IT.COM

.uk The .CO.UK Discussion and Showcase

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
This being the cctld section of namepros I am sure the answers I get here will be somewhat bias:) But here is my questions:

I found several niche generic domains with rather good overture. I was debating on getting the .net or the .co.uk version.

Revenue is important in this decision with it being a solid overture number with .com I know this would do great, but obviously not many people would choose to type mygoodgenericname.net, BUT my do people type megoodgenericname.co.uk????

Thoughts? Sorry, I am just wading into the international ext world but was wondering how well generics do for type-ins.

Thanks for any help!!!!!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Picked Up
esportsmetaverse.co.uk

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
LeafletPrinting.co.uk
StolenIdentity.co.uk
CustomSuits.co.uk
SpywareRemoval.co.uk
RealtimeGaming.co.uk
MetaverseCommunity.co.uk
MetaverseArchitect.co.uk

•••
•••
МеtаDеvеlореrs.со.uk

•••
•••
And this, МеtаSеrviсе.со.uk

•••
Web3Gaming.co.uk
Web3Jobs.co.uk
StableCoinNews.co.uk

Looking for a buyer.

Last edited:
•••
I am revisiting - again - all my .co.uk's - thought this one would be searched for but when I took a look at the lander it was pointing at Sedo. Dont remember doing that, changed it to Dan.
MetaverseTokens.co.uk

Good luck with the sales.

•••
Does anyone feel that .uk will eventually overtake .co.uk as the more preferred tld ?

•••
Does anyone feel that .uk will eventually overtake .co.uk as the more preferred tld ?
At this rate I don't think it's going to happen. There were over 150 3 letter .UK names available to register the other day!! (I picked up 20 of them) and 8 NNN.uk

Last edited:
•••
At this rate I don't think it's going to happen. There were over 150 3 letter .UK names available to register the other day!! (I picked up 20 of them) and 8 NNN.uk
what NNN.uk did you pick ? I feel NNN.uk are more valuable than NNN.co.uk, much shorter and much brandable. NNN.co.uk are selling for $xxx-$xxxx, .uk should definitely be more valuable.

•••
•••
Watch the spelling...

As I understand the domain market at present, .de and co.uk are two of the strongest country domains. However, when looking at possible domain registrations, be aware of the difference in the spelling between some English words and the North American spelling of the same word.

LaborLaw.co.uk would probably get little or no type-in traffic and probably zero UK end-user interest, as the word in the UK is spelled "Labour". Same with "Colour", "Theatre", etc
yes, any British person would also look at the spelling and think its spam

Last edited:
•••
what is a better investment according to you guys ?

NNN.co.uk & NNN.uk domains : only 2000 total combinations

or

LLL.co.uk & LLL.uk : 34000 + combinations

ofcourse one word domains will always remain number one ;)

•••
8 new cities.

CityOfDunfermline.co.uk

CityOfBangor.co.uk

CityOfStanley.co.uk

•••
Anyone know of any analysis comparing resell prices for .co.uk verses .com ?

I know there will not be a direct formula but perhaps someone has managed to show a reasonable correlation that can help predict a price range of one from the other.

•••
Anyone know of any analysis comparing resell prices for .co.uk verses .com ?

I know there will not be a direct formula but perhaps someone has managed to show a reasonable correlation that can help predict a price range of one from the other.
I remember reading somewhere (acorn forums?) that it is fair to say the ratio is 1:20 for desirable names. 5% is a fair number imo also

•••
I remember reading somewhere (acorn forums?) that it is fair to say the ratio is 1:20 for desirable names. 5% is a fair number imo also
Thank you tiletalk. If I find the source for that I'll post it here. 👍

•••
.UK looks much better aesthetically than .CO.UK , I hope it gets widely adopted soon.

•••
.UK looks much better aesthetically than .CO.UK , I hope it gets widely adopted soon.
I'm seeing more and more of them being used.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back