IT.COM

alert The fund can't be withdrawal from Epik.com via Masterbucks wallet

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

enamebroker

Top Member
Impact
It happened on 23rd Aug 2022 and this matter lasted almost one month without any process. Masterbucks.com declined my fund withdrawal and disabled the button of fund withdrawal. And I contacted Epik.com and got no further action even if Rob Monster got involved in it for two weeks. All the time I was told in email by management review.

What is wrong with Epik.com? Do you think it is normal to disable fund withdrawal? How can I get back my fund from Epik.com? Thanks for your suggestion.

Capture4.JPG

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Let's be honest, it is not like any assets are actually moving anywhere. No moving trucks are showing up. :ROFL:

They are simply moving on paper.

This is an attempt to sign a few sheets of paper to absolve yourself of certain debts, especially those owed to customers.
That’s true. Though there is obviously new money coming in from somewhere. We know for sure that Adkisson has been paid. Epik LLC said they paid ICANN, etc. Obviously can’t take their word for it, but that will become very evident soon enough. Clearly there has been NO money in the business for a long time (since they can’t even pay for renewals), so, regardless of who’s running the show after moving some things around on paper, it would be very interesting to know who decided to put money into it.

•••
Sorry to hear about your continued troubles and thanks for sharing details on how NL is "working" since the "sale".
Thanks @GNP
Fortunately, I'm not really bothered - I'm just using up a couple hundred $ credit I had left at Epik. I had pretty much already expected to lose this money, and am fortunate that this is now my only exposure to Epik, thus I'm in a much better position than many who had a lot of $$ in Masterbucks. Really just posting here to keep people up-to-date a bit with Epik-related business.

So WHO is actually running NameLiquidate???
According to the "poster" they don't offer aftermarket, but according to NL's website quote: "A service of Epik. com"!! So is "Old Epik" still running NL OR is this seemingly another lie / contradiction by the "poster"???
That's a very good question. NameLiquidate WAS included in the purchase (well at least the copy of the APA that we've seen), which seems strange when the LLC people say they're only running a registrar and no marketplace, etc. Presumably they have forgotten to switch it off at this stage. But everything is just a guess with these guys. Certainly, you'd have to wonder why they bought it if they don't want to operate it. In fact, they wanted it so bad, they had it listed twice in the list of assets they were buying:

1686109160524.png

1686109179938.png

I assume NL is getting zero attention at present, and it'll die out anyway. With the lack of domains there now it just seems to be a couple of sellers listing, and some of the expiry stream.

So "New Epik" might be backdating unwanted changes to when "Old Epik" was in charge!!!
That sounds really sketchy...I wonder if "Old Epik" agreed to that being done???
Also means that anyone still using new/old Epik services should screenshot their transactions and immediately email the screenshots to an email address the user owns (for future date/time proof, if things get backdated changes later on).
Well, I can't say that for sure. I know I had been charged for the domain and renewal, and nothing was delivered. This was the case a day or two after the auction ended. I didn't really expect to ever receive the domain, so didn't check again until yesterday. At that point, the refunds had been issued, though it's possible this was done prior to the sale to the LLC.

Regardless though, the more proof you have of any current transactions at Epik, the better, IMHO.

•••
That's a very good question. NameLiquidate WAS included in the purchase (well at least the copy of the APA that we've seen), which seems strange when the LLC people say they're only running a registrar and no marketplace, etc. Presumably they have forgotten to switch it off at this stage. But everything is just a guess with these guys. Certainly, you'd have to wonder why they bought it if they don't want to operate it. In fact, they wanted it so bad, they had it listed twice in the list of assets they were buying:

Show attachment 239586
Show attachment 239587
"New" Epik said "we have no escrow service".

The APA lists the domain "epikescrow.com" twice as well, on lines B and F.

Nothing says a document that was thrown together at the last minute, like that lack of attention to detail does.

Last edited:
•••
The alleged "new" "epik" account -- that NP STILL hasn't verified -- claimed the actual agreement used was different from the one shown in the RICO lawsuit. Now whether you believe that or not...all I know is they have already said enough things that are provably wrong and/or misleading and/or the story changes that I don't trust ANYTHING they say (just like the "old" Epik).

Nice to hear you got the exposure down to a couple $100 and thanks for keeping everyone up to date, especially with how things are running since the alleged changes. So far -- sad to say -- it sounds just like the old one. :(

They said they were "NOT" doing so many different things, I don't really see how they expect to make any money, since registrations by themselves are a VERY low-margin business.

Last edited:
•••
Nameliquidate: aren't they simply selling epik-regged expired domains exclusively now, together with daily diamonds? So the seller is epik? Something Epik possibly also did from the very beginning (not paying $$$ to previous owners of domains in question) with domains which were not explicitly listed by customers?

Also, as far as I remember, old epik announced some time ago that external domains are no more eligible to be listed on the marketplace. If it also meant that external domains can no more be added to the system - then this also eliminated most of nameliquiate listings (not epik-regged ones).

All the above is just the "best guess", I did not login to epik to check the things... have 0 domains with them anyway.

•••
imo, "Epik LLC" new NP account is indeed new epik. Not verified, but... what party would gain anything by impersonating them?

•••
imo, "Epik LLC" new NP account is indeed new epik. Not verified, but... what party would gain anything by impersonating them?
#1. The principal of the matter. If NP lets them get away with it then ANYONE can claim to be ANYTHING BEFORE they have been verified by NP, sounds like a scammers dream to me. That is the whole reason why NP should require verification BEFORE an account can act like a claimed entity, rather an allowing someone/anyone to act like an entity BEFORE they have been verified (if they do that, it should be considered impersonation, since they haven't been verified.)

#2. Let's do some out-of-the-box thinking. People are leaving your registrar left & right cause they pay for services that are NOT provided. So how do you get people to keep buying services that you don't deliver. Simply, claim to be a "new' company and that everything is now paid up to date, etc. Without any proof of the same. Guess what more people will buy products there now than would previously. Will it last, of course not, but it sure would be a good "trick" to steal more money before ICANN terminates you. (I am NOT saying this IS what is happening, but you asked what would someone gain and the answer is MONEY.)

And we both know if there is money to be gained, someone will always try a scam to get it.

Remember they CLAIMED they would have 10 customer support reps starting work on Monday & the domain backlog would be resolved by Tuesday morning...so why are there still reports of people NOT getting renewals, NOT getting domains they won, and not getting any response from support? The evidence seemingly contradicts those "official" statements and as the saying goes, actions speak louder than words.

Last edited:
•••

Quite possibly.

At the same time, what would "new" Epik have to gain by posting that load of manure?

I don't think blaming others, patting yourself on the back, and little condescending jabs are going to help you out.

This is especially true as Epik spent most of the last year creating a trail of victims, and largely ignoring them.

I hope it is a troll account, because if it is a real account, it really boggles the mind that anyone would think that is a good idea.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
At the same time, what would "new" Epik have to gain by posting
Well, they are their own worst enemy. It is the case for quite some time...

Last edited:
•••
That’s true. Though there is obviously new money coming in from somewhere. We know for sure that Adkisson has been paid. Epik LLC said they paid ICANN, etc. Obviously can’t take their word for it, but that will become very evident soon enough. Clearly there has been NO money in the business for a long time (since they can’t even pay for renewals), so, regardless of who’s running the show after moving some things around on paper, it would be very interesting to know who decided to put money into it.

well nobody covered adkisson legal.fees... but I guess he thought better some thAn none. considering if this kept going his legal fees would maybe be more than amount to recover.

•••
•••
Nothing says a document that was thrown together at the last minute, like that lack of attention to detail does.
That’s for sure!!

The alleged "new" "epik" account -- that NP STILL hasn't verified -- claimed the actual agreement used was different from the one shown in the RICO lawsuit.
Yes, maybe it’s true, maybe it’s not, but either way, it’s pretty convenient that they can refute anything by saying ‘oh the agreement was different from that’.

They said they were "NOT" doing so many different things, I don't really see how they expect to make any money, since registrations by themselves are a VERY low-margin business.
Yes, that was my thought too. When Rob was running it he was always pretty clear that there was no money in the domain reg and they really were keen to make their money from the marketplace.

I guess it could be that IF the buyer is actually related to the registration service then maybe they just want to offer domain reg as another service as some here have suggested, though $5mil seems rather a lot to offer that service when you could just act as a reseller for another registrar!

Nameliquidate: aren't they simply selling epik-regged expired domains exclusively now, together with daily diamonds?

Also, as far as I remember, old epik announced some time ago that external domains are no more eligible to be listed on the marketplace.
Maybe, but not sure exactly. Earlier this year I bought an external domain and I had to wait for it to be delivered. Most are with Epik, but it certainly wasn’t. Maybe they've cut off the external ones since that time. And there are a bunch of listings there that aren’t expired, plus prices for some are being set manually. So, either there are still customer domains being listed there (which I think is the case), or someone from E is spending a great deal more time on doing some that they’re… well…. not supposed to be doing anymore.

•••
So how do you get people to keep buying services that you don't deliver. Simply, claim to be a "new' company and that everything is now paid up to date, etc. Without any proof of the same
Yeah, I get what you’re saying, but if they’re running that rort they are so ridiculously unprofessional with how they’ve done it. No one on here trusts them and I think they’ve set a record for negative impact. On the other hand, if they’d had a PR person write some stuff up for them and help manage things, they could certainly have sucked a lot more people in. So, if they were trying to prolong a scam for a bit longer, they’ve done a terrible job. On the other hand, managing it like they have, does seem to indicate that @tonyk2000 may well be correct.

Though @bmugford makes a very valid point too!
1686137846571.png

Last edited:
•••
I am pretty sure there have been prior registrar failure(s) where the registrar just "gave up" and went incommunicado after receiving a "Breach" notification from ICANN, since the registrar couldn't afford to fix the issues causing the Breach, so something similar to the above scenario has likely already happened in the past.

Has there? granted I don't know precisely what to search for, but is there any record of other failed registrars that have popped chutes and smoke?

At this point I have everything out (not even worrying about the one as it is/was a parked failed investment) that I care about, CC is doing the CB thing, and i'm really just watching to see how this dumpster train plane fire crash plays out, somewhat for personal education for the future.

<insert image of jon stewart eating popcorn.>

•••
If so, did both buyers perform enough background check on domains they purchased? It was revealed earlier in this thread that some domains for sale by epik might not be legitimate listings [stolen from customers]. And, also, who purchased dnprotect domain and subsequently offered it to Bill Hartzer for a few thousand?

You have only one reputation. While purchasing aftermarket domains is by itself pefectly legitimate, it seems different domainers have different business principles. Not a direct analogy, just to illustrate what I mean: Once I dropped (manually deleted) a perfect 2words .com. Why? Doing routine google check on "Word1 Word2", I found a news "Word1Word2 owner was sued/charged for <something so cruel, that I wouldn't post these terms on NP>". Obviously this guy had nothing to do with my domain, he was just one of a number of businessmen who incorporated "Word1 Word2" naming his business. I still deleted the domain. I care about my buyers - somebody else might later mistakenly associate my future buyer with the above-mentioned crime. Saying nothing about myself the domain registrant at that time...

Last edited:
•••
Hi

maybe you all know about or have seen the Ali Shuffle,
where he does the dazzling footwork to confuse his opponent.

but have you ever seen the 3 card mollie shuffle?

if you have, then think about how this has been played out

new epik and old epik...
who is the dealer in this game
and can you find the master bucks?

imo...

•••
Hi

maybe you all know about or have seen the Ali Shuffle,
where he does the dazzling footwork to confuse his opponent.

but have you ever seen the 3 card mollie shuffle?

if you have, then think about how this has been played out

new epik and old epik...
who is the dealer in this game
and can you find the master bucks?

imo...
This story sure has its fair share of 5 knuckle shufflers.

•••
•••
•••
Why ICA org is not helping domainers recover their funds? They collect dues from domainers to protect domainers rights. This is clearly a legal matter, clearly rights been violated. @jberryhill @bmugford
Sounds like you are confused between ICA and ICANN. Very few domainers are member of ICA, but every domain reg has a fee paid to ICANN.

•••
Sounds like you are confused between ICA and ICANN. Very few domainers are member of ICA, but every domain reg has a fee paid to ICANN.
gTLDs pay a fee to ICANN, ccTLDs do not.

•••
They should launch Forever Domains 2.0

Milk these suckers.

Last edited:
•••
well nobody covered adkisson legal.fees... but I guess he thought better some thAn none.
Where did you find that info???

•••
Thank you all for this thread, very enlightening since I first noticed these crippling issues and searched online for help. I have since been able to transfer 30+ domains out of one of my Epik accounts, working on transferring out of my second account. All trust has been lost, I don't do business with incompetency and dishonesty like this. It's a shame, but I'm glad it's been exposed and I hope all victims receive what they are owed.

Adding more information here from my own experience. I had registered one domain in late March, two domains in early April, with the money going through to Epik at that time, and those just appeared in my account. Transferring those out today. :)

A trick I have used to expedite the transfers, setup 2FA (I use an authenticater) on your Epik account so you can approve transfers almost instantly instead of waiting 5-7 days for them to complete. Hopefully that helps somebody.

I am also in the process of migrating 10+ websites I manage off Epik/Terrahost's shared web hosting. It's always been a little inconvenient to work with, I think I'll enjoy being free from their platform. Again, lost trust.

What can I do to help y'all out in my own small way? Is it worth reporting Epik to ICANN? How can I do this in the most effective way? Thanks

#BeEpic ;)

Last edited:
•••
Where did you find that info???

read a few articles here and there..cant recall which or if one of their comments ... are.u saying it wouldn't make sense he paid legal fees?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back