IT.COM

alert The fund can't be withdrawal from Epik.com via Masterbucks wallet

NameSilo
Watch

enamebroker

Top Member
Impact
It happened on 23rd Aug 2022 and this matter lasted almost one month without any process. Masterbucks.com declined my fund withdrawal and disabled the button of fund withdrawal. And I contacted Epik.com and got no further action even if Rob Monster got involved in it for two weeks. All the time I was told in email by management review.

What is wrong with Epik.com? Do you think it is normal to disable fund withdrawal? How can I get back my fund from Epik.com? Thanks for your suggestion.

Capture4.JPG

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Hi!

Created an account so I can commiserate with everyone having the same issue.

I’m currently in escrow and have the same headaches right now. It’s been 12 days of the escrow process and in the last 4 days, Masterbucks has been down.

I’m on the Buyer side and have wired the money over to Epik. The entire process is already basically done. The only pending item is for Masterbucks to go back up so Epik.com can disburse the funds to the Seller.

We had a deadline to close this out by the end of the month but Epik.com has been daily telling me that Masterbucks will be up again soon. But it hasn’t happened yet. Honestly, it feels like I’ve been scammed out of my money. Definitely was a wrong decision to use Epik for the escrow service.

I asked them and they said an Escrow cancellation will take at least 96 hours before we get the funds wired back. I’m waiting until Monday to see if this Masterbucks issue gets resolved. If Masterbucks is still down by next week, I’d have to get my Plan B in motion—which very likely is to cancel the service and get my money back through legal action even if that takes longer.

•••
I managed to register a domain name for two dollars from Masterbucks's wallet.
Something else works for them.

•••
Hi!

I’m currently in escrow and have the same headaches right now. It’s been 12 days of the escrow process and in the last 4 days, Masterbucks has been down.

I’m on the Buyer side and have wired the money over to Epik. The entire process is already basically done. The only pending item is for Masterbucks to go back up so Epik.com can disburse the funds to the Seller.

We had a deadline to close this out by the end of the month but Epik.com has been daily telling me that Masterbucks will be up again soon. But it hasn’t happened yet. Honestly, it feels like I’ve been scammed out of my money. Definitely was a wrong decision to use Epik for the escrow service.

I asked them and they said an Escrow cancellation will take at least 96 hours before we get the funds wired back. I’m waiting until Monday to see if this Masterbucks issue gets resolved. If Masterbucks is still down by next week, I’d have to get my Plan B in motion—which very likely is to cancel the service and get my money back through legal action even if that takes longer.

What a hassle.

Brad

•••
Well, it is essentially an account credit that can be used for Epik services.

If they are going to prevent withdrawals, or make it a major pain, then it is more of a token than a wallet IMO.

I can't seem to find an actual TOS regarding Masterbucks anywhere. If Epik went under for instance, how are these Masterbucks credits protected?

I know this is what got them in trouble with Paypal in the past -

Masterbucks and tax avoidance at center of Epik PayPal controversy​

https://domainnamewire.com/2020/10/...oidance-at-center-of-epik-paypal-controversy/

Brad

Was this issue later resolved?

I ask because there is still a PayPal payment option on Epik.

•••
Hi!

So it is not only a burden for us domainers, but also our clients, thanks for letting us know, another reason to stay away from Epik. We may lose sales because of them apparently.

•••
It happened on 23rd Aug 2022 and this matter lasted almost one month without any process. Masterbucks.com declined my fund withdrawal and disabled the button of fund withdrawal. And I contacted Epik.com and got no further action even if Rob Monster got involved in it for two weeks. All the time I was told in email by management review.

What is wrong with Epik.com? Do you think it is normal to disable fund withdrawal? How can I get back my fund from Epik.com? Thanks for your suggestion.

Show attachment 223410

It is so frustrating to have your funds tied up. This is almost similar to the Celsius/LUNA situation. It is quite unfortunate that I also have funds locked in. Pending since Sept 13th.

•••
It is so frustrating to have your funds tied up. This is almost similar to the Celsius/LUNA situation. It is quite unfortunate that I also have funds locked in. Pending since Sept 13th.

Celsius issues had much less to do with luna than u spread her Info

•••
Last edited:
•••
1664036387388.png

Source: TrustRatings.com (an Epik company)

•••
Still, Masterbucks can hardly be interpreted as tokens, the words dollars and euros are clearly present in the names of wallets.

•••
Still, the human soul is mysterious.
An employee from Portugal is a nice girl, and physiognomically I will never say that she is capable of deceiving. I am sure that, apart from the usual salary, she has no benefit from these scams. Other employees are also unlikely to be born scammers. How does the management manage to make them all lie and dodge like a frying pan?

•••
Is anyone else literally hurting from all these changes and security breaches? My body is just going Ow! ty and i dont mean all the time, just when its computer related. lol.

Last edited:
•••

On September 12, they advertised for escrow services.
Isn't this a scam?
Maybe need a police report?
Is Epik actually licensed in any state to provide escrow services?

Normally escrow services are heavily regulated and you need to be registered in each state you do business, like Escrow.com is.

Here is the escrow agent search for Washington state, where Epik is located -
https://fortress.wa.gov/dfi/webapp/dfi/EFiling/CSLicenseLookUp/

When I search for "Epik" under company name it shows - "No Records Found"

However, Escrow.com is registered as an escrow agent in Washington, as well as every other state they operate.

Company NameInternet Escrow Services Inc
Trade NameEscrow.com
License Number540-EA-91143
License TypeEscrow Agent (Main)
Physical Address180 Montgomery St Ste 650 San Francisco, CA 94104
Main Phone Number1-949-635-3800
StatusCurrent - Licensed
Bonding Company InformationFidelity and Deposit Company of Maryland
Bonding Number9286116

Last edited:
•••

Normally escrow services are heavily regulated and you need to be registered in each state you do business, like Escrow.com is.

Brad

well yea so we hear but then u have to ask same of all other places... Dan
..gd...sedo....etc... do they all have those licenses or is really escrow.com the only one with the full folio of lawful needs for escrow

•••
hmm I didnt realize masterbucks was elsewhere than.epik.. then again I hardly ever had any.. dan has just made the whole add lead.process.so.easy... fast...cheap.. that I and most dont even bother to look elsewhere... unless that changes after dan to gd sale why would anyone bother with some masterbucks... usd is usd..
cash is cash...even btc is mega volatile.. and usdt not as stable or safe as most think... it can all blow any day and ain't damn thing u can do but cry...

•••

Here is the escrow agent search for Washington state, where Epik is located -
https://fortress.wa.gov/dfi/webapp/dfi/EFiling/CSLicenseLookUp/

When I search for "Epik" under company name it shows - "No Records Found"

However, Escrow.com is registered as an escrow agent in Washington, as well as every other state they operate.

Company NameInternet Escrow Services Inc
Trade NameEscrow.com
License Number540-EA-91143
License TypeEscrow Agent (Main)
Physical Address180 Montgomery St Ste 650 San Francisco, CA 94104
Main Phone Number1-949-635-3800
StatusCurrent - Licensed
Bonding Company InformationFidelity and Deposit Company of Maryland
Bonding Number9286116

I also noticed that on their escrow page (https://www.epik.com/services/escrow/) it says -

Restrictions

*This service is not available to residents of Idaho, Texas and Washington.

They don't even offer escrow services in their home state? I wonder why.

Brad

•••
I also noticed that on their escrow page (https://www.epik.com/services/escrow/) it says -

Restrictions

*This service is not available to residents of Idaho, Texas and Washington.

They don't even offer escrow services in their home state? I wonder why.

Brad
Probably because the guys there are good with weapons. Sedo also has no operations with Texas.

•••
hmm I didnt realize masterbucks was elsewhere than.epik..
Where else is Masterbucks other than Epik?

Brad

•••
Probably because the guys there are good with weapons. Sedo also has no operations with Texas.
It is very odd to not be able to provide services in your own state.

Brad

•••
Marketplaces do not need escrow license to operate as marketplaces. How about Amazon 3rd party sellers for example - we may purchase their products from Amazon, we send payments to Amazon, the seller ships an item (or Amazon ships an item on behalf of 3rd party seller), Amazon pays the seller. Nothing wrong here, and Amazon is not an escrow provider.

As far as I remember, the whole story with epik license began after escrow.com started sending complaints to all imaginable authorities, trying to shut all the competition down: Sedo, Epik etc. However, thank goodness, (almost) nothing happened: Sedo added an opportunity to process sales via U.S.-based lawyer (lawyers do not need a license to occasionally provide escrow services), such a service is still available somewhere on Sedo website but nobody needs or wants it, and Epik excluded a few states with especially strict escrow regulations.

Imo, the problem with epik is that they are still using "escrow" term in all legal and marketing documents, which is simply dangerous, not practical and not needed to operate a marketplace.

Last edited:
•••
Marketplaces do not need escrow license to operate as marketplaces. How about Amazon 3rd party sellers for example - we may purchase their products from Amazon, we send payments to Amazon, the seller ships an item (or Amazon ships an item on behalf of 3rd party seller), Amazon pays the seller. Nothing wrong here, and Amazon is not an escrow provider.

As far as I remember, the whole story with epik license began after escrow.com started sending complaints to all imaginable authorities, trying to shut all the competition down: Sedo, Epik etc. However, thank goodness, (almost) nothing happened: Sedo added an opportunity to process sales via U.S.-based lawyer (lawyers do not need a license to occasionally provide escrow services), such a service is still available somewhere on Sedo website but nobody needs or wants it, and Epik excluded a few states with especially strict escrow regulations.

Imo, the problem with epik is that they are still using "escrow" term in all legal and marketing documents, which is simply dangerous, not practical and not needed to operate a marketplace.

Yes, there is a difference between a marketplace and an escrow agent.

There is a reason the term is generally highly regulated by states.

I personally don't think companies without a valid license should be using the term in marketing and advertising.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
As a side note, as per masterbucks website (bottom part):

Copyright ©2022 Masterbucks is a service of Amplifyx Holding Limited, an Epik company

I'm wondering what Amplifyx Holding Limited is? A quick google search shows that there is a company in Europe (Ireland) with the same name. Little or no extra details...

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back