Dynadot

discuss The biggest volume of “meta domains” will be dropping in 2022

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
The biggest volume of “meta domains” dropping is about to happen, as we are approaching December 2022.
Thousands of domains that contain “meta” are expired and the 35-45 day deletion cycle is ongoing. Many are expected to delete before Christmas, to make room for new domain registrations that will help massage Verisign data...
Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Painfully close to the truth I suspect

•••
It's pretty simple to boil down what's going on here... none of these meta domains or hardly any of them are going to be dropped in a year because they're the soundest investments, the metaverse is not a thing yet but it is a thing that's going to be the next big thing that Meta are going to create that's not their own thing but something they want others to create but they own Meta but not the metaverse because that's a thing that doesn't exist yet but they don't own it and they own meta but they don't own Meta and even if there is a trademark they don't own the meta name cause other people own the meta name and trademark before them instead (I haven't looked at the actual register but someone said it or something similar) and there are people that used meta before they became Meta and it was only 2015 that they applied for the trademark for the goods and services that they have a registered trademark for but they don't have a trademark cause it's wayyyy too generic and they don't have the right to trade under Meta for their goods and services even though it's there in black and white owned by the Chan/Zuckerberg Initiative but that's not FB even though it's owned by the owner of FB and also meta.company own the name but haven't even traded yet under their goods and services as admitted by them on Twitter and some company called Meta PC made a joke that they're now called FB and they're both p**sed off about them using the name so that means I can use the name too for some reason even though Meta aren't even allowed to use the name in my opinion based on my reaction to the articles about the alleged infringement and anyway >>I decide<< the risk that I take on and think it makes sense that I can throw away the existence of trademarks and law and nobody owns it and DO NOT not comment on the blatant trademark infringement that's taking place even if it is a dirty stain on the entire domaining industry every time it happens.... but anyway does my freshly regged domain meta-snoopybear.xyz have any TM issues (NO I DON'T WANT THE WRONG ANSWER SO DON'T ANSWER stay in your lane jeez!!!!) anyone could win the trademark dispute as long as they have the right lawyers.

I'm sure that cleared a few things up for everyone... 🤣

The above is a ridiculous sentence I just contrived based on the various musings and opinons originating from Namepros regarding Meta domains only.

Last edited:
•••
well apparently fb will tm meta term.. so we will see.. maybe i should be okay with (under)selling my best 2 meta names..in .one... meta and metaverse...

now I only hold like 5 .com regged b4 fb renamed.

frankly dont intend on getting more...train missed again... for most of us...

that being said many names will drop cause only small portion are worth having and will get offers... so hopefully people with zero offers will be smart enuf not to renew.

as always the early bird gets worm...and registrars like gd make fortune on another fomo... like they say... in a gold rush dont dig for gold just sell shovels...

•••
•••
It's already registered :)

so what are the details on this? how does it affect our names? anything concrete can be said on this or just speculations and approximations?

and where the hell is like and thanks button on this new np ui I abhor

Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back