out now, to avoid future headaches situation. Assuming ICANNs safety mechanism isn't always a smooth process (though, as mentioned previously in this thread, nothing reported yet seems to outright warrant epik losing ICANN accredidation).

Almost as if Epik, from a a domainer registrar POV, a belief may be (1) not all domains are worth renewing/transfering (2) not all domainers are liquid enough to transfer everything out. (3) All high end / important domains seem like they should be transferred out asap to prevent against any possible down time or potential loss.

Last edited:
•••
Where is the money Rob Monster?!?!

We know Monster was given $16,000,000 by an investor, gave back $2,000,000 = + $14,000,000

We know Monster absconded with about $4,000,000 in his Masterbucks ponzi scam. = + $4,000,000

We know that he spent money on M&A deals and developing a social app. Based on my research and estimations, with a crazy high safe number that would be about = - $3,000,000

So that gives us a grand total of $15,000,000 that is MIA!!!

$15,000,000 is a crazy amount of money to be missing and the idea that Rob Monster is not on here explaining where that money is why he can't pay people back is just disgusting.

•••
I am against everything that has been going on recently with Epik and its incestuous relationship with Masterbucks (previously EpikBucks). This is clear in all of my previous posts in this thread. It’s astounding it has been continuously happening and authorities have not publicly stepped in yet. Kathleen has followed through proper procedure in reporting her incident to the correct federal authorities along with hiring a lawyer. It is now a waiting game.

The posts and user investigations, turned conspiracies, into into Epik (maybe they are facts, but time will tell) has become weirdly obsessive and is detracting from the current issues at the forefront.

Warn and be warned about Epik and Masterbucks. Keep reporting and raise awareness on the issues to public media and federal authorities. As for everything else, unless legitimately confirmed, it cannot currently be refuted as fact and only decreases credibility in the eyes of outsiders on the issues being brought up.

This will be my last post in this thread. I hope debts are paid, investigations are made, Epik is forcibly transparent or brought to justice, and everyone can be on their merry way.

Cheers to domaining.

Last edited:
•••
I am against everything that has been going on recently with Epik and its incestuous relationship with Masterbucks (previously EpikBucks). This is clear in all of my previous posts in this thread. It’s astounding it has been continuously happening and authorities have not publicly stepped in yet. Kathleen has followed through proper procedure in reporting her incident to the correct federal authorities along with hiring a lawyer. It is now a waiting game.

The posts and user investigations, turned conspiracies, into into Epik (maybe they are facts, but time will tell) has become weirdly obsessive and is detracting from the current issues at the forefront.

Warn and be warned about Epik and Masterbucks). Keep reporting and raise awareness on the issues to public media and federal authorities. As for everything else, unless legitimately confirmed, it cannot currently be refuted as fact and only decreases credibility in the eyes of outsiders on the issues being brought up.

This will be my last post in this thread. I hope debts are paid, investigations are made, Epik is forcibly transparent or brought to justice, and everyone can be on their merry way.

Cheers to domaining.
Glad to hear you won't be posting any more. Now let me fix your post. Nothing "incestuous" about Epik and Masterbuck's relationship. They are more than related to each other, they are literally the same entity. Also, not giving any examples of so called conspiracy theories and basically trying to cast doubt on everything that has been posted is another pitiful attempt to discredit the victims an defend Epik. Truly Monsterous gaslighting.

And BTW, your advice to keep domains at Epik is just dumb and I hope no one listens to you. It doesn't matter if you could potentially lose them in a shut down or not and how that transfer process works with ICANN, the issue is you can not rely on Epik to renew them being that they are in financial ruin, you certainly can't rely on them to sell through their marketplace, their software has been hacked many times and is probably being cared for even less now with all the layoffs so there is a definite possibility of another hack and stealing of domains, their customer service is an outsourced mess now AND if Epik has literally gone into people's accounts and converted their USD and BTC into Mastercucks thereby stealing their money why couldn't they do the same with a domain name?

Thanks for not posting any more here.

•••
Glad to hear you won't be posting any more. Now let me fix your post. Nothing "incestuous" about Epik and Masterbuck's relationship. They are more than related to each other, they are literally the same entity. Also, not giving any examples of so called conspiracy theories and basically trying to cast doubt on everything that has been posted is another pitiful attempt to discredit the victims an defend Epik. Truly Monsterous gaslighting.

And BTW, your advice to keep domains at Epik is just dumb and I hope no one listens to you. It doesn't matter if you could potentially lose them in a shut down or not and how that transfer process works with ICANN, the issue is you can not rely on Epik to renew them being that they are in financial ruin, you certainly can't rely on them to sell through their marketplace, their software has been hacked many times and is probably being cared for even less now with all the layoffs so there is a definite possibility of another hack and stealing of domains, their customer service is an outsourced mess now AND if Epik has literally gone into people's accounts and converted their USD and BTC into Mastercucks thereby stealing their money why couldn't they do the same with a domain name?

Thanks for not posting any more here.

To correct any misconceptions, I never advised anyone to hold their domains with Epik. Go back and read all of my posts. I personally renewed all of my domains just before these incidents became public and I am currently not in a financially smart point in my personal life to pay for the transfer/renewal of all of my domains so soon again.

Last edited:
•••

Cheers to domaining.

It's impossible to always appease everyone in the crowd. Thanks for chiming in levelheadedly!

I don't know if we would ever be able to work out what was Rob's and what was Epik's. In fact, I wonder if Rob himself even knew...

I'm wondering if it makes sense to for folks who still have names at epik to remove anonymize privacy, just to ensure a public WHOIS record?

I recently re-read the VOCL.com UDRP dispute Creatd, Inc. v. Privacy Administrator, Anonymize, Inc. / Robert Monster where the WIPO decision cited inherent conflicts of interest when the udrp respondent is both the ceo of the used registrar and also the governor of the used whois privacy shield.

7. Initial Comments on the Registrar’s Role in This Case​

This is an unusual case in that the Respondent is the CEO of the Registrar and also is described as the “governor” and “head” of the Registrar’s subsidiary, Anonymize, which was used for a privacy shield. These relationships create an inherent conflict of interest since the Panel relies on the Registrar to provide accurate information in response to the verification request, but the Respondent, who also is the CEO of the Registrar, would have an interest in hiding accurate information about the ownership of the disputed domain name (not to mention other domain names it may acquire) in order to strengthen the Respondent’s arguments with respect to its purported legitimate interest and potential bad faith.

Those prospects of a conflict of interest are problematic in this case. The Registrar, in its verification, inaccurately claimed that Mr. Monster was the owner of the disputed domain name and had been the owner since 2000, long before the Complainant adopted its trademark. In its initial Response, the Respondent provided other information – that the owner of the disputed domain name was Anonymize (not Mr. Monster) and that Anonymize had owned the disputed domain name continuously since September 2020, before Mr. Lindell’s plan in March 2021 to use the disputed domain name for a competing social media service, but significantly after the initial creation date by some two decades. Either way, these inaccurate disclosures were to the Respondent’s benefit. If the Respondent had actually registered the disputed domain name in the year 2000 prior to the Complainant’s trademark rights (registered in 2018 and claiming first use in 2016), the Panel would have found an absence of bad faith registration. See, e.g., WIPO Overview of WIPO Panel Views on Selected UDRP Questions, Third Edition (“WIPO Overview 3.0”), section 3.8. Similarly, if the Respondent had registered the disputed domain name prior to the announcement of Mr. Lindell’s venture, and had never transferred the disputed domain name to Mr. Lindell, then the Panel likely would find an absence of bad faith registration since the disputed domain name would have been registered without regard to Mr. Lindell’s arguably infringing plan. See generally id., sections 3.1 and 3.2.

The information provided both by the Registrar and in the Response was materially inaccurate, and it was only after the Panel issued procedural orders seeking clarification that the Respondent corrected the record and admitted that Mr. Monster personally was the registrant but that he only acquired the disputed domain name in March 2021, after the Complainant acquired its trademark and after Mr. Lindell announced and then abandoned his plans. Even still, there remain unexplained inconsistencies in the documentary material submitted by the Respondent: the emails between the Registrar and Mr. Carter indicate that the seller of the disputed domain name on March 9, 2021 was Mr. Monster (not Mr. Vinkhona) and that there was no broker involved, but the internal escrow documentation the Respondent submitted states that Mr. Monster was the broker for Mr. Vinkhona.

This misconduct by the Respondent and by the Registrar is troubling. It is all the more troubling because it appears to have been designed to improve the Respondent’s prospects for success in this proceeding. It raises significant questions as to the propriety of a Registrar being allowed to buy and sell domain names for its own account (or the propriety of a Registrar’s subsidiaries, officers or employees to engage in domain name speculation). This is an issue that the Panel believes should be addressed by ICANN, and the Panel requests that the Center share this decision with ICANN so that ICANN may consider whether to impose restrictions on such behavior by registrars. See, e.g., Registrar Accreditation Agreement, sections 3.7.9 (“Registrar shall abide by any ICANN adopted specifications or policies prohibiting or restricting warehousing of or speculation in domain names by registrars”) and section 1.3.2 (noting that ICANN may establish specifications and policies on “prohibitions on warehousing of or speculation in domain names by registries or registrars”).

The inaccurate disclosures in this case also call into question the certification in the Response, signed by the Respondent’s counsel, Daniel R. Price, “that the information contained in this Response is to the best of the Respondent’s knowledge complete and accurate, that this Response is not being presented for any improper purpose, such as to harass, and that the assertions in this Response are warranted under the Rules and under applicable law, as it now exists or as it may be extended by a good-faith and reasonable argument.” The documentation that the Respondent eventually submitted with its second and third supplemental submissions directly contradicts the representations in the initial Response, which at minimum makes the Panel question Mr. Price’s due diligence in signing the certification.

The Complainant is not wrong to highlight these serious issues. They are not violations of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure since, as the Complainant acknowledged, those rules apply in United States federal courts, not in a UDRP proceeding. But they do call into question the Respondent’s credibility. That said, the documentation attached to Mr. Monster’s declaration does appear to substantiate his explanation of the facts of this case.

If this proceeding were being held before a United States court, the court would have the inherent power, as a sanction, to rule for the Complainant in light of the Respondent’s serial misrepresentations. The Policy, however, does not give that power to a panel. Rather, the Panel only can rule for the Complainant if the Complainant satisfies the three elements of the Policy. The Panel turns to that analysis in the following three sections.

Rob Monster later took to his deadForum to say epik had offered to buy the domain (vocl.com), so if the buyer was Epik, I'm not entirely sure why the UDRP had listed Rob and not Epik as the respondent.

Not to derail this thread off topic, just wondering how the record keeping will play out for registrants, should shit break the fan.

Last edited:
•••
Rob Monster later took to his deadForum to say epik had offered to buy the domain, so if the buyer was Epik, I'm not entirely sure why the UDRP had listed Rob and not Epik as the respondent.

Not to derail this thread off topic, just wondering how the record keeping will play out for registrants, should shit break the fan.

Correct. While there are registrar failover procedures in which another registrar assumes management on the basis of the registration data available from the failed registrar (which is escrowed every month), the reliability of that depends on the integrity of the underlying data. There are a couple of WIPO proceedings in which Epik appears unsure who is the registrant of a domain name. This one is pretty amazing:

https://www.wipo.int/amc/en/domains/search/text.jsp?case=D2019-1816

Following the notice of this dispute and the Center’s request for Registrar Verification, the Registrar identified the Respondent “Manu Miglani” of Privacy Gods Limited in London, United Kingdom as the registrant. No such individual or entity has expressed an interest in the Domain Name in this proceeding, and the online database operated by the United Kingdom Companies House shows that Privacy Gods Limited was dissolved on March 5, 2019; it is therefore not clear that such individual exists. Subsequently, Mr. Rob Monster, founder and CEO of the Registrar Epik Inc. of Sammamish, Washington, United States (“Epik”) stated variously in communications with the Center, beginning with an email dated August 7, 2019, that Mr. Monster himself or the Registrar as an organization is the registrant, finally concluding that “Epik” is the “registrant and respondent” and that “there was a clerical error previously” in identifying the registrant as “Manu Miglani” of Privacy Gods Limited.

Now, sure, the apparent inability, in more than one UDRP dispute, for Epik to identify the registrant of a domain name may merely reflect a bizarre business strategy of Epik. It appears that what Rob does when a customer gets a UDRP is not to act as a mere neutral service provider, but to find out whether his customer is interested in fighting the UDRP and, if not, inserting himself into the process for the likely purpose of extracting some kind of settlement payment out of the complainant.

But the apparent result, on more than one occasion, has been to contribute to a definite impression that Epik has a hard time keeping track of who owns what.

•••
A little birdie told me Rob is claiming to be shut out by the board from any oversight or activity regarding Epik. That his hands are tied. Also that they are likely having SAW broker off the best names in the Epik portfolio to raise funds.

•••
A little birdie told me Rob is claiming to be shut out by the board from any oversight or activity regarding Epik. That his hands are tied. Also that they are likely having SAW broker off the best names in the Epik portfolio to raise funds.
I was told the same by more than one birdie but it sounds like something coming from Monster. I don't see how that can be. He owns the vast majority of the shares and he stated publicly that the investor didn't have a board seat. I think he was the only board member, maybe set up when Royce came on board?

Do you know who all is on the board?

•••

SAW broker off the best names in the Epik portfolio to raise funds.

Good move, if it is not a firesale.

•••
A little birdie told me Rob is claiming to be shut out by the board from any oversight or activity regarding Epik.

I thought Rob was the chairman of the board?. .. I also wasn't aware epik had any other board members left. Any idea who the epik board currently consists of?

Last edited:
•••
I thought Rob was the chairman of the board?. .. I also wasn't aware epik had any other board members left. Any idea who the epik board currently consists of?
If you want further info on where I got the info pm me. I don’t know how many on the board or if he means Royce restricted him.

•••
FWIW, @Domain Ethos isn't the only domainer who isn't rushing to transfer everything out immediately. It appears some think ICANN has enough safety mechanisms in place to prevent domain loss. Though, to me, it seems like a get out now, to avoid future headaches situation. Assuming ICANNs safety mechanism isn't always a smooth process (though, as mentioned previously in this thread, nothing reported yet seems to outright warrant epik losing ICANN accredidation).

Almost as if Epik, from a a domainer registrar POV, a belief may be (1) not all domains are worth renewing/transfering (2) not all domainers are liquid enough to transfer everything out. (3) All high end / important domains seem like they should be transferred out asap to prevent against any possible down time or potential loss.
For some people, it is indeed about money.

I know of one investor who would love to transfer all names away today, but simply hasn't got the five figure amount it requires right now.

But I agree - I don't see any reason to hang around at Epik if you can indeed move your names today.

Last edited:
•••

Thanks Bill.

Thanks for chiming in. FWIW that partnership seems to have been portrayed on numerous occassions (at least publicly) as something other than simply a partnership between you and Rob Monster. Epik/DNProtect also seemed synonymous for cross promoting each other.
Yes, that’s exactly what I meant when I said “Rob/Epik seemed to be terms that were used interchangeably”. It gets somewhat confusing…

I'm wondering if it makes sense to for folks who still have names at epik to remove anonymize privacy, just to ensure a public WHOIS record?
Yep, that’s precisely what I did a couple of weeks ago.

I know of one investor who would love to transfer all names away today, but simply hasn't got the five figure amount it requires right now.
Exactly. That's where I'm at too. I have stated elsewhere "I did a heap of forward renewals before the price increase this year so I actually had renewed everything that had an expiry within 12 months, so the bulk of my portfolio doesn't expire until 2024. Adding another year to this was not high on my agenda at this time, but the current situation necessitates it."
While the situation necessitates it, I'm still deciding where exactly to get the funds from. It's 5 figures, and exchange rates are terrible for me at present due to the relative strength of the USD, so having to do a whole pile of transfers right now actually costs me maybe 25% more than it would during 'normal' times. That's difficult to swallow when none of my domains expire for many months. I might just resolve to move 1/2 my domains (the best ones) and could be forced to take the risk with the others.

•••

But I agree - I don't see any reason to hang around at Epik if you can indeed move your names today.
It would be nice in situations like this if ICANN and the registries allowed the ability to transfer registrations to another registrar while just keeping the original expiration date, without having to pay to extend it and transfer.

Brad

•••
It's impossible to always appease everyone in the crowd. Thanks for chiming in levelheadedly!

I recently re-read the VOCL.com UDRP dispute Creatd, Inc. v. Privacy Administrator, Anonymize, Inc. / Robert Monster where the WIPO decision cited inherent conflicts of interest when the udrp respondent is both the ceo of the used registrar and also the governor of the used whois privacy shield.

Rob Monster later took to his deadForum to say epik had offered to buy the domain (vocl.com), so if the buyer was Epik, I'm not entirely sure why the UDRP had listed Rob and not Epik as the respondent.

What are the "pros and cons" when removing anonymize privacy from the domain names?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back