NameSilo

The Everyone's Welcome Thread (even Canadians, SEO experts, and oldies..you get the idea).

Located in The Break Room started by DU, Jun 27, 2012.

Replies:
Views:

1. iowadawg

iowadawg WHO CARES? VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. iowadawg

3. iowadawg

4. enlytend

enlytend Moderator, NamePros Moderator Gold Account VIP Trusted Blogger ★★★★★★★★★★

Funny - back when I was "corporate" I used to use phrases like that in meetings to be professional and avoid offending the easily offended - lol!
    When the only other colleagues in the discussion were fluent in profanity (and there were many), then "when in Rome" ...
    Actually, I still do that. I don't swear in front of clients or business associates and never would unless it's their preferred mode of communication.

5. GILSAN

GILSAN Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

6. briguy

briguy Guru In Remission! VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

I recently told a buddy of mine, "if he dropped the "f" bomb from his talk, he would it down from two minutes to one"....(every second word is "f" related (f-ing, f-er, f-ed up, etc))...his response was "I f-ing think about it"...lol

7. RogueWriter

RogueWriter Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

So I ask why the what’s wrong with Epik thread is allowed to talk about everything Except an actual review of the Epik site, and instead of moderating a thread that is clearly off the rails, the moderators lecture me about not being critical of namepros and delete my post in the thread.

I’m done with this place, moderators jump all over me, but ignore my question, and Rob and pals can post religious diatribes to their hearts content in a section clearly designated for ‘reviews’.

Double standard if they like you I guess.

Goodbye.

8. HotKey

HotKey Made in Canada VIP

Damn.

Take a break for a while at least, first. Some threads it's better to stay out of, lest they test one's resolve. One reason I will never participate in Politico thread, as appetizing as it seems. Least on NP, we can choose our battles..

9. enlytend

enlytend Moderator, NamePros Moderator Gold Account VIP Trusted Blogger ★★★★★★★★★★

Lol - when I was working in tech for a Fortune 5k brokerage (which shall remain nameless) for a while I sat in a cube next to a guy like that. When I was bored I’d count how many fbombs he could drop in a minute when he was on the phone.

10. briguy

That always confused me..guy probably made the big bucks and yet (to me) dropping the "f" bomb is unproffessional, at least that was how I was raised and any of my employers instilled in me.
    I only use it in extreme anger..

~~~~~~

Astronaut-himor_(420Gangsta.ca).jpg

11. iowadawg

So just a few minutes ago, found out why my oncologist never called me.
    I got a text from the office and while checking, found out I was one digit off on my phone number.
    Fixed it and now we are on speaking terms....
    Appt. this thursday at 940am....

12. enlytend

Unprofessional it is. You’d be surprised at the lack of professionalism and class hiding behind pricey 3 piece suits in corporate America. Or maybe not.

My manager once made a visit to the NYC office and a broker threw a keyboard at him because the network was slow. (He wasn’t even the one in charge of networking.)

I may have had an occasional foul outburst when I was on call and got stuck dealing with some hardware or software catastrophe...

13. iowadawg

14. iowadawg

15. iowadawg

16. iowadawg

17. iowadawg

18. iowadawg

19. iowadawg

20. iowadawg

21. GILSAN

22. GILSAN

23. briguy

@GILSAN still waiting for your "feeling high" selfie .not getting high selfie but if you decide too, never mind the selfie, do a video..

24. GILSAN

Here you go... Picture taken last month, feeling high up on the 2nd highest peak in the island with my beautiful wife Leonor and my son Bernardo... My daughter Raquel was somewhere else that day!
    upload_2019-8-29_4-28-58.png

25. iowadawg

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice