Dynadot

alert The fund can't be withdrawal from Epik.com via Masterbucks wallet

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

enamebroker

Top Member
Impact
It happened on 23rd Aug 2022 and this matter lasted almost one month without any process. Masterbucks.com declined my fund withdrawal and disabled the button of fund withdrawal. And I contacted Epik.com and got no further action even if Rob Monster got involved in it for two weeks. All the time I was told in email by management review.

What is wrong with Epik.com? Do you think it is normal to disable fund withdrawal? How can I get back my fund from Epik.com? Thanks for your suggestion.

Capture4.JPG

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
FWIW, the ("Old*******").com domain I tried registering twice at epik via masterbucks and paypal on December 3rd is still unregistered.

I know this isn't an ICANN issue now, was mainly looking for public signs that could hint at a registrars health. Perhaps wondering if epik has verisign credit is a fishing expedition, just thinking if .com registrations stop, and maybe .com renewals stop for an extended amount of time, than that may be signs the final straw is near.

My December 3rd masterbucks attempt to register ("Old_______.com") is still not registered.

Last edited:
•••

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221125-074320_Messenger.jpg
    Screenshot_20221125-074320_Messenger.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 136
•••
Meanwhile:
There is absolutely no doubt that Tony is aware of this issue. He posted in this thread.

@Tony Blessed no one is buying the playing dumb routine.

Again, you only have one reputation.

People who are involved with this better think long and hard about that.

Soliciting new "escrow" business that is leaving sellers with a Masterbucks balance that can't be withdrawn is shameful.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
That's Tony Blessed referring to Masterbucks as part and parcel of epik but now it is no longer an epik company. It is so bad the guy doesn't have any empathy knowing that people can lose large sum of money to epik and he is still processing transactions as though nothing is happening. I hope is is arrested and prosecuted.
Meanwhile:

•••
So now that we all have a pretty good handle on what is happening with things at Epik I am curious about what happened to all that money ~18,000,000. I suspect much of it got blown or hidden in crypto. The nice thing about about crypto, from a forensics point of view at least, is that ALL transactions are stored in the blockchain and public and they can't be hidden after the fact so it doesn't hurt my investigation to state my plans publicly.

Does anyone know of any Epik, Rob, Masterbucks, etc addresses for various crypto they accepted payments with? Also, if you ever made a payment using crypto to any of the above and know your address and date of transaction I can figure out their address(es).

This could be very interesting. Please post all addresses. Thanks!
I'm going to ask my buyer. He paid in crypto (which Tony converted to USD).

•••
•••
Here is the address I got from my buyer:

15rBZdZgniNBjziYNHjGSzjYJXeD8YWXyG

•••
Here is the address I got from my buyer:

15rBZdZgniNBjziYNHjGSzjYJXeD8YWXyG
Nice. So to confirm, this is the address he send BTC to in order to add funds to Epik escrow service in order to purchase your domain name? And those funds were then later converted to Masterbucks and put in your account? What was the amount of your transaction?

Last edited:
•••
Nice. So to confirm, this is the address he send BTC to in order to add funds to Epik escrow service in order to purchase your domain name? And those funds were then later converted to Masterbucks and put in your account? What was the amount of your transaction?
Exactly. The amount is $8k.

•••
Hi

which party in that transaction paid the escrow fee or commission the sale?
was it paid on epik or MB site?
also, as the seller, when entering the escrow agreement, does it state that your funds will be converted to MB and that you will have to withdraw from an MB account to get paid?

Exactly. The amount is $8k.

Thanks

imo...

•••
In addition to the state AG and banking authority, I assume victims are also reporting their situation to the FBI Internet Crimes Complaint Center:

https://www.ic3.gov/

Again, this is an intake mechanism for evaluating patterns and identifying high-priority cases. Typically, the FBI will be interested in situations that meet the federal $75,000 threshold, but it may also be of interest if there are multiple complaints directed toward the same criminal enterprise.

What can happen? There are a variety of obvious wire fraud and money laundering problems. Here is the outcome of a similar situation in which the operator of a debit card scheme was under-reporting the actual balances of the cards to the bank, skimming the rest, and using it for his house.

Remember when Epik was pretending that they were offering retail gift cards? Substitute "masterbucks" for debit card balance, and this practically rhymes:

https://www.justice.gov/usao-ndca/p...ty-bank-fraud-wire-fraud-and-money-laundering

Federal Judge Convicts Defendant Of Appropriating $1.5 Million In Fraudulent Debit Card Scheme And Money Laundering To Buy Orinda Home

Evidence presented at trial demonstrated that Safahi developed an elaborate fraud scheme in which he collected money from clients to fund prepaid debit cards and, while accurately reporting the balances of the cards to the clients, created a system called “funding on demand” to defraud the bank that supported the cards. In the fraud, Safahi reported to the bank only the amount the clients spent on the card as the card’s “balance,” while diverting to himself the remaining balance of the card’s value. For example, a client of Safahi’s company, CardEx, would buy a prepaid debit card for $100 and spend $10 of that $100 balance. Safahi’s fraudulent “funding on demand” system would then report to the bank the “balance” of that card as $10 instead of $100. This allowed Safahi to access the money representing the difference between the actual card balance and the amount that had been spent on the card as reported to the bank.

Safahi used the fraudulently obtained funds not only to pay off his company’s debt to another bank but also to buy a house in Orinda. Just two days before reporting the accurate balance to the bank, Safahi issued himself an $80,000 cashier’s check from his company’s account that, among other fraudulently obtained funds, he used to purchase the house. This transaction provided the basis of his money laundering conviction.

Safahi was convicted of one count of bank fraud in violation of 18 U.S.C. § 1344, which carries a maximum term of imprisonment of 30 years and a maximum fine of up to $1,000,000 or twice the gross gain or loss amount. He was also convicted of four counts of wire fraud in violation of 18 U.S.C. § 1343, which carries a maximum term of imprisonment of 20 years and a maximum fine of $250,00. Safahi was lastly convicted of one count of money laundering in violation of 18 U.S.C. § 1957, which carries a maximum term of imprisonment of 10 years and a maximum fine of $250,000. However, any sentence for these convictions will be imposed by the court only after consideration of the U.S. Sentencing Guidelines and the federal statute governing the imposition of a sentence, 18 U.S.C. § 3553.

His sentencing hearing is scheduled for February 3.

Again, writing Trustpilot reviews will not accomplish anything.

Telling your story to "some guy on a web forum" will not accomplish anything.

If you have been the victim of a crime and for whatever reason cannot bring legal action of your own, then at least report what happened to you to the relevant state and federal authorities. They may or may not take action, but seeking compensation for victims is one of the things they will do in the even they do take action.

Last edited:
•••
Been waiting 24 48 hours for a domain. Registered it elsewhere in 1 minute. Going to request a refund to original payment method. God forbid they refund me in masterbucks.

Last edited:
•••
Been waiting 24 48 hours for a domain. Registered it elsewhere in 1 minute. Going to request a refund to original payment method. God forbid they refund me in masterbucks.
Refunds typically go to in-store credit.

•••
Refunds typically go to in-store credit.
They did confirm in-store credit and then just sent an email saying registration failed. Which is fine, whatever. They also said the techs are looking into it. Still major issues at Epik with registrations and I'll be avoiding them from now on and start transferring things over to @Dynadot I've been loyal to Epik for some time now and they just keep having one issue and controversy after another. Any escrow I'll just perform on escrow.com.

Last edited:
•••
In addition to the state AG and banking authority, I assume victims are also reporting their situation to the FBI Internet Crimes Complaint Center:

https://www.ic3.gov/

Again, this is an intake mechanism for evaluating patterns and identifying high-priority cases. Typically, the FBI will be interested in situations that meet the federal $75,000 threshold, but it may also be of interest if there are multiple complaints directed toward the same criminal enterprise.

What can happen? There are a variety of obvious wire fraud and money laundering problems. Here is the outcome of a similar situation in which the operator of a debit card scheme was under-reporting the actual balances of the cards to the bank, skimming the rest, and using it for his house.

Remember when Epik was pretending that they were offering retail gift cards? Substitute "masterbucks" for debit card balance, and this practically rhymes:

https://www.justice.gov/usao-ndca/p...ty-bank-fraud-wire-fraud-and-money-laundering

Federal Judge Convicts Defendant Of Appropriating $1.5 Million In Fraudulent Debit Card Scheme And Money Laundering To Buy Orinda Home

Evidence presented at trial demonstrated that Safahi developed an elaborate fraud scheme in which he collected money from clients to fund prepaid debit cards and, while accurately reporting the balances of the cards to the clients, created a system called “funding on demand” to defraud the bank that supported the cards. In the fraud, Safahi reported to the bank only the amount the clients spent on the card as the card’s “balance,” while diverting to himself the remaining balance of the card’s value. For example, a client of Safahi’s company, CardEx, would buy a prepaid debit card for $100 and spend $10 of that $100 balance. Safahi’s fraudulent “funding on demand” system would then report to the bank the “balance” of that card as $10 instead of $100. This allowed Safahi to access the money representing the difference between the actual card balance and the amount that had been spent on the card as reported to the bank.

Safahi used the fraudulently obtained funds not only to pay off his company’s debt to another bank but also to buy a house in Orinda. Just two days before reporting the accurate balance to the bank, Safahi issued himself an $80,000 cashier’s check from his company’s account that, among other fraudulently obtained funds, he used to purchase the house. This transaction provided the basis of his money laundering conviction.

Safahi was convicted of one count of bank fraud in violation of 18 U.S.C. § 1344, which carries a maximum term of imprisonment of 30 years and a maximum fine of up to $1,000,000 or twice the gross gain or loss amount. He was also convicted of four counts of wire fraud in violation of 18 U.S.C. § 1343, which carries a maximum term of imprisonment of 20 years and a maximum fine of $250,00. Safahi was lastly convicted of one count of money laundering in violation of 18 U.S.C. § 1957, which carries a maximum term of imprisonment of 10 years and a maximum fine of $250,000. However, any sentence for these convictions will be imposed by the court only after consideration of the U.S. Sentencing Guidelines and the federal statute governing the imposition of a sentence, 18 U.S.C. § 3553.

His sentencing hearing is scheduled for February 3.

Again, writing Trustpilot reviews will not accomplish anything.

Telling your story to "some guy on a web forum" will not accomplish anything.

If you have been the victim of a crime and for whatever reason cannot bring legal action of your own, then at least report what happened to you to the relevant state and federal authorities. They may or may not take action, but seeking compensation for victims is one of the things they will do in the even they do take action.
All of the linked authorities posted are practically useless to those outside the US. I tried making a complaint at both state AG and BBB and it was a resounding failure. Either I'm blocked (as in the case of the BBB) or I'm asked to provide info I don't have. Even if it doesn't help me much, at least reviews on trustpilot can inform potential victims.

•••
The BBB is itself a scam, and they don't do anything. I don't recommend using the BBB. The only thing they do is to collect "membership fees" from shady businesses in order to have their complaints scrubbed. It is a protection racket, and not an actual legal authority of any kind.

You did not mention your problem with using IC3.

I'm asked to provide info I don't have.

Like what? Perhaps if you need help with the forms, posting what, specifically, you need might be one way to deal with that.

Again, the AG is not going to run right over and get your money. But if they get enough complaints about a business, that would be a reason for them to start an investigation and, yes, that takes time as well.

So, what information do you need which you don't have?

Last edited:
•••
Oy! I wonder how many other employees were paid in masterbucks.

I'd be interested to hear experiences from former epik employees, such as from @DanSanchez, @Gube, @MayChen.com and any other former epik badge holders.
The review above was from May. It’s a friend for me and honestly it’s sad to see the situation is still not resolved for her.
Personally I had the chance to get paid what I was due relatively fast (it was around the time MB went in maintenance mode - and all in from request to payment it probably took less than a month)
I still have domains at Epik as well and even bought one on NameLiquidate since then.

Dan, also a friend, had issues with the company as well but it’s up to him to discuss it or not. It’s maybe not necessary to add more to this already long thread.

I wish everything could go back to normal for Epik..

•••
It’s maybe not necessary to add more to this already long thread.

I wish everything could go back to normal for Epik..
Hi Gube

Thanks for posting

although the thread is long, it contains some very pertinent information.

all those who wore badges at the time of "normalcy" were also promoting the brand and the prosperousness of it...when considering the number of "reps" on board.

that influence, and the prominence was persuasive enough to put them in the position they are in today

surely, you and some others probably didn't have a clue then,
but now that you know the deal...
then any additional info that could be "shared" would be appreciated.

imo...

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
There is absolutely no doubt that Tony is aware of this issue. He posted in this thread.

@Tony Blessed no one is buying the playing dumb routine.

Again, you only have one reputation.

People who are involved with this better think long and hard about that.

Soliciting new "escrow" business that is leaving sellers with a Masterbucks balance that can't be withdrawn is shameful.

Brad
They don't care. Those kind of people only motivated by money and fear of consequences. Finding these shills is a huge part of running scams like Epik did. Look at FTX for example, they were paying youtubers $50K/month to promote their crap and cover up real concerns. When they all got outed as being part of the scam they just say, oh, well, can you blame me, it was a lot of money, and carry on. Nothing happens to them.

Monster did the same, he hired dozens maybe 100+ 3rd worlders to promote and defend Epik. They come on here and vote in polls, post positive comments and reviews here, on twitter and review sites, all over. Not only do they do that but they also talk bad about competitors and EVEN strike down sites and e-celebs of those they claim to care about so they are "needed".

Gab, Monster's claim to fame and partner in crime, was notorious for this. Andrew Torba and his band of human bots would file reports on right wing talkers to try and get them banned on major socials so they would be forced to use his crappy site. These men are not soldiers fighting for a cause, they are opportunistic grifters, parasites, feeding on hosts until there is nothing left.

Here is one such example - I despise this guy but he did catch Torba trying to strike him down because the Twitter admins tipped him off:
torba reports cernovich.png

•••
•••
•••
ok i was not aware of all the trouble surrounding epik i do have some domains listed on their market place and also some domains parked there
should i remove them ASAP ?
thank you

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back