Dynadot

alert The fund can't be withdrawal from Epik.com via Masterbucks wallet

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

enamebroker

Top Member
Impact
It happened on 23rd Aug 2022 and this matter lasted almost one month without any process. Masterbucks.com declined my fund withdrawal and disabled the button of fund withdrawal. And I contacted Epik.com and got no further action even if Rob Monster got involved in it for two weeks. All the time I was told in email by management review.

What is wrong with Epik.com? Do you think it is normal to disable fund withdrawal? How can I get back my fund from Epik.com? Thanks for your suggestion.

Capture4.JPG

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If these are not funds directly tied to a sale of a domain that happened on Epik.com they have every right and obligation to hold, investigate, only allow as store credit etc. They are not actually licensed as an escrow agent but they have to follow US protocol in these matters.

A thorough KYC strategy takes every measure to ensure people aren’t doing money laundering or tax evasion. So if you come from a country that does alot of fraud they probably take that into consideration for a longer hold and possible investigation and verification of documents provided are authentic and are indeed you.

No matter what the rules of Masterbucks withdrawals, deposits and transfers are— they should be clearly listed for all to know BEFOREHAND and if changes are implemented they need to send out newsletters about those changes.

Why did Sam not send you money on a traditional payment platform?

Last edited:
•••
Good thing I stopped using Epik since the hack but I never thought Epik would go down slowly this way instead of class action lawsuits from all the hacked victims etc. Epik R.I.P. & joined the registrar ghosts of the past..............

•••
Thanks for sharing, I will stop dealing with Epik

•••
Epik story. Keep us posted and hopefully moods will start epik sub forum, make things easier for its members

•••
ok, dont know everything, but i talked to someone there and they are working to get masterbucks.com back up soon, they are moving the server and they said that that takes longer than usual. Dont know if that helps or not but they were very friendly and professional mentioning it to me.

•••
They should rebrand to Master$ucks

Last edited:
•••
It seems no staff from Epik are staying in NP forum for a long time. And nobody deals with the matter of fund withdrawal in Epik.

•••
It seems no staff from Epik are staying in NP forum for a long time. And nobody deals with the matter of fund withdrawal in Epik.
Yet, there are still (30) representatives with Epik staff badges on NamePros. 30!

It sure seems like everyone disappeared.

The new CEO was announced 20+ days ago now. Since then, basically nothing has happened.

I am not aware of any statements, comments, or other real communication since that time frame.

It seems as more problems pop up, they have just gone radio silent.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Yet, there are still (30) representatives with Epik staff badges on NamePros. 30!

Brad
There is no active poll for best registrar of the year, so why would they be here now.

•••
•••
ok, dont know everything, but i talked to someone there and they are working to get masterbucks.com back up soon, they are moving the server and they said that that takes longer than usual. Dont know if that helps or not but they were very friendly and professional mentioning it to me.
Are they offereing Chuck E Cheese tokens instead in the interim? :xf.smile:

Kidding aside, at least you are able to get customer support on the phone. There seems to be a slowing down of phone customer support nowadays with various registrars. They are communicating the problem, and that's a good start.

•••

The new CEO was announced 20+ days ago now. Since then, basically nothing has happened.

I am not aware of any statements, comments, or other real communication since that time frame.

It seems as more problems pop up, they have just gone radio silent.

Brad
Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss.

•••
I'm afraid I'm not getting my money soon! Masterbucks is not working! I'm really sad!

•••
I had 1 or 2 escrow sales using epik..couple yrs back..mega smooth... rob mega helpful by email.. personally involved as mid man seller buyer etc.. nothing bad to say from my end.. now things may be different .. I'm pretty sure u cant just email new chieftain and expect any personal involvement. then again rarely works that way with companies... that's why they all hire reps.

•••
Sad to know this. Hope your issue will solve Epik.

•••
Masterbucks maintenance cannot cause non-payment of money.

•••
Masterbucks maintenance cannot cause non-payment of money.
Are they offering any alternative payment method, even temporarily, while they fix this issue?
Sorry to hear that you are having such a difficult time with their customer service.

•••
Are they offering any alternative payment method, even temporarily, while they fix this issue?
Sorry to hear that you are having such a difficult time with their customer service.
In words they offer, but the matter does not go further than words.
There are no payments.

•••
Masterbucks is not a method of payment, but a way of accounting for debts. Have they lost the data and do not know who they owe how much? If they have not lost the data, then nothing prevents their accounting department from paying their debts. They don't need masterbucks for that.

•••
Masterbucks is not a method of payment, but a way of accounting for debts. Have they lost the data and do not know who they owe how much? If they have not lost the data, then nothing prevents their accounting department from paying their debts. They don't need masterbucks for that.
Thanks for clarifying that. Sounds very disturbing.

•••
This one is very disturbing but I don't think so cuz my balance on Masterbucks is clearly seen on my Epik Dashboard and I even added funds from masterbucks to my epik balance directly from epik dashboard and purchased a domain yesterday. I think they are trying to block money transfers out of masterbucks.

•••
It's surprising that Epik's problems don't googling.

•••
When I sell a domain, I am only willing to accept payment in standard currency.
You then have the freedom to then buy whatever you want.

If you accept payment in Masterbucks, Dave & Buster's credits, Chuck E Cheese tokens, or any other "currency" then you are at the complete whim of the company itself.

Brad

•••
I perceived Masterbucks as wallets for dollars and euros, and not as a quasi-currency or tokens.
I was wrong?

Last edited:
•••
I perceived Masterbucks as wallets for dollars and euros, and not as a quasi-currency or tokens.
I was wrong?

Well, it is essentially an account credit that can be used for Epik services.

If they are going to prevent withdrawals, or make it a major pain, then it is more of a token than a wallet IMO.

I can't seem to find an actual TOS regarding Masterbucks anywhere. If Epik went under for instance, how are these Masterbucks credits protected?

I know this is what got them in trouble with Paypal in the past -

Masterbucks and tax avoidance at center of Epik PayPal controversy​

https://domainnamewire.com/2020/10/...oidance-at-center-of-epik-paypal-controversy/

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Back