IT.COM

discuss The domain(s) you wish you didn't sell

NameSilo
Watch
Sorry I haven't been around for a while. I'm still kicking myself for selling a domain a year or two too early that made the difference of selling from x,xxx to perhaps xxx,xxx or more. It really depressed me a bit and I haven't played with domains for a couple years because of it. The name was vaping*com

So help me feel better and tell me your names you wish you didn't sell or sold too early before the industry got huge!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
TribeTalk.com

I got a decent price for it but I believe my beloved Cleveland Indians would have eventually come looking for it. They've used the title for a variety of promos over the years.

•••
I don't look back after I sold.

Move on to the next one. Nothing you can do with the past anyhow unless you can go back to the past like Michael J. Fox!!! Back to the Future.

•••
Sorry I haven't been around for a while. I'm still kicking myself for selling a domain a year or two too early that made the difference of selling from x,xxx to perhaps xxx,xxx or more. It really depressed me a bit and I haven't played with domains for a couple years because of it.

Get out of your head an back in the game.

•••
Thanks guys, means a lot to hear another story and advice from you old-timers! You're right...its time to move on!

•••
You should actually believe in yourself more now because you are much less likely to do it again...and don't forget that you had the gut and skills to buy the domain in the first place. Instead of retreating, feel the fire and attack domains even harder.

•••
Every time i regret i see 10 times bigger and positive opportunity. I am not joking its true in my case.

•••
I have undersold quite a few domains since I started domaining but I always try not to dwell on the past. What's done is done and unless I invent a time machine I won't be able to change anything.

•••
domainextensions dot com and others should have kept it for the 1400+ new extensions

•••
I'm still fairly new in the game (almost a year in), so very first sale was a mistake in underpricing. Sold emag.xyz for $250. I was really happy, my first sale! Then found out a few days later the person was buying it in every extension and was picking them up at $1500 or more. I didn't know to look at trends yet.
Here is a sample, and yes, mine was at Sedo too.

emag.mobi 2,000 USD 2015-10-05 Sedo
emag.club 1,664 USD 2015-07-10 Sedo
emag.me 3,291 USD 2015-04-29 Sedo
emag.co 1,500 USD 2015-04-22 Sedo
emag.ir 2,280 USD 2015-01-18 Sedo
emag.tv 2,750 USD 2014-12-24 Sedo
emag.rs 4,110 USD 2014-05-21 Sedo
emag.rs 4,176 USD 2014-05-08 Sedo

That was a learning experience. I feel it's good to reflect as long as that is used to learn from. Otherwise, you can't get it back, so why worry about it any longer?

•••
emag.xyz didn't really go for wrong price your elevating the xyz extension. There are going to be 1400+ extensions many may rate better over time. Good to off load it now.
There will be new loads of new extension registrations it will boil down to what extensions are actually renewed to make up the marketplace.

•••
Actually, I do not regret any of my sales.

However, I guess I could have got more for 9 .nu, if I've been more patient.

•••
emag.xyz didn't really go for wrong price your elevating the xyz extension. There are going to be 1400+ extensions many may rate better over time. Good to off load it now.
There will be new loads of new extension registrations it will boil down to what extensions are actually renewed to make up the marketplace.
I understand now it was a fair price for an xyz, it was just frustrating at the time. But it taught me to look at the trends more closely and gave me insight on how to price things. As stated, it was a good learning experience.

•••
I don’t regret any of my sales, but I do regret many of the sales I could have made, but lost due to not accepting good offers (by making a too high counter-offer).

Ironically, the way I’ve left most money on the table, has been by trying to not leave money on the table.

•••
I don’t regret any of my sales, but I do regret many of the sales I could have made, but lost due to not accepting good offers (by making a too high counter-offer).

Ironically, the way I’ve left most money on the table, has been by trying to not leave money on the table.

True for me and many more too..

Of course, there are a few that I feel I let go too cheap or at the wrong time but hindsight is always 20/20 B-)

•••
I always leave money on the table. I'm just happy providing most of it is on my side.

•••
•••
Back