IT.COM

alert The fund can't be withdrawal from Epik.com via Masterbucks wallet

NameSilo
Watch

enamebroker

Top Member
Impact
It happened on 23rd Aug 2022 and this matter lasted almost one month without any process. Masterbucks.com declined my fund withdrawal and disabled the button of fund withdrawal. And I contacted Epik.com and got no further action even if Rob Monster got involved in it for two weeks. All the time I was told in email by management review.

What is wrong with Epik.com? Do you think it is normal to disable fund withdrawal? How can I get back my fund from Epik.com? Thanks for your suggestion.

Capture4.JPG

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
In fairness, no one actually agreed to these terms.

Epik simply froze customer funds from withdrawal for weeks, then introduced them. There was no opt-out, as the funds were frozen.

At this point it appears the Masterbucks "upgrade" is essentially -

1.) Higher fees.
2.) Pain in the @ss KYC requirements.
3.) A new (and changing) TOS with many potentially questionable clauses, for instance I just noticed this -
Yep, understood. I'm certainly not saying I agree with it. I think the whole situation is rubbish and am glad I didn't have any funds in MB. I feel sorry for those who did. It seems apparent that it was taken down due to compliance issues (I suspect KYC was just part off it, but who knows for sure)...

It's incredibly difficult to believe that Epik handle these things the way they do (keeping their customers in the dark), but I guess we're getting used to it. ☹️

•••
Interesting Estonia fact that might or might not help, by providing an ID and possibly greater EU data rights or contract rights - especially in dealing with overreach or improper activity with data by Epik and Veriffy: you can become a digital citizen of Estonia and establish an EU presence:

https://www.e-resident.gov.ee

They also say they re-imburse fees for Ukrainians.

Can't see a signup fee but last time I heard one it was low xxx.

They won't accept Russians they say.

They charge a state fee, €100/€120 depending on what option you pick.

Not sure how they arrange stuff like local presence which would be a requirement to form a company and so forth.

Also, they require your fingerprints.

Better off with a UK limited... Maybe not after the brexit :) but them requiring fingerprints is a no go.

Beautiful country though if you know where to visit.

•••
I'm starting to get worried about these payments for larger sums. It feels like Epik are trying to crawl through to the weekend without giving any updates.

•••
I'm starting to get worried about these payments for larger sums. It feels like Epik are trying to crawl through to the weekend without giving any updates.
Until multiple people report that they were able to successfully withdraw a large sum of money via a means other than Paypal, I will remain skeptical.

Right now it seems like only a handful of people have had successful withdrawals, and only via Paypal.

For others, it seems like they have gone through the KYC steps and are still waiting.

For others, it seems like the KYC steps are simply impossible. What are they supposed to do?

The radio silence continues.

Brad

•••
There's little discussion regarding this matter on thedeadforum.com btw. I wonder why?

•••
There's little discussion regarding this matter on thedeadforum.com btw. I wonder why?
Yeah, there is basically nothing about it on the platform they own.

They are either being silent by choice, or something is compelling them to be silent.
I don't see any third option.

Either way, the lack of communication is a major issue.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Made a wire transfer request for $30,000.
Commission $795!

•••
Either way, the lack of communication is a major issue.

Yes. The lack of communication, being in denial and not owning up to their mistakes. They're a marginal/niche registrar run by hobbyists. They just happen to have some funding/backing.

I can forgive the occasional *uck up but the least they could do is own up to it.

Doing business comes with the occasional failure. No shame in that. But handle it like a man and don't let others take the hit for your naivety.

•••
With such a commission, Epik will become richer than Musk!

•••
With such a commission, Epik will become richer than Musk!

Not if their clients walk. I can't find a single reason that sets them apart from others anymore.

They've been operating in a 'grey' area for a long time. Looks like regulation and legal has finally caught up with them.

Last edited:
•••
Not if their clients walk. I can't find a single reason that sets them apart from others anymore.

They've been operating in a 'grey' area for a long time. Looks like regulation and legal has finally caught up with them.
Black's Law Dictionary: 2nd Edition
A scroll; a writing; a deed. Particularly a deed delivered by the grantor into the hands of a third person, to be held by the latter until the happening of a contingency or performance of a condition, and then by him delivered to the grantee. Thomas v. So wards, 25 Wis. 631; Patrick v. McCormick, 10 Neb. 1, 4 N. W. 312; Cagger v. Lansing, 57 Barb. (N. Y.) 427; Davis v. Clark, 58 Kan. 100, 48 Pac. 563; Easton v. Driscoll, 18 R. I. 313, 27 Atl. 445. A grant may be deposited by the grantor with a third person, to be delivered on the performance ofi a condition, and on delivery by the depositary it will take effect. While in the possession of the third person, and subject to condition, it is called an "escrow." Civil Code Cal. § 1057; Civll Code Dak. § 609. The state or condition of a deed which ls conditionally held by a third person, or the possession and retention of a deed by a third person pending a condition; as when an instrument is said to be delivered "in escrow." This use of the term, however, is a perversion of its meaning.

We use the term in the generic sense -- trusted 3rd party. In our case, we buy domains and we sell domains, and sometimes we do so with no profit. We are regulated by ICANN as an accredited registrar and govern ourselves accordingly.

I have said it before, if Escrow.com plans to continue to have the moral high ground as "Domain Escrow", they should become a registrar. Right now, they are a bank without a vault, introducing counter-party risk, procedural delay and expense where none is needed.

Who knows...Maybe the regulatory and licensing agencies were not buying their "self-governing" schtick.

https://www.namepros.com/threads/if...ng-time-and-money.1119508/page-6#post-7151132

People who refer to Black's Law Dictionary in this context are generally sovereign citizens.

Sovereign citizens often say debunked nonsense like "I was not driving, I was traveling." when they get pulled over, then say they were not traveling in a "commercial" capacity pointing to some irrelevant section of Black's Law Dictionary...when they were clearly driving a motor vehicle on a public road, which is regulated under state law.

Black's Law Dictionary has no relevance when it comes to state licensing requirements. If you act as an "escrow" company/agent, it is a highly regulated business in many states.

Again, Epik does not offer "escrow" services to their home state.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
due to compliance issues (I suspect KYC was just part off it, but who knows for sure)...
Or (100% speculation), it was mainly a money related move. They must have perfectly known how many people wouldn't be able to go through the procedure with the external provider they chose. They also knew what amounts it was representing in their MB pool.

They just had to look at the countries of their MB holders and compare it to the countries where the provider will hardly verify them. + They can count on the people doing debatable transactions to be unable/unwilling to go through it. According to R. Monster's admission mentioned in this thread, they also knew about it. And probably had a guess about how much money it was representing too.

Making it more difficult to just be able to withdraw = more money staying with them. Maybe almost indefinitely for some.

Again, nothing says this is the case, but it seems possible. The added fees could point to them seeking money. But maybe that's just normal. A company's goal is making profits, after all.

Last edited:
•••
In fairness, no one actually agreed to these terms.

Epik simply froze customer funds from withdrawal for weeks, then introduced them. There was no opt-out, as the funds were frozen.

At this point it appears the Masterbucks "upgrade" is essentially -

1.) Higher fees.
2.) Pain in the @ss KYC requirements.
3.) A new (and changing) TOS with many potentially questionable clauses, for instance I just noticed this -

https://masterbucks.com/terms

1. Feedback and Reviews
    1. MB welcomes any ideas and/or suggestions regarding improvements or additions to the Services. Under no circumstances shall any disclosure of any idea, suggestion or related material or any review of the Services, Third Party Services or any Third Party Provider (collectively, “Feedback") to MB be subject to any obligation of confidentiality or expectation of compensation. By submitting Feedback to MB (whether submitted directly to MB or posted on any MB hosted forum or page), you waive any and all rights in the Feedback and that MB is free to implement and use the Feedback if desired, as provided by you or as modified by MB, without obtaining permission or license from you or from any third party. Any reviews of a Third Party Service or Third Party Provider that you submit to MB must be accurate to the best of your knowledge, and must not be illegal, obscene, threatening, defamatory, invasive of privacy, infringing of intellectual property rights, or otherwise injurious to third parties or objectionable. MB reserves the right (but not the obligation) to remove or edit Feedback of Third Party Services or Third Party Providers, but does not regularly inspect posted Feedback.

Who determines what is "defamatory" or "injurious"? The term "sole discretion" is used multiple times.

Again, it is against the law to have clauses against negative reviews, if they are honest.

It’s illegal to ban honest reviews​

https://www.ftc.gov/business-guidance/blog/2017/02/its-illegal-ban-honest-reviews

If I had funds in Masterbucks, I would opt-out of these terms that I never agreed to and demand the terms were honored at the time the funds were frozen.

Brad
It should be illegal to have these "positive" dishonest reviews too on TrustPilot, why can't "Ana" be helpful to MasterBucks customers too:

peter2.png

Last edited:
•••
Everything is not fine yet. Lots of people haven't been paid.
Not fine, the veriff do not accept my ID card, many people face the same problem. And epik do not give any solution for 3 days.

•••
Made a wire transfer request for $30,000.
Commission $795!
Well, the absurd wire fee aside, let us know when it actually hits your bank account.

Brad

•••
Well, the absurd wire fee aside, let us know when it actually hits your bank account.

Brad
I will let you know.
Tomorrow I will make a request for the remaining money.

•••
•••
•••
Not fine, the veriff do not accept my ID card, many people face the same problem. And epik do not give any solution for 3 days.
Yes, Epik is going to need to provide a solution for the people who are not physically able to go through the (NEW) KYC process, because their identity documents are being rejected or are not supported in the first place.

Brad

•••
Or (100% speculation), it was mainly a money related move. They must have perfectly known how many people wouldn't be able to go through the procedure with the external provider they chose. They also knew what amounts it was representing in their MB pool.

They just had to look at the countries of their MB holders and compare it to the countries where the provider will hardly verify them. + They can count on the people doing debatable transactions to be unable/unwilling to go through it. According to R. Monster's admission mentioned in this thread, they also knew about it. And probably had a guess about how much money it was representing too.

Making it more difficult to just be able to withdraw = more money staying with them. Maybe almost indefinitely for some.

Again, nothing says this is the case, but it seems possible. The added fees could point to them seeking money. But maybe that's just normal. A company's goal is making profits, after all.
I doubt it was solely about the money, simply because I feel that they aren't stupid enough to ruin their reputation even further with this shamozzle unless it were necessary. They know they're on thin ice. And an extra few $ now, won't account for the lost future profits. Just my opinion though. I was certainly surprised to see the high transaction fees when Epik was traditionally the lowest on fees. My guess is that they are there to try and make back what they've just spent on fixing this mess. We're all guessing though aren't we, since it's crickets from the big E themselves?...

•••
By the way, I was transferring from the latest version of Masterbucks (Version: 3.21.6/2.73.6),
so I'm more likely to succeed. :-P

•••
My ID has been rejected. How do I then get my money?🙄

•••
Does anyone get back money by wire transfer or others except Paypal way?

•••
Does anyone get back money by wire transfer or others except Paypal way?
None so far, it remains pending. They say they fraud check with wire transfer but with PayPal it's different. Why do I feel like there is something fishy going on, why return manual review after all the weeks on so-called update for automated processing of payments.

Last edited:
•••

Indeed. Both potential verification issues _and_ preferred (or available) withdraw methods - all this should be known to Epik. For example, as reported earlier in this thread, It is no more possible to convert US$ earnings/balances to crypto @ masterbucks, but in 2020 Rob Monster posted the following on twitter:

monstercrypto.jpg

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back