Dynadot

alert The fund can't be withdrawal from Epik.com via Masterbucks wallet

NameSilo
Watch

enamebroker

Top Member
Impact
It happened on 23rd Aug 2022 and this matter lasted almost one month without any process. Masterbucks.com declined my fund withdrawal and disabled the button of fund withdrawal. And I contacted Epik.com and got no further action even if Rob Monster got involved in it for two weeks. All the time I was told in email by management review.

What is wrong with Epik.com? Do you think it is normal to disable fund withdrawal? How can I get back my fund from Epik.com? Thanks for your suggestion.

Capture4.JPG

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Given that the DNProtect.com domain is now up for sale, and Bill claims not to have put it up for sale himself, only business partner Rob could legitimately have done so. If it hasn't been Rob, then my only conclusion is that the Epik company is simply putting domain names of customers with a running business for sale. In both cases it is incomprehensible to me, and if Epik has done this, certainly not as it should be. Would you consider this a form of theft?
Even if not theft, a domain being seen for sale - just being on offer even - could cause reputational damage and losses to a business if people believe it is selling its domain name - they might think it is in financial difficulties or shutting down.

Precisely this issue came up here when Enaming.com seemed to be offering domains for sale without the owner's knowledge - there is a whole thread on that here - an upset business owner, not a domainer, came here to complain about it.

•••
Given that the DNProtect.com domain is now up for sale, and Bill claims not to have put it up for sale himself, only business partner Rob could legitimately have done so. If it hasn't been Rob, then my only conclusion is that the Epik company is simply putting domain names of customers with a running business for sale. In both cases it is incomprehensible to me, and if Epik has done this, certainly not as it should be. Would you consider this a form of theft?
With Bill's expertise I'm sure he will get it back IF it is stolen... and I'm sure he will help people get their domains back if Epik has stolen them, he's a good guy...

•••
With Bill's expertise I'm sure he will get it back IF it is stolen... and I'm sure he will help people get their domains back if Epik has stolen them, he's a good guy...
Bill used to say "Don't host your domain name with the registrar." That rule appears to have been disregarded here, with unpleasant consequences.

•••
Bill used to say "Don't host your domain name with the registrar." That rule appears to have been disregarded here, with unpleasant consequences.
He also said, don't believe everything you read on the internet lol

•••
Decided to check in on the DN world and WOW, what a read.

I have just one question, who exactly now owns Epik? Bottom line, who is risking criminal charges here end of day?

Thank you

•••
How did you find this info? database from the hack?
yes, it’s out there. ‘intrust’ registrar database, logs_user_actions table.

•••
yes, it’s out there. ‘intrust’ registrar database, logs_user_actions table.
Awesome, keep us posted, ps isn't it possible that some logs were deleted? for example what if rob or anyone internally would steal a domain wouldn't he just edit that log part out or delete it etc.?

•••
If it was done outside the customer portal it didn't send an alert to the previous owner as far as I remember, but I remember there was also an option for that. I would just need to check the data leak to review the source code again and confirm it.

Ah, I need to explain a few more things to answer this one; Will do.

Show attachment 231211
How it worked is that as a user, you had an account at both Epik and Masterbucks.
Epik had access to an internal API of Masterbucks. This API allowed you do do purchases on Epik, or see your Masterbucks balance from the Epik checkout page for instance.

Both systems were separate but Masterbucks had a limited API in place to make them work together.
In this case, it didn't use the API though.
Masterbucks also had an admin, but they weren't the same admins.
A very limited amount of people had access to this one, compared to Epik's admin.
Only these people could have wiped out a user balance.
If it was done outside the customer portal it didn't send an alert to the previous owner as far as I remember, but I remember there was also an option for that. I would just need to check the data leak to review the source code again and confirm it.

Show attachment 231211
How it worked is that as a user, you had an account at both Epik and Masterbucks.
Epik had access to an internal API of Masterbucks. This API allowed you do do purchases on Epik, or see your Masterbucks balance from the Epik checkout page for instance.

Both systems were separate but Masterbucks had a limited API in place to make them work together.
A very limited amount of people had access to this one, compared to Epik's admin.

Show attachment 231211

Earlier you mentioned that Epik staff would use a "login" button to access a member's account information and that transaction is always recorded. Since this is a protection for all the members privacy, then why was it Epik's policy to ask for a members PIN number in emails sent to Epik's Customer Support. Could a current or former employee use that same PIN number at a later date and gain entry into a members account without it being noticed as a breach.

•••
Earlier you mentioned that Epik staff would use a "login" button to access a member's account information and that transaction is always recorded. Since this is a protection for all the members privacy, then why was it Epik's policy to ask for a members PIN number in emails sent to Epik's Customer Support. Could a current or former employee use that same PIN number at a later date and gain entry into a members account without it being noticed as a breach.
I belive the PIN changes periodically although what the frequency of change is I don't know.
I would guess the purpose of that PIN is to determine whether or not the customer is the account holder and not for the CS rep to gain access as they were/are able to access accounts regardless.

•••
then why was it Epik's policy to ask for a members PIN number in emails sent to Epik's Customer Support. Could a current or former employee use that same PIN number at a later date and gain entry into a members account without it being noticed as a breach.
The PIN allowed us to verify you were who you claimed you were.
(And also to find your account back more easily. We could search users and filter them by PIN instead of just having your email or name, username..)
Anyone with access to the user list could see the PIN, extracting them wouldn't be really useful.

I belive the PIN changes periodically although what the frequency of change is I don't know.
Users could edit it themselves, I don't think they were updated by the system very frequently if at all.. (unless after the breach, they were most likely updated)

•••
Hard to follow what this thread is about, but has anyone got paid out from this Masterbucks, I have funds sat there for two weeks saying "Pending" I tried calling but no answer, is this a legit business or just some russian way to defraud people? Like how long is it supposed to be "pending" for?

It's an US scam at this point, but yeah, the russians are to blame. ffs.

•••
Decided to check in on the DN world and WOW, what a read.

I have just one question, who exactly now owns Epik? Bottom line, who is risking criminal charges here end of day?

Thank you
Earlier, at the time of the mass shootings controversy, we were told Rob Monster owned 80%. Recently a 70% figure has been quoted - can anyone find a documented source, and tell us who owns the other 20-30% of Epik?

•••
There is still an offer of eternal domains on the Epik website

https://registrar.epik.com/domain-transfer

Own Your Domains Forever​

The platform that helps you build your business

Tired of annual renewals? Ever worry that you might have forgotten to renew an important domain? Save time, save money and skip the stress by registering your domains at Epik. Forever.

•••
•••
Would you consider this a form of theft?

Depends. I'm almost certain Rob owned the domain, not Bill.

There should be a thread on nP regarding brand suggestions for the to be released service and the domain acquisition from a nP member.

Correct me if I'm wrong @bhartzer

Last edited:
•••
But... in the AMA thread Bill thought that it was Epik (Brian?) who had disabled the site and put the domain up for sale, not Rob. Well, it's all Rob in the end. The LLC has been dissolved anyway.

Last edited:
•••
The LLC has been dissolved anyway.
LLC for Epik or DNProtect?

I've noticed phone number changes and an address change for Epik. I'm assuming the current physical location/offices may be relocating. For some reason, in the back of my mind, I thought Epik might have owned all or part of the primary location.

•••
LLC for Epik or DNProtect?
DNProtect, end of last year. So maybe it's no coincidence that the site was discontinued. Bill should know about this, he was the director.
Screenshot_20230131-145440.jpg

Last edited:
•••
•••

There should be a thread on nP regarding brand suggestions for the to be released service and the domain acquisition from a nP member.

Correct me if I'm wrong @bhartzer
Yeah, I think Rob owned the domain. And I think one of the issues here is co-mingling. We know they co-mingled funds instead of keeping MB separate, and I would be certain Rob was co-mingling domains as well. I.e. it seems that there is often confusion as to whether Rob owned a domain (or one of Epik's businesses, Lab projects, etc), or whether Epik owned it. I suspect no-one really knows for sure, though it seems likely that Epik funds were used. In any case, we know that Brian has removed Rob's access to his email account, and I dare say he has seized control of any domains that Rob either controlled, or thought he owned.

So I reckon Brian is the one who has put the DNProtect domain up for sale, regardless of who may or may not have owned the service. Since it was a domain that Rob used to own/control I'd say Brian sees it as an Epik asset that can be used to try and keep the ship afloat (I was going to say 'to try and pay MB debts', but we know that's not happening...)

My gut-feel is that Bill has been caught in this mess like everyone else, and it's not of his making. My suspicion is that he can say very little (hence his brief and sometimes incomplete answers to questions) as he is likely seeking recompense (maybe negotiating with Rob/Brian, or quite possibly working through legal avenues), and thus doesn't want to potentially jeopardize a favorable outcome.

•••
My suspicion is that he can say very little
Possibly. If that's the case, it's better not to interact with members at all. Because in this way, trust also seems to crumble. Don't lawyers usually recommend this?

Last edited:
•••
Possibly. If that's the case, it's better not to interact with members at all. Because in this way, trust also seems to crumble. Don't lawyers usually recommend this?
It can be hard to stay quiet. I'm pretty sure people would be jumping on Bill if he said nothing, so he's saying a little. It doesn't help him much either way. I suspect we'll find out a lot more in due course, but it could be a while away. In the meantime, as far as I can see, he's good at what he does, so hopefully he can get through this mess ok if he's another innocent victim of the Epik chaos.

•••
It can be hard to stay quiet. I'm pretty sure people would be jumping on Bill if he said nothing, so he's saying a little.
Agree. Looking back, the timing of the AMA thread was a bit unfortunate. At the time, it may not have been known that the company would end so abruptly, shortly after.

Last edited:
•••
I don't think this DN Protect situation is all that complicated. Bill and Monster co-owned it 50-50. It had nothing to do with Epik. It really doesn't matter if the domain was in Monster's account, it wasn't his do with as be pleased, and it certainly isn't Royce's to sell. Bill has stated publicly that he did not approve and wasn't even informed of the shutting down of his website or the selling of his domain.

Royce has obviously taken it upon himself to shut down the site and sell the domain, since we know Monster can't do either at this time. Only unknown is if Monster told Royce it was his and fine to sell or Royce just did it entirely on his own with no concern of actual ownership. Either way Bill should be compensated.

•••
I don't think this DN Protect situation is all that complicated. Bill and Monster co-owned it 50-50. It had nothing to do with Epik.
Are you aware of more constructions like DNProtect (Rob for 50% shareholder) for other "Epik" services? With a separate LLC and a different director than Rob, that is.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back