IT.COM

The Everyone's Welcome Thread (even Canadians, SEO experts, and oldies..you get the idea).

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I thought I'd start a new break room thread. The great thing about this thread is you can say whatever the heck you want (except adult) and it's ON TOPIC.

All you have to do is post whatever is in your head when you are here. Simple.

Here are some acronyms we like to use:

YPSBT Your Post Sucks Big Time
YPITDB Your post is the dog's bollox
LPOD - Last Post of Day
FPOD - First....
SPOD - Second.
FPOTWN - Funny Post of the Week Nominee

Featured Friends
Johname - he doesn't have a cool nickname except johname. He is a legend. He is our local animation expect.
DU/Grace Delete aka __ aka Rickey (due to propensity to retire).
Iowa - Your source of gas prices, bacon futures, and stuff.
JBLions - Will teach you about mattress purchasing, beer, and how to remove birds from cages
Briguy Debartolo - More NP$ than everyone
Mis_Chiff - Fellow Canadian of Bri - she's a wild one
Lennco - He is lennco
Enlytend - I still read this enly--tend Adwords guru!
Verbster - The Alaskan Fisherman who hunts Right Wingers and Shoots Sh*t in more than one place
BaseballWorld - Muscle #2 (after JB)
David Walker - Semper Fi
Forge - Don't ask about this avatar
GILSAN - He posts photos. Cool ones. He also worships CR7 (if you don' t know who that is? you are advised to learn before engaging him in conversation)
JDAB - He has hot women on his new bed... but he worked hard for them
Rogue - Called Rouge more often than the movie Moulin Rouge
Cyberian - He goes by Cy. He's older than the forum. Likes the lakers and pops in sometimes to offer support and counselling.
NS - He doesn't look like the cartoons. He's an enigma. His avatar is usually hot.

SPECIAL SPECIAL GUESTS
Blobfish and girlfriend.

Grace Delete / DefaultUser / WorldsWorstDomainer will personally thank EVERY SINGLE post in this thread UNTIL someone says something about post count and gets too obsessed about reputations and starts gaming the system etc.

^ That has happened so no more ...was fun while it lasted.

Johname will personally LIKE every post in this thread until he doesn't

No racist, sexist, homophobic material that woudnt be acceptable in the 70s please.
We are ok with boobs and we are ok with men with abs (or whatever it is that makes them attractive). Ogling is healthy. Violence, not accepting that it is shallow and non-meaninful judge of people etc. is not. The most important virtue of this thread is respect for all.

Here are some topics that this thread has had:

333491.jpg

cars+and+girls2.jpg

formula-1-cars.jpg

a-lot-of-dogs.jpg

The following subjects are
BANNED

1383930930_kim-kardashian-560.jpg

So Kardashian related material is not allowed - even gratuitous boobs or bums because no one wants to see or hear about them.
your-political-views-democrat-republican-politics-obama-libe-demotivational-poster-1241176580.jpg

POLITICS OF ANY KIND IS A NO NO.
Especially if it is demeaning to the liberal elite or the conservative morons.

I suppose Anarchy is ok
515D1rdNkVL._SY355_.jpg

I AM PERSONALLY UNDECIDED ON SOME POLITICS so things like the below?
I think the crowd should decide.

ron-paul-boobs-2.JPG

We are also lady and animal friendly

tumblr_mko6femEhn1s77zr6o1_1280.png

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Last edited:
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
Stunning sunrise pics over Maramures village - Transalvania, Romania.
17457669_10158537747860595_5511500513469763573_n.jpg

10365406_974274485938684_2777159099054751055_o.jpg

1547279-980x.jpg

•••
•••
Finally, watched some NCAA basketball, watched UCLA vs. Kentucky, great back and forth for most of the game. First time watching Ball, wasn't that impressed but it was just one game and I guess he's more of a pure PG, the other Freshman from Kentucky, Fox was impressive. Ball's dad got a big mouth, which doesn't help anything.

Finally, can sell on NJ. My first batch will end mid month next month, so we'll see how that goes.

Think I'm going to start a logo contest for my NameGala site. Have no idea what I want for it.

Trying to find old post where johname told me what to ask to get with such a contest.

Found them

JPEG is for photographs because of the number of colors it can save. GIF are best for images that only have a few colors. Namepros uses GIF for their logo. PNG are like GIF but improved.

GIF are the safer web friendly pick, like for old browsers

PNG have better opacity/transpancy

If it will always have a white background GIF would probably be the pick. (in other words you probally need a reason to go PNG, like a complicated background/image background/changing backround)

You need a minimum of two things

1) The image ready to used. Specify the size you want it in height and width and type: jpeg, gif, png etc.

2) The vector art. Why do you need the vector art even though you are not a vector artist? Because you might want to have someone update your art and it's a bitch if you dont have the original vector art file. Also you paid for it you should get it. EPS format better than AI because it can be read by all vector programs.

3) high res large is for if you dont want to mess with vector yourself, you still want have an image you keep and can use to make smaller copies from.

Also some things can only be done in photoshop and thats why people ask for the photoshop files.

Last edited:
•••
Are you doing it on NP? The biggest mistake OPs of contests on NP do wrong is favor one design or designer too early. This throws the whole contest off kilter because the second you favor a styling or idea, from then on variations of it is all you get. form other designers. Or new designers just dont even join the contest thinking the contest is probably already 'won' by the favored reaction designer.

Then you end up with less designs to chose from and one pissed guy if he/she doesnt win.

But eventually you do need to guide the designer(s) to get the look you want.

The other thing is research the design before picking a winner. The dude that copied the
Quantus airline Roo and won a contest is one of the more rememberable ones. But Eric was on top of that.

Last edited:
•••
Are you doing it on NP? The biggest mistake OPs of contests on NP do wrong is favor one design or designer too early. This throws the whole contest off kilter because the second you favor a styling or idea, from then on variations of it is all you get. form other designers. Or new designers just dont even join the contest thinking the contest is probably already 'won' by the favored reaction designer.

Then you end up with less designs to chose from and one pissed guy if he/she doesnt win.

But eventually you do need to guide the designer(s) to get the look you want.

The other thing is research the design before picking a winner. The dude that copied the
Quantus airline Roo and won a contest is one of the more rememberable ones. But Eric was on top of that.

Yeah, I figure as far as logo design contests, NP has the best deals as far as price.

Was checking some other domain sites that start with Name for ideas.

I figure NameGala, words together, like:

https://www.nameking.com/

http://www.namejet.com/

https://www.namebright.com/

And where you have the word name and the other word different colors, easier to read.

All 3 of those are like that, they also have a little something basic, a jet, a crown icon, a light? icon

Yeah, what you said, I've seen where somebody says they like this or that, the others kind of start copying them

•••
Gala sounds 'party' so expect a lil party hat next to the name lol

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
So... we all saw that hilarious video of a guy being interviewed on Skype by the BBC and then his children walk into the room.

Now, lets see a similar situation by a Woman interrupted during BBC interview...

•••
I am missing the Bernie grid walk already.

Watching Aussy F1 GP live starting in a few mins

•••
Vettel will win over Lewis in a lesser car.
I kind of want Verstappen to show up.

•••
I am pulling for the non Mercedes Vettle lol

•••
•••
Morning Workout On A Rooftop Ledge

•••
•••
Yahoo has lost its mind. A "How To" hookup to tor

Tempted by the dark side? Here's what you need to know about the Dark Web
https://www.yahoo.com/tech/everything-know-dark-131534642.html

Tor in itself isn't a bad thing. Ever popular with whistleblowers and journalists in certain countries, it may become more popular now that ISPs are going to be allowed to sell your data w/o permission again.

Sending noobs to the "dark web" though ... yeah, that's stupid.

•••
I always thought the Dark Web was people with low light webcams

•••
1N73LL1G3NC3 15 7H3 4B1L17Y 70 4D4P7 70 CH4NG3S

•••
Tor in itself isn't a bad thing. Ever popular with whistleblowers and journalists in certain countries, it may become more popular now that ISPs are going to be allowed to sell your data w/o permission again.

Sending noobs to the "dark web" though ... yeah, that's stupid.

Eggs-Actly.

And the distinction between "Deep" and "Dark"... isn't clear to n00bs.

And for Y!, who some may well remember under the original owners stood fast against giving up personal info to the gov without a federal warrant, will give up your info faster than the WWI & II surrender monkeys, to be the ones publishing the article, that just makes it even better.

Not to mention when their ISP shuts them down or sends their IP off to the feds cuz, "well, maybe just a peek" into a trap site..."oooh lookie, how to make a machine gun out of a paper towel tube", or worse.

Oh well, it'll keep JohnQ's one friend (you know, who I'm talking about) that has a clue busy digging out root kits and various other nasteez their "Complete Security AV's" have absolutely no chance against.

Let the Cyber Zombie Apocalypse begin.
/rant

Peace,
Cy

Edit:
Restart rant
A commenter posted on the article that I think pretty much nailed it...
This is what isn't mentioned.

"If you are getting your information about the dark from here then leave Tor alone. You will have an infected box within the first few hours of visiting. If you just have to do this don't use your home internet. Buy a used laptop that you will NEVER connect to your home system or your phone. ONLY use a public wifi hotspot and then pull the battery after you are finished, that way you don't have to worry about it trying to connect to your router at the house. NEVER put any of your information on that box, name, address, emails, facebook, etc. IF you take these steps you might make it long enough to figure out what you are doing without downloading a sniffer and have your information sold."

/rant

Last edited:
•••
Having a craving...
Ice-cream-BrianMc.gif

Can't wait till Dairy Queen opens up here..Sunday has been Family DQ day for awhile now..

•••
Sweeeeeeeet.

Too funny.
The best part is where they are from... Tipperary... and the song.

Peace,
Cy

should get my Domain chevybelair dot com

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back