Dynadot

alert The fund can't be withdrawal from Epik.com via Masterbucks wallet

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

enamebroker

Top Member
Impact
It happened on 23rd Aug 2022 and this matter lasted almost one month without any process. Masterbucks.com declined my fund withdrawal and disabled the button of fund withdrawal. And I contacted Epik.com and got no further action even if Rob Monster got involved in it for two weeks. All the time I was told in email by management review.

What is wrong with Epik.com? Do you think it is normal to disable fund withdrawal? How can I get back my fund from Epik.com? Thanks for your suggestion.

Capture4.JPG

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
My sixth Epik review at Trustpilot is live.
I do not write beautifully and emotionally, I dryly and succinctly describe an unpleasant situation.

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
Does anyone actually believe they’ll get paid next week?

•••
Does anyone actually believe they’ll get paid next week?

Well, let's take a look at the only public statement from anyone of authority at Epik and break it down.

https://domainnamewire.com/2022/09/29/epik-ceo-says-masterbucks-will-return-soon-with-upgrades/

Epik has taken its payments platform Masterbucks, which acts like a form of store credit, offline for maintenance. The company says it should be back online on October 10, and withdrawals won’t be available until then.
Should, not would. Good start.

Brian Royce, the new CEO of Epik, told Domain Name Wire that changes are necessary to improve the system.

“The software was, in my opinion…it had some issues that I really felt strongly about addressing,” he said. “I don’t fly by the seat of my pants; I’m very precise. There are some issues with the software that I immediately identified, and my computer engineering and accounting backgrounds wouldn’t let that go. So I wanted to fix those things.”

For example, he said some payments required manual intervention rather the flowing through automatically.
Great, so payments should no longer require manual intervention.
How about withdrawals?

The changes coincide with a data center migration, which adds to the complexity.

Customers on NamePros started complaining about the inability to withdraw funds about a week ago.

Royce said Masterbucks is a big part of Epik’s future and he plans to turn Masterbucks into a Paypal competitor.
:ROFL:

Unrelated to Masterbucks, Royce reiterated free speech views that were in the news release announcing his appointment as CEO. Royce said he’s a big proponent of free speech.

“I think of Epik as a utility provider, just like Verizon,” he explained. “We’re providing a utility. You could call me on the phone and say horrible stuff that I find repugnant, and Verizon isn’t going to cut off your phone line. That is the freedom of speech. The same thing is true on the internet, or it should be.”
Do reviews count as "free speech" to them?

Royce said he’s comfortable with Epik providing services to controversial groups. “We’re not far right; we’re far everything,” he said. He said the company would work with Antifa or the late Larry Flynt, for example. Generally speaking, he draws his line at people taking from others or hurting them.
You mean like freezing customer's funds, for weeks, with no advance notice?

Reading the posts here, I think that some of the people could definitely qualify as "hurting" because of Epik's actions.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
One thing I find ridiculous about this whole issue is the way Epik seems to take its customers for fools.

How possible is it for a CEO to ignore the obviously sensible directives of the Chairman of the board who is also likely the majority owner of the company?

That's like an employee giving his boss the middle finger just because he recently became a supervisor.

He'd best have another job lined up.

Plus, did Brian suddenly become aware of the issues with the software after he became the CEO?

And how sensible is it for a CEO to disrupt a CORE aspect of the business just because of his "opinion"?

Nothing about all these makes sense.

Epik needs to give people their money ASAP.

With the current economic trend in the world right now, that money could lose a lot of value FAST.

Last edited:
•••
Well, let's take a look at the only public statement from anyone of authority at Epik and break it down.

https://domainnamewire.com/2022/09/29/epik-ceo-says-masterbucks-will-return-soon-with-upgrades/

Should, not would. Good start.

Great, so payments should no longer require manual intervention.
How about withdrawals?

:ROFL:

Do reviews count as "free speech" to them?

You mean like freezing customer's funds, for weeks, with no advance notice?

Reading the posts here, I think that some of the people could definitely qualify as "hurting" because of Epik's actions.

Brad

“I think of Epik as a utility provider, just like Verizon,” he explained. “We’re providing a utility. You could call me on the phone and say horrible stuff that I find repugnant, and Verizon isn’t going to cut off your phone line. That is the freedom of speech. The same thing is true on the internet, or it should be.” - Brian Royce

Please. No utility company will shut down operations to undergo maintenance for a month.

•••
•••
In an absolute shocker, free speech champions Epik flag even more reviews on TrustPilot.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
If Epik owes you money. Write Trustpilot reviews. They can’t flag all of them. I have reported them to Trustpilot

•••
Last edited:
•••
Epik flagged this review too before as illegal and harmful, but TrustPilot later removed the flag and approved it.
Maybe they're starting to see the pattern.

•••
•••
After I informed Epik about this officially lodged complaint, Rob Monster himself called me on my mobile number yesterday. (He DM’d me for my number) It was him because the number is verified and shows up as Epik LLC in Caller ID.

He says Brian broke his back and was hospitalised over the weekend, which was the reason why Brian couldn’t sign off on the manual wire transfer that I had requested for the Seller last week, in the absence of Masterbucks.
Just got a response from Brian. He clearly refused my manual transfer. According to him they have a company policy and it’s clear Masterbucks is closed until they fix it.

According to him he is trying to save master-bucks. This guy refuses to accept Rob’s request.

“But you, like everyone else, must wait until our system is updated.”

This guy is the problem

The good news is Brian appears to be recovering from his broken back.

It's good to see it is not holding him back from doing the important work of rejecting customer withdrawals.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Participants in this thread are advised to use tags with their own individual postings,

like this:

1665182026438.png

You can do this retroactively for postings that are relevant.

The tags are clickable after creation.

Please keep it to the point, don't overdo. It's very powerful.

Last edited:
•••
The good news is Brian appears to be recovering from his broken back.

It's good to see it is not holding him back from doing the important work of rejecting customer withdrawals.

Brad

Sorry to break it to ya. Earlier, I was told Brian went into surgery this morning… for the same reason he was hospitalised over the weekend.

•••
Sorry to break it to ya. Earlier, I was told Brian went into surgery this morning… for the same reason he was hospitalised over the weekend.
What does this mean? On the 10th masterbucks.com will be up, but payments will be delayed until Brian recovers? Get well soon Brian.

Last edited:
•••
What does this mean? On the 10th masterbucks.com will be up, but payments will be delayed until Brian recovers? Get well soon Brian.

Not sure about actual repercussions. But I see it as a potential excuse-in-the-making

•••
It seems we are repeating most now, I'll come and check back on the 10th and see if they really did what they promised. Hope all will end well for all customers.

•••
A lot of people were promised manual payment by Rob and other Epik employees. Not a single one got their money.

•••
Rob ever contacted me on Sep 5, but he didn't resolve it till now.
Capture1.JPG
Capture2.JPG

Last edited:
•••
I see Rob still has his pro badge lol
That should be rectified, I know perfect spot

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back