IT.COM

.uk The .CO.UK Discussion and Showcase

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
This being the cctld section of namepros I am sure the answers I get here will be somewhat bias:) But here is my questions:

I found several niche generic domains with rather good overture. I was debating on getting the .net or the .co.uk version.

Revenue is important in this decision with it being a solid overture number with .com I know this would do great, but obviously not many people would choose to type mygoodgenericname.net, BUT my do people type megoodgenericname.co.uk????

Thoughts? Sorry, I am just wading into the international ext world but was wondering how well generics do for type-ins.

Thanks for any help!!!!!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
yanni said:
Watch the co.uk aftermarket go way up, even with that transfer "tax" in place.

Very true, it takes the 'hassle' factor of paperwork out, making lower priced names more attractive.

•••
thanks for sharing, must have missed that :o

good news all round, bulk transfer cheaper too, step in right direction.
something new i gotta learn but thank god old paperwork system gone

:sold:

•••
Nice!

Paperless is always good.

•••
Excellent News!!

Looking for a buyer for BritainProperty dot co dot uk. :D

•••
This has gone live today :)

•••
Bucketload of .co.uk sales!

With Phones.co.uk £175,000 = $344,710 leading the charge there are many .co.uk sales this week at DNJ.

Wot .co.uk do you have :?

Here are my pathetic offerings:

DiscountDrug.co.uk

GayPeople.co.uk

HouseForRent.co.uk

InvestMoney.co.uk

Nineball.co.uk

Preforeclosure.co.uk

VOIPWifi.co.uk

•••
•••
some great sales

GO .uk! :sold:

•••
investmoney.co.uk is a nice one :)

•••
nmr86 said:
investmoney.co.uk is a nice one :)

Agreed - the best of the bunch IMHO.

Cheers,
Rob.

•••
phones.co.uk

Sold last week for £175k. Guy only bought the domain for £49.5k as well so made a great profit. Has anyone else had a great success story in domaining? :)

•••
I bought phones.uk.com for £60.....leaves cash for development....

•••
See I've heard that
the .uk.com extension isn't going to catch on. I bought widgets.uk.com for around the same price but I doubt it will ever be worth anything notable

•••
Great sale. I am having PhonesSite.com

•••
Need Help, Trying to transfer a .co.uk domain name

Hi all,

I recently got an offer on a .co.uk domain name thru Sedo and I have accepted it.Today I got an email from Sedo asking me to transfer the name as follows:

Code:
We have received the payment for xyz.co.uk and can now proceed with the technical transfer.

In order to initiate the registrant change, please log into your Online Services account at Nominet and choose "Registrant Transfer" from the "Your Domains" tab.
Please select the domain names you wish to transfer and indicate the following e-mail address for the new registrant:

[email protected]

Furthermore you will be asked to choose whether you or the new registrant will pay the transfer fee.

Once you have completed this process, the new registrant will receive an e-mail asking him to confirm or decline the registrant change and to indicate the new Registrar TAG. The confirmation link in that e-mail will be valid for 5 days.

If the buyer confirms the registrant change in due time, Nominet will usually complete the transfer process very quickly and send a confirmation e-mail to you and the new registrant.

You may find more detailed information at http://www.nic.uk.

Now, the thing is, I never knew anything about Nominet and when I checked my inbox, I did have an email from them regarding a .co.uk domain name but for another domain. I retreived my password and was able to login as explained in the email but when I try to transfer the name, I do not see it listed there. What should I do now? Please advice.

Thx.

•••
Great sale!

I am the owner of ClickMobiles.co.uk... a great domain in my opinion!

One problem: There was a huge court case an d loads of people who got ripped off by a UK company under the name of "Click Mobile"........ grrrrrr!

I'll never be able to sell it!

Last edited:
•••
Hi,

Once you're logged into Nominet, under 'account' (which should be the first screen that comes up) there is a sub-section on the far right of the navigation bar called 'merge accounts'.

I think this is all you should need though it does mention account merges need the same tag.

Thanks,
jops

•••
jops said:
Hi,

Once you're logged into Nominet, under 'account' (which should be the first screen that comes up) there is a sub-section on the far right of the navigation bar called 'merge accounts'.

I think this is all you should need though it does mention account merges need the same tag.

Thanks,
jops

Um.. thanks Jops for the reply. Can you tell me what exactly account merging does? coz I did not understand the bolded part what you said above. Also, I have another question. Anybody can register a .co.uk domain name right? just wondering.

Thx.

•••
if i understand it correctly..when ever you register a name that will be considered as an an account..merging account means consolidating your names..yes anybody can register .co.uk.
there will be a transfer fee involved for all tranfers..good luck

•••
I'm just going off my personal experience here.

I had 2 .co.uk domains registered at Namecheap so they both had the ENOM tag and I could merge them into one list. You can see your tag when you click on 'Your Domains' in your Nominet account on the right hand side of the page.

I'm not sure how it would work if you have the domains at completely different places but I'd assume you would just have a different account to sign into at Nominet for each registrar.

Thanks,
jops

•••
Merging has absolutely nothing to do with transferring after a sale. Go to Nom's site and print out the transfer forms. Fill them out and fax or send to Sedo. They will get the buyer's sections filled out. All costs are absorbed by the buyer. It's a paper process - nothing you can do electronically.

•••
It is actually now possible to do it electronically from your Nominet account.

•••
jops said:
It is actually now possible to do it electronically from your Nominet account.
Wow...cool. When did that happen? I just sold one and am glad to know!

•••
If I remember rightly, they started doing it in May but I could well be wrong.

If you log into your Nominet account you will find it under 'Your Domains' -> 'Registrant Transfer'

•••
Hope people like my new site phones.uk.com a price comparison site

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back