IT.COM

The Common Sense Game [Domain Edition]

NameSilo
Watch

NameShiba

Top Member
Impact
Hey everyone, was thinking of a productive online fun thread here -- and it's domaining common sense!

State one thing ( could be anything ) within the industry that is either a rhetorical rule of thumb, or just some common sense!

It could help some of the newer players out, and give the older ones a bit of fun.

Be as creative as possible.

I'll start.

"Don't spend your kid's college fund on .bike"

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
How to hand reg premium domain.

1. Drink a couple bottle of beers at 12 midnight.
2. Think of a domain name.
3. Login to your favorite registrar.
4. Voila!

•••
The more words a domain has -- does not increase the value.
@KINGOF.TOP

•••
Set a budget and stick to it..

•••
Not everything that has numbers is a chinese premium domain.

•••
Short and sweet
Best domains to keep

•••
•••
"Don't spend your kid's college fund on .bike"

I received an offer on my .bike today. lol

Some common sense.. mmm let me think :D

Shill bidding = stealing someone's hard earned money, refrain from it.

•••
The more words a domain has -- does not increase the value.
@KINGOF.TOP
That's true, but if the word is 'top' then the opposite is the case, because .top = top. as you know and if a domain is the only untoppable domain in the www, it's the ultimate domain which means that it is the most expensive domain of all time.

Last edited:
•••
Not every name is a PREMIUM name just because you bought it

•••
If you find a nice domain that is available for register, take note of it.
If you find another nice domain that is available for register, also take note of it.
When your list reaches 10 domains, throw your notes away and spend $100 on 1 better domain. A .com, of course.

•••
i dont think i can play this game :banghead:

•••
Dont Drink & Domain

There is no morning after pill for drunken unwanted registrations. You won't cancel it the next morning because you won't even remember registering it. Days later when you get spam mail from Rajesh who owns a web development company with a 400 member team that kindly wants to HELP YOU, develop the new domain you registered (DrunkOffmyFaceDomainReg.com) the penny drops and you get a mild flash back of your drunken escapades. By then it's too late, it's yours... you own the domain. Trying to flog it off to another person doesn't work so you forced to keep it for 12 months or try put it up for adoption in the "free domains" section. Sometimes, they are so fugly that no one will take them even for free. :)

Last edited:
•••
Not every name is a PREMIUM name just because you bought it
also (my experience) your auction site lists it as Premium <doesn't mean it is!

if I may add
Dont Drink & Domain

There is no morning after pill for drunken unwanted registrations. You won't cancel it the next morning because you won't even remember registering it. Days later when you get spam mail from Rajesh who own a web development company with a 400 member team and kindly wants to HELP YOU, develop the new domain you registered (DrunkOffmyFaceDomainReg.com) the penny drops and you get a mild flash back of your drunken escapades. By then it's too late, it's yours... you own the domain. Trying to flog it off to another person doesn't work so you forced to keep it for 12 months or try put it up for adoption in the "free domains" section. Sometimes, they are so fugly that no one will take them even for free. :)
might also include any other "mind altering substance" with alcohol.. lol

Last edited:
•••
also (my experience) your auction site lists it as Premium.

if I may add

might also include any other "mind altering substance" with alcohol.. lol

Lol.. mild altering substances whilst sitting behind a computer (even if it's turned OFF) is playing with fire... hahahahah

•••
Registrars have coupons -- utilize all of them.
The pennies go a LONG way.

•••
After you have paid for the 10th appraisal that the buyer requested for your names, you'll figure out that the requester owns the appraisal companies.
Joe T

•••
Just because you personally like something -- does not mean it will sell.

I learned that the hard way.

•••
Lol.. mild altering substances whilst sitting behind a computer (even if it's turned OFF) is playing with fire... hahahahah
lol should have reworded that was basically referring to marijuana (it being legalized in a few states and countries)..

420-Domainer-humor-(420Gangsta.ca).png

Registrars have coupons -- utilize all of them.
The pennies go a LONG way.
Great tip..

where were you when I first started..

My personal experience tip..
When registering a domain, also price in renewal fee, not every domains sell within a year!

and no..I never registered Marshmellow0nPizzaPieWithKetchup(dot)com

Last edited:
•••
Money can be made off of registering domains off expired lists. Make sure the domain makes sense, you have some good stats to go with it, and most important know what to do with the domain once you own it. Too many wait for a sale only not realizing the domains true worth is withing another aspect of domaining.

•••
lol should have reworded that was basically referring to marijuana (it being legalized in a few states and countries)..

Show attachment 63073

Great tip..

where were you when I first started..

My personal experience tip..
When registering a domain, also price in renewal fee, not every domains sell within a year!

and no..I never registered Marshmellow0nPizzaPieWithKetchup(dot)com

Lol, ahhh good old Mary Jane. Old faithful... :) Freakin idiot government here in South Africa still dragging their feet with getting it decriminalized... it's on the cards but taking forever... not that it being illegal has stopped me in anyway from enjoying the pleasures of MJ :) ..

•••
ExpiredDomains.net is your friend -- and should be utilized by any industry beginner.

•••
Money can be made off of registering domains off expired lists. Make sure the domain makes sense, you have some good stats to go with it, and most important know what to do with the domain once you own it. Too many wait for a sale only not realizing the domains true worth is withing another aspect of domaining.
Which lead to the question, what are the main stat that you look at?
Mine are "history/backlinks"

•••
Please don't buy names before you learn for few months

•••
Back