IT.COM

The "Fanciest" Name/Title For a Domainer?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

deez007

The More I Learn The Less I "Know"Top Member
Impact
Hey Folks

This morning whilst sitting on the "throne" I recalled an incident that occurred not so long ago. I figured it would be an interesting thread to start here on the forum to see what ideas you guys could come up with.. :)

Okay let me set the scene:

About 2 months ago I was at a dinner party and was mingling with the crowd (most of whom I already knew) but there were a good few new faces. I noticed a really really attractive women chatting to some people I knew so off course I headed over and introduced myself and got chatting not long after that some other idiot I never seen before joins our group. He was loud, annoying and obviously trying to get her attention. Anyway he told us he was Platinum Private Banker or something like that... then asked me what I did, I tried to think of a fancy name for a domainer or internet marketing but under pressure I just couldn't think...so I just said I'm in marketing....sounded very plain vanilla compared to Platinum private banker... lol.. so that got me wondering...

Whats the most fanciest or important sounding title you could think of for a Domainer? :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@doubleU Thanks mate. it looks awesome.

3463835f5d9a4a668040658af5770b9c.png
:ROFL: loving it!

•••
•••
I can't come up with a title but I have a nice description of my 'job' for those who want to know..

"I sit at home and make more than my Data Scientist brother" :xf.grin:

•••
•••
Lol....some really funny ones here.

In December I bumped into an ex GF...she was asking loads of questions and I could tell she was just waiting for me to drop the "we should hang out" line on her Obviously, I didn't...she was a bit of psycho...lol ...anyway she asked me "where are you working these day?"....without even thinking I blurted out... "I don't really work anymore, I pay other people to work for me". ...hahhaha... her eyes almost popped out of her head......she was like ..."WOW, what do you mean?".....I replied, "well, long story.....I'm running a bit late so I gotta shoot now, was good seeing...keep well and take care" and I got the hell outta there : ) .... since then she has been texting me constantly trying to strike up a convo... lol.

•••
•••
There can be many such as website brokers or internet real estate agents or the website god :p

•••
The best two for credibility / resume / Linkedin purposes:

Branding Expert
Domain Broker

That said, I've never actually called myself either and will just throw in with all my other entrepreneurial activities that I'm also a domainer, and then explain that I buy and sell domains for profit. :)

•••
Branding / Domain Virtuoso (the man, the bee's knees)

Domain investor. Simple, to the point. I wouldn't bother getting too fancy. For example, I think its dumb when people say they're a CEO (the kind of title someone would use if they're the head of a multinational / large business), yet probably only one person in the business, at the core of it. Keep it simple like I said, don't look like an imbecile. There is enough credibility in "domain investor" or similar IMO

Last edited:
•••
Cyber Property Agent, the .com is available ;)

@deez007 her panties will drop as soon as you mention this !

I say that I buy and sell domain names.

If that's not fancy enough for any money digger or guy with a big ego, I couldn't care less.

What about 'Word traveler'? Then you might get a hippie chic home?
Women’s panties don’t drop at the sound of a job title and word traveller certainly wouldn’t ‘get a hippy chick home’. This is not how women work, 😂

I have called myself a domainer a couple of times, but as I make websites as well, then I would probably say I’m into virtual real estate, if I wanted a conversation. If I wanted to shut down a conversation and sound rich, then I’d pick private investor.

•••
Women’s panties don’t drop at the sound of a job title and word traveller certainly wouldn’t ‘get a hippy chick home’. This is not how women work, 😂

I have called myself a domainer a couple of times, but as I make websites as well, then I would probably say I’m into virtual real estate, if I wanted a conversation. If I wanted to shut down a conversation and sound rich, then I’d pick private investor.
I like virtual real estate agent as well. Or virtual realtor

•••
Domain King?

No .... wait ....

•••
"Le Domainoire" sounds fancy

I just say I'm a digital/online investor or invest in online assets, most people who are not familiar with the domain name industry don't understand if I talk about domain name investments.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
I help people's dreams come true...Sweet dreams are made by me!!!

Last edited:
•••
Domain Name Investor...

"...and, where do you live?"

"Flat Broke" LOL

•••
Well, I make money online. 🪤💰

Mostly, when I am sleeping. 😴💤

You could be in same bed. 🎯 (I mean.. you can easily replicate it - just a few private lessons.) 🔥

Last edited:
•••
I just say that I am an investor or a portfolio manager. It's up to them if they want to dig any deeper than that. If they don't, it simply adds an air of mystery around me, which I am fine with.

Last edited:
•••
I usually go with Software Engineer, because that's what I am.

However, if I have to go with something related to domain names,
then perhaps I'd feel fancy saying I'm a Brand Engineer :xf.cool:

•••
When I m asked i say this.
I m Dosquat in the Dosquatting industry, we grab domains that are free to take at reg fee, because Registry with their Dosquatters friends at Namebright are too stupid to reg them.

Last edited:
•••
I'm the Domain Whisperer,

Wizard of Dropped Kingdoms.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back