IT.COM

The Everyone's Welcome Thread (even Canadians, SEO experts, and oldies..you get the idea).

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I thought I'd start a new break room thread. The great thing about this thread is you can say whatever the heck you want (except adult) and it's ON TOPIC.

All you have to do is post whatever is in your head when you are here. Simple.

Here are some acronyms we like to use:

YPSBT Your Post Sucks Big Time
YPITDB Your post is the dog's bollox
LPOD - Last Post of Day
FPOD - First....
SPOD - Second.
FPOTWN - Funny Post of the Week Nominee

Featured Friends
Johname - he doesn't have a cool nickname except johname. He is a legend. He is our local animation expect.
DU/Grace Delete aka __ aka Rickey (due to propensity to retire).
Iowa - Your source of gas prices, bacon futures, and stuff.
JBLions - Will teach you about mattress purchasing, beer, and how to remove birds from cages
Briguy Debartolo - More NP$ than everyone
Mis_Chiff - Fellow Canadian of Bri - she's a wild one
Lennco - He is lennco
Enlytend - I still read this enly--tend Adwords guru!
Verbster - The Alaskan Fisherman who hunts Right Wingers and Shoots Sh*t in more than one place
BaseballWorld - Muscle #2 (after JB)
David Walker - Semper Fi
Forge - Don't ask about this avatar
GILSAN - He posts photos. Cool ones. He also worships CR7 (if you don' t know who that is? you are advised to learn before engaging him in conversation)
JDAB - He has hot women on his new bed... but he worked hard for them
Rogue - Called Rouge more often than the movie Moulin Rouge
Cyberian - He goes by Cy. He's older than the forum. Likes the lakers and pops in sometimes to offer support and counselling.
NS - He doesn't look like the cartoons. He's an enigma. His avatar is usually hot.

SPECIAL SPECIAL GUESTS
Blobfish and girlfriend.

Grace Delete / DefaultUser / WorldsWorstDomainer will personally thank EVERY SINGLE post in this thread UNTIL someone says something about post count and gets too obsessed about reputations and starts gaming the system etc.

^ That has happened so no more ...was fun while it lasted.

Johname will personally LIKE every post in this thread until he doesn't

No racist, sexist, homophobic material that woudnt be acceptable in the 70s please.
We are ok with boobs and we are ok with men with abs (or whatever it is that makes them attractive). Ogling is healthy. Violence, not accepting that it is shallow and non-meaninful judge of people etc. is not. The most important virtue of this thread is respect for all.

Here are some topics that this thread has had:

333491.jpg

cars+and+girls2.jpg

formula-1-cars.jpg

a-lot-of-dogs.jpg

The following subjects are
BANNED

1383930930_kim-kardashian-560.jpg

So Kardashian related material is not allowed - even gratuitous boobs or bums because no one wants to see or hear about them.
your-political-views-democrat-republican-politics-obama-libe-demotivational-poster-1241176580.jpg

POLITICS OF ANY KIND IS A NO NO.
Especially if it is demeaning to the liberal elite or the conservative morons.

I suppose Anarchy is ok
515D1rdNkVL._SY355_.jpg

I AM PERSONALLY UNDECIDED ON SOME POLITICS so things like the below?
I think the crowd should decide.

ron-paul-boobs-2.JPG

We are also lady and animal friendly

tumblr_mko6femEhn1s77zr6o1_1280.png

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
So do you still play? That song was huge during my HS years. Great album. I have a favorite which is obscure a line progression I am pretty sure Joe didn't play the solo on. The swing groove in this song and the harp tone I love it.

"Play" as on the guitar? If so...had to put down the guitar...1st finger "locks up" ...believe it was all those "smashes" with a hammer....lost my thumb nall a few times also..

Still I had the urge, can learn to use a "slide" and or tune my guitar to a "E" chord (or another key)..

Thanks for turning my onto that song!

•••
Speaking of guitar, there was one time I wanted to do that for a living, around 10 years old. Just as a backup in case my predicting NFL games didn't work out. Anytime we would travel in Europe, would always see people outside playing music with their case open, looked like they were making good money. Wanted to do that. Got a guitar on a trip to Mexico, cost $15 and nice guitar case. Went back to Germany, signed up for lessons. Guy said he could never tune my guitar, said it sucked. It was true, cheap ass guitar. I did learn 1 song, House of the Rising Sun. Class was everybody from beginners to more experienced. So just stopped after that, onto other things.

Last edited:
•••
Speaking of guitar, there was one time I wanted to do that for a living, around 10 years old. Just as a backup in case my predicting NFL games didn't work out. Anytime we would travel in Europe, would always see people outside playing music with their case open, looked like they were making good money. Wanted to do that. Got a guitar on a trip to Mexico, cost $15 and nice guitar case. Went back to Germany, signed up for lessons. Guy said he could never tune my guitar, said it sucked. It was true, cheap ass guitar. I did learn 1 song, House of the Rising Sun. Class was everybody from beginners to more experienced. So just stopped after that, onto other things.

"House of the rising sun"....makes me wonder if there was a equivalent in Germany...lol (don't answer....I know that Europe more of a "liberal" (not used in a political way) continent than North America!

•••
Then he said, yeah, I think she would like you, she's 17 and has her own apartment on the Hauptstrasse.

Fate is weird. Independent in her own apt at 17 ? I didn't know that was common there. Never made it to Berlin, Hamburg or Heidelberg and wanted to a few years ago, also the Disney Castle with the long name south of Munich near the Swiss border... maybe when I go back I should- only before in Koln, Frankfurt, Karlsruhe, Munich for Oktoberfest, Augsberg. Exchange rate is up again though. You lived there, not sure what you thought about the lack of joking and smiles it isn't CA that's for sure. Only real smiles were at Oktoberfest- which was incredible that event.

Did you travel back later and go around the country?
The trains are great, awesome really all over EU.

•••
"House of the rising sun"....makes me wonder if there was a equivalent in Germany...lol (don't answer....I know that Europe more of a "liberal" (not used in a political way) continent than North America!

I wish I owned the LLL.com you refer to just for grins. ha.

•••
I am not brave enough to say this at my house (I like home cooking lol)..
Toilet_seat_humor_(myway2fortune.info).jpg

•••

Oh yes, you said don't answer but a few I remember.......

There was this building near the entrance of the main shopping center, PX, commissary etc, that was known for prostitution.

Topless women at the river, not a big deal. We had the Rhein-Neckar flowing right thru the city, see earlier video I posted of Senior prank, them getting soaked with water. I think we still have VHS tape of my German cousin Ulf filming it.

My mom's good friend, we went to visit. Their 10 year old was reading an adult magazine, parents were ok with it. Even shocked me. Nudity in TV Guide, wasn't a big deal.

So yep, much more liberal/free. But Germany is great, could easily live there again.

I did watch a recent documentary, which was actually pretty sad, about prostitution houses in Germany and people trying to shut them down. Supposed to be safe place to work, can't have a pimp. The places wouldn't even talk to women from Romania, apparently it's real bad. Lot of issues. Just people praying on women from poor, mainly Eastern European countries.

Last edited:
•••
Pop Quiz - which word below is written in the color TEAL?

b3oz58cciaanvvh.jpg

•••
Fate is weird. Independent in her own apt at 17 ? I didn't know that was common there. Never made it to Berlin, Hamburg or Heidelberg and wanted to a few years ago, also the Disney Castle with the long name south of Munich near the Swiss border... maybe when I go back I should- only before in Koln, Frankfurt, Karlsruhe, Munich for Oktoberfest, Augsberg. Exchange rate is up again though. You lived there, not sure what you thought about the lack of joking and smiles it isn't CA that's for sure. Only real smiles were at Oktoberfest- which was incredible that event.

Did you travel back later and go around the country?
The trains are great, awesome really all over EU.

When I lived there as a kid, travelled all over Europe. Great part about Germany, it's so close to other countries. One Summer, woke up and had breakfast in Germany, lunch in Italy, dinner at 10PM in Barcelona Spain. 3 countries, different languages, cultures etc, just in 1 day. Here in the US, can drive all day, just wind up in another state.

Did go back twice in my 20's. Once for my grandmothers funeral. Another time with my mother to visit. Still could use some of the benefits since I was going to school full time. My cousin Ulf and I took a trip to Paris that one time I was there. $199 for a 3 night/2 day stay in Paris. After 9/11, I heard they tightened that stuff up. Because my cousin even tho he was German, could get that $199 ticket, thru some American place.

'Independent in her own apt at 17 ? I didn't know that was common there."

I think so, my mother was telling me about he maturity. You mentioned trains, they let me get on trains when I was in middle school to go to some other city to see concerts, like the Monsters of Rock. Let me go to Majorca Spain in 10th grade for Spring Break. I don't have kids, but I don't know if I would let my kids do that. But, I'm pretty independent myself.

Heidelberg is awesome, was born there, lived there 3 different times. I think my dad had some pull on where he was stationed or something. Sometimes I do check this German app and check out some properties along the river. I better start selling some more domains.

Old Paris post - https://www.namepros.com/threads/th...ou-get-the-idea.761952/page-1325#post-5070410

Last edited:
•••
Guy said he could never tune my guitar, said it sucked. It was true, cheap ass guitar. I did learn 1 song, House of the Rising Sun. Class was everybody from beginners to more experienced. So just stopped after that, onto other things.

It's the best hobby if you are self employed, since you can pick it up and set it down, unlike so many other hobbies that require lots of preparation. The only thing is it's frustrating to me the muscle memory thing. I spent the last year glued to this screen on domaining 12+ hours, and just picked it back up. Not like riding a bike at all. One thing about it though is it is a hobby that you can do your entire life as long as you don't get arthritis.

It's really cool to blast a 100 watt Marshall with simple power chords even if you don't know much, something I used to do when I had a small industrial unit warehouse. Go in after everyone has gone home and crank it up. I played bass for 8 years in bands as a kid, but picked up guitar in mid life. You can buy a decent Ibanez and small amp for less than $1000. now. Get the action set up and you are in business. Turn on youtube lessons and no need to have an instructor. It's great with the internet videos.

Amazing price wise too if I take and figure out what I paid back in mid 70's versus today and the CNC quality of mass produced guitars. It's cool for anyone now. Youtube is incredible, that never existed before. Tapes on VHS were expensive. All songs are transcribed now, mostly correctly, song books were shit in the 80's even some of them. Open tunings were never before explained in books really or lessons and people tried to play Stones songs in normal tuning (It doesn't work) I have done all that stuff in the 90's had a home studio, effects, digital recording interface, software, roland synth sound modules, on a Pentium, etc. Used to transcribe solos note for note waiting for my business phone to ring. Guitar Pro is great for learning too as transcribed songs can be slowed to any speed and you can loop sections over and over easily.

•••
•••
Falcons got another receiver, Ridley from Alabama, they're saying he's kind of like Julio Jones:

All positive, uh oh we might light the NFL up

https://twitter.com/search?q="Calvin Ridley"&src=tren&lang=en

Other teams seem nervous, Panthers, Saints:

Falcons just grabbed Calvin Ridley. This is why I wanted secondary first two rounds. Yes WR is a huge need but my goodness how are we going to guard Julio and Ridley with Ryan throwing to them. Not to mention they have Freeman/Coleman/Hooper
PanthersGlobal‏ @panthersglobal 1h1 hour ago

The Falcons get Calvin Ridley. There's no sugar coating this, our CBs are going to have to step up. Love or hate the Falcons, Julio Jones and Ridley is no joke.
AllSaintsConsidered.com‏ @AllSaintsBlog 2h2 hours ago

Even Dez likes him:
If cowboys go wide receiver... Calvin Ridley
Dez Bryant‏Verified account @DezBryant 4h4 hours ago

When Julio Jones meets Calvin Ridley on the first day of minicamp

DbwfNINX4AA5CuH.jpg

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
It's IE. Simply sucks with NP. Chrome, pages load great. All the music vids take my browser back to dial-up.

•••
Okay, shortly off to my oncologist.
Thinking positively, he will be pleased with my progress and tell me I am good and the cancer is going away.

•••
We will talk Sharks after the next feeding

•••
•••
JN - It's the tag line - it had a negative intention about the day we were enemies.

Fins of Teal Seal the Deal
Beware the Fins of Teal
Fear the Fins of Teal
Fins of Teal Wins with Zeal
Knights will Kneel beneath Fins of Teal

Maybe someone should make a life size Martin Jones out of sushi

ps This was the lamest intro ever. Was totally hoping for a medieval shark or some measure of creativity. Vegas deserves to lose just for this

pps @briguy - the official "teal" is
# 006E7F - rgb(0, 110, 127)
http://www.codeofcolors.com/san-jose-sharks-colors.html

stupid formatting

Last edited:
•••
@briguy[/USER] - the official "teal" is
#006E7F - rgb(0, 110, 127)​
http://www.codeofcolors.com/san-jose-sharks-colors.html
Interesting.... https://www.namepros.com/tags/006e7f/

Okay...it is a "trademark" color/colour like a ford blue etc!

p.s @HotKey (and other Canadians), when you see this from me "color/colour" , "Favorite/favourite" etc.. it is (a) Translation from American to Canadian
(b) also a great way for me not to lose my ability to write in Canadian
lol...
#color/colour

•••
•••
Interesting.... https://www.namepros.com/tags/006e7f/

Okay...it is a "trademark" color/colour like a ford blue etc!

p.s @HotKey (and other Canadians), when you see this from me "color/colour" , "Favorite/favourite" etc.. it is (a) Translation from American to Canadian
(b) also a great way for me not to lose my ability to write in Canadian
lol...
#color/colour

didn't seem to work with #color/colour "slash" must "detag it"

speaking of slash

Great showman with excellent guitarist(s) kind of like VanHalen...

•••
•••
"Play" as on the guitar? If so...had to put down the guitar...1st finger "locks up" ...believe it was all those "smashes" with a hammer....lost my thumb nall a few times also..

Still I had the urge, can learn to use a "slide" and or tune my guitar to a "E" chord (or another key)..

Thanks for turning my onto that song!

Too bad, its a great hobby. I knew a drummer who ended in his early 20’s as has nerve damage due to using a jackhammer for work. Sucks.

Along with the song that were hits, I have latched on to a few here and there. Music was always the center of my universe until a few years ago. Slide on open tuning as long as the action is adjusted abit higher. I love slide but suck at playing it. Spent scattered amounts on practicing too many things never focused. Lots of fingerstyle, alternate speed picking, sweep picking, hybrid, flamenco rasquedos, etc. I wish I could play as well as I know in my brain about ear training, pitch increment recognition, styles of playing, techniques, music theory and so forth. Though not Jazz level training, just Rock.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back