Dynadot

.uk The .CO.UK Discussion and Showcase

Catch.Club
Impact
This being the cctld section of namepros I am sure the answers I get here will be somewhat bias:) But here is my questions:

I found several niche generic domains with rather good overture. I was debating on getting the .net or the .co.uk version.

Revenue is important in this decision with it being a solid overture number with .com I know this would do great, but obviously not many people would choose to type mygoodgenericname.net, BUT my do people type megoodgenericname.co.uk????

Thoughts? Sorry, I am just wading into the international ext world but was wondering how well generics do for type-ins.

Thanks for any help!!!!!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.

Dotword

Established Member
Impact
Anyone know of any analysis comparing resell prices for .co.uk verses .com ?

I know there will not be a direct formula but perhaps someone has managed to show a reasonable correlation that can help predict a price range of one from the other.

•••

tiletalk

Established Member
Impact
Anyone know of any analysis comparing resell prices for .co.uk verses .com ?

I know there will not be a direct formula but perhaps someone has managed to show a reasonable correlation that can help predict a price range of one from the other.
I remember reading somewhere (acorn forums?) that it is fair to say the ratio is 1:20 for desirable names. 5% is a fair number imo also

•••

Dotword

Established Member
Impact
I remember reading somewhere (acorn forums?) that it is fair to say the ratio is 1:20 for desirable names. 5% is a fair number imo also
Thank you tiletalk. If I find the source for that I'll post it here. 👍

•••

domvault

Top Member
Impact
.UK looks much better aesthetically than .CO.UK , I hope it gets widely adopted soon.

•••
.UK looks much better aesthetically than .CO.UK , I hope it gets widely adopted soon.
I'm seeing more and more of them being used.

•••

domvault

Top Member
Impact
I'm seeing more and more of them being used.

their is a potential for incredible amount of value unlocking both for the domain investors as well as businesses and marketing companies with the widespread use of .uk
.uk provides the short and direct connection with the UK and this is what brands will start looking forward to with the advent of time
i am sure .uk will be the hot topic in the upcoming London Summit for domainers.

Last edited:
•••

Centauri

Established Member
Impact
nft24.co.uk
nft24.uk

•••

Domsoft

Established Member
Impact
NFTart.co.uk
NFTart.uk
NFTgames.co.uk
NFTgame.co.uk
NFTgaming.co.uk
NFTgaming.uk
Nonfungible.co.uk

•••

Domsoft

Established Member
Impact
blockchaingaming.co.uk
blockchaingaming.uk

•••

trap3

Top Member
Impact
ExRate.co.uk
FreeVideos.co.uk
WeedSmoking.co.uk
FreePictures.co.uk
RecyclingSites.co.uk

Last edited:
•••

trap3

Top Member
Impact
•••

redemo

Mug RuithTop Member
Impact
Does anyone feel that .uk will eventually overtake .co.uk as the more preferred tld ?
No, I don't think .uk will ever over-take .co.uk. It's purely a trust issue, because .uk is more logical than .co.uk. There's no data to suggest .uk will get anywhere close to .co.uk. But I hope it does.

Last edited:
•••

domvault

Top Member
Impact
A lot of .uk domains including LLL.uk are getting bids on domainlore. Looks like people are seeing value in them now.

No LLL (17576 combos) or NNN (only 1000 combos) .uk is available for registration as of now.

Last edited:
•••

honestbobby

Established Member
Impact
•••

Robert27

Established Member
Impact
Can anyone giver me some advice or tips about how best to use Domain Lore, I find it a bit confusing to be honest.

KR Robert

•••

phaethon

Established Member
Impact
My advice is stay away from co.uk, uk etc, it's a dead market.

•••

Robert27

Established Member
Impact
•••

Robert27

Established Member
Impact
Stablecoinnews.co.uk

Just saw a Cointelegraph post re an amendment to the UK Financial services bill about Stablecoins.

•••

DanBingham

Top Member
Impact
My advice is stay away from co.uk, uk etc, it's a dead market.

Disgree. I do quite well, in fact my UK sales have out performed any others.

Last edited:
•••

galaxyspace16

Restricted (33% DM)
Impact

IELTSpreparation.co.uk​

•••

DT13

Top Member
Impact
Screenshot_20221115-193333_Chrome.jpg

1.com
2.org
3.co.uk

•••
The people at the domain summit will be
No, I don't think .uk will ever over-take .co.uk. It's purely a trust issue, because .uk is more logical than .co.uk. There's no data to suggest .uk will get anywhere close to .co.uk. But I hope it does.
I keep seeing more and more of the .uk domains as I travel around the UK

•••

Robert27

Established Member
Impact
•••

Robert27

Established Member
Impact
•••

LosAtmos

Established Member