NameSilo

The Everyone's Welcome Thread (even Canadians, SEO experts, and oldies..you get the idea).

Located in The Break Room, started by DU, Jun 27, 2012

Replies:
Views:

1. SirDrago

SirDrago NAME JEDI VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Drakkar Noir - Guy Laroche

One of my all time favorites.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. JB Lions

JB Lions Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Yep, considered a classic and affordable. That one I bought the medium sized bottle. Most of the other 100+ were $2-$4 vials, then about 20 travel sprays, which were about $15 or so from - https://www.fragrancenet.com/ni/boutiques/travel-spray?f=1f!6R

I think I got about 90% of the ones I wanted to try, some other ones are never discounted or put in travel sprays or vials like the Chanel ones. I want to try them first before getting the regular bottles.

One I'm wearing today, Pure Havane, good shit, will be one of the ones I buy - https://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Mugler/A-Men-Pure-Havane-11444.html

Last edited: May 21, 2020
  3. johname

johname Planet Futbol VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Can you find the reveal?

4. johname

5. TestCase

TestCase Note: Doesn't play well with others. VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

I'm never going to picture you the same way again JB.

From now on, this is what will be playing in the back of my head when I read your posts,

6. JB Lions

I'm new to it, never really wore cologne in my life. Had some cheap Adidas I got at a grocery store and I think I owned some CK-One back in high school, or that could have been my brother. So 2 in my life until I watched some video on it. Then I got sucked into it and made spreadsheets of the best, made spreadsheets keeping track of all the ones I purchased. Had different columns with scores from Frangrantica, Basenotes, merchants like Fragrancenet.com, Perfume.com, FrangranceX etc. So kind of like a Metacritic or RottenTomatoes.

This guy has the best channel, really knows his stuff - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9IImcLkUdmURWtQhxu8VwQ/videos

Yesterday was Pure Havane, today I'm wearing Pure Malt, a boozy scent - https://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Mugler/A-Men-Pure-Malt-6103.html

So far, they're late. Supposed to be 4-5, it's almost 6. Says they're getting my order ready. 1 item out of 9 out of stock.

7. TestCase

TestCase Note: Doesn't play well with others. VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

I stopped wearing cologne once I had my first real job. Back then everyone wore cologne like they wanted you to know they would be there soon - you could smell them coming a mile away. I didn't want to be one of those guys. Once it subsided, not wearing cologne was already a habit so I've only occasionally used any.

Anyway, the Lady TC says I smell good all under as it is! Far be it from me to question her knowledge and wisdom.

Yep! The folks I know that use Amazon Fresh tell me that they usually get about half of what they order at best. Those that use Walmart say they usually get 80-90%.

8. iowadawg

iowadawg Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Same here with cologne and aftershave.
    First wife told me to stop it, as she did not do perfume.
    And most men I found out over time also did not do cologne/aftershave.
    So who in the hell is buying all that old spice?

Nobody here uses amazon or wally world for groceries.
    Probably because we are so close to so many grocery stores.
    And they all deliver.
    And easier to go to wally world than go online.

People here do use amazon since their prime truck comes here 7 days a week.

9. iowadawg

10. JB Lions

I've had good luck with them. I've done many orders over last couple of months, got 100% of what I ordered, always on time. They have a 2 hour delivery window, hit it every time. I think I did a Whole Foods order thru them and something became out of stock after I ordered. Amazon needs to do a little cleanup, they have:

Regular Amazon
    Amazon Pantry
    Amazon Prime Now
    Amazon Fresh
    Whole Foods thru Amazon

Prime Now and Fresh are pretty much the same thing. Same price, same out of stocks. Prime Now, Fresh, Whole Foods can pick 2 hour window for delivery. Pantry takes days/week. I think they can do away with that.
    -----------
    The Walmart order was supposed to come between 4-5, came at 6:30, not a big deal. 1 out of stock out of 9 items ordered, package of 12 angus burgers. So another option, seems to be cheaper than Amazon overall. With Amazon, I wait till I have $35 worth of product to get free shipping.

----------
    As far as cologne, touching on smelling people a mile away. I always thought they put that much cologne on because they probably stink or don't bathe, something like that. So I've always been a Zestfully clean type of person, always worked for me.

--------
    Damn, I have done 77 orders this year at Amazon. 132 last year.

Also, did Prime Wardrobe - https://www.amazon.com/b/ref=tbyb_dp_ilm_shoppw?node=14807110011

It's too easy nowadays.

Last edited: May 22, 2020
  11. iowadawg

Hey you all.....
    It's FRIDAY....
    [​IMG]

12. iowadawg

13. JB Lions

It's also now officially Spring (in this thread) even tho it started in March:

Today, it's Spicebomb - https://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Viktor-Rolf/Spicebomb-13857.html

Warm spicy, cinnamon, tobacco, sweet, soft spicy, leather, pink pepper, saffron, paprika, vetiver, bergamot, grapefruit.

When I first heard the name, I thought I would hate it, didn't want to smell like a bunch of spices, but it's really good

Last edited: May 22, 2020
  14. johname

A good LA car chase to feel normal again (happen yesterday)

I thanked Keith's so long posts because he has always been a good guy to me.

Last edited: May 23, 2020
  15. JB Lions

I posted this pic earlier in the thread, I didn't think it was actually real but it is:

Tippi Hedren, 90, still lives with '13 or 14 lions and tigers,' granddaughter Dakota Johnson reveals
    https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/tippi-hedren-lives-13-14-lions-tigers-dakota-johnson-reveals

"Actress and activist Tippi Hedren in the kitchen of her home in Acton, California in 1994. Tippi was on the phone as a tiger named Zoe jumped through the kitchen window. (Getty)"

[​IMG]

Keeping on the animal theme. I guess when you encounter a bear, just scream at it a lot, will make it go away:

16. Cannuck

Cannuck 420friendly.company VIP

Just wow! That's an imprssive list. I keep mostly scent free, except for the occasinal citronella used to keep the bugs off. In fact, I've developed my own line of earth friendly cleaning products.

17. iowadawg

18. iowadawg

19. iowadawg

20. iowadawg

21. iowadawg

22. iowadawg

23. iowadawg

24. iowadawg

25. iowadawg

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice