IT.COM

.mobi The Best Reg of the Day Thread (DotMobi)

NameSilo
Watch

satsdifference.com

Love God Love LifeRestricted (85-100%)
Impact
Post your best Reg of the Day - here!

- Lotsa Gold still?! -

-------------------------------------------------

For 4/10/2007

I landed a big fish, 10 million Googles! *adrenaline*

Results 1 - 100 of about 10,100,000 for "women's basketball". (0.21 seconds)

womensbasketball.mobi

Remember there is no ' in domain names hehehe

Keep looking friends!

Stay Hungry..

Kind Regards,

Yelo

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Two new dutch .mobis

justitie.mobi (justice)
rechtspraak.mobi (jurisdiction)

Martin

•••
Hi! I got zdravo.mobi (hi/hello in Serbian, Croatian and Bosnian) and sorte.mobi (luck in Portuguese). Not too bad, are they?

•••
•••
5 minutes ago, I have regged : RICHELIEU.MOBI

•••
jacpar said:
5 minutes ago, I have regged : RICHELIEU.MOBI

and what does this exotic word mean?

I got carbonpoker.mobi ... as my latest reg

•••
rosh86 said:

It means :
a town in France
a town in Canada
a river in Canada
and a lot more !!!

•••
rosh86 said:

I have the same question regarding carbonpoker?

•••
Just regged:

ACCOMMODATIE.mobi Accommodation in Dutch( Covers vacation homes,hotelrooms and also the terms below.
WOONRUIMTE.mobi Collective term that covers houses/flats/appartments/rooms to let/rent or for sale

woonruimte translated directly is living space but in Dutch it is the acknowledged term that people use when looking for a place to stay. It means in fact "place to live or stay"

Last edited:
•••
Scratching my head about carbonpoker, but at least it has "poker" in it, can't be too bad.

I see that many are resorting to non English words and terms now.

Reg of the day for me: Caligula.mobi

•••
garrett200 said:
Reg of the day for me: Caligula.mobi
Still some great english words out there. But won't ignor the popularity of Soccer (futbol) being the number one sport in the world.

And what a nice find for you. Super wacko job of an emporer, quite the controversial film of its day, and I think perhaps even an off broadway play now.

Lends itself to many genres...film, history, adult, Italy.

Plus, keep in mind many non english speakers on this forum willing to help out everyone and regging their own native words. So you'll see many foreign words and phrases.

•••
My reg(s) of the day for today:

fourstarhotel.mobi
gasfoodlodging.mobi

•••
WOW, fourstarhotel is great, congrats!!

This must be my day for reg, everything I have regged today has a HUGE amount of internet searches. I can't believe some of the ones I got were still available.

Oh, Cerca, by "resorting", I didn't mean anything offensive, wrong word to use sorry.

•••
garrett200 said:

This must be my day for reg, everything I have regged today has a HUGE amount of internet searches. I can't believe some of the ones I got were still available.

Oh, Cerca, by "resorting", I didn't mean anything offensive, wrong word to use sorry.
I just realized that I hadn't checked 4StarHotel.mobi, and sure enough, it was available too, so I grabbed that as well...

•••
Actually, the second one is probably more searched. Good job there, those are both wonderful.

Dang, I'm shocked by the overture on those. I would have thought it would be through the roof, but it isn't. I still think they're good though :)

Last edited:
•••
garrett200 said:
Actually, the second one is probably more searched. Good job there, those are both wonderful.

Dang, I'm shocked by the overture on those. I would have thought it would be through the roof, but it isn't. I still think they're good though :)
Yes, the numerical version is more searched -- and OVT is better for "5 star hotel."

People mostly seem to follow "4 star hotel" with a location (e.g., "4 star hotel Paris"), so if you were to add all those variations up, it's not too bad...

•••
True, true. There are tons of variations to that.

My strategy is to try to find terms where the searches are only that term, which can be difficult, but not impossible.

If most people are searching for "south carolina widgets", but I've got "widgets.mobi", then I won't get much type in traffic, even though the name may sound good.

I try to go after what people are actually searching for specifically. I limit the term to two words. I think I have a few 3 word .Mobi's, but not many.

I have about 4 independent tools I use, and if they all agree it's a good word, I grab it.

BTW, since I've been posting in this forum (what's it been, a few days?), I have doubled my portfolio to 104 .mobi's. Half of which suck, but the other half fairly decent, and some may even qualify soon as premium.

Last edited:
•••
garrett200 said:

Offended??? Me??? No way. Just wanted you to be aware that there is gold in them thar hills and some of them hills is across the big water.

•••
I get your drift. I'll be moving in that direction soon.

•••
dagersh said:
My reg(s) of the day for today:

fourstarhotel.mobi
gasfoodlodging.mobi

Those are good and I had them on my list. Can't afford them all, can we? :)

3starhotel.mobi and threestarhotel.mobi are still available. At least they were 1 hour ago.

•••
Still there, I don't think anyone wants them. I don't think many people actually do a search for a 3 star hotel, but I could be wrong.

•••
garrett200 said:
True, true. There are tons of variations to that.

My strategy is to try to find terms where the searches are only that term, which can be difficult, but not impossible.

If most people are searching for "south carolina widgets", but I've got "widgets.mobi", then I won't get much type in traffic, even though the name may sound good.

I try to go after what people are actually searching for specifically. I limit the term to two words. I think I have a few 3 word .Mobi's, but not many.
I fully agree about the searches -- I never "add up" the searches when deciding to reg something. In this case I didn't use OVT for the reg at all, so I was just pointing out that if you look at the overall trend, people do think of searching for "4 star hotel" frequently, even if it is often with a locale.

garrett200 said:
Still there, I don't think anyone wants them. I don't think many people actually do a search for a 3 star hotel, but I could be wrong.
:lol: Yeah, and I'd guess that "1starhotel" is probably still available too...

•••
Speaking of hotels, I wonder if hotels.com owns hotels.mobi????

Read the whois, says "trademark name", I'm assuming that answer is yes.

•••
Got CREATIN.MOBI and ELEKTRONIC.MOBI

•••
OK...Actually regg'ed these late last night and mentioned in another thread. Thought I would join in this one with:

JehovahsWitness.mobi (over 42k OVT on this one). Now, I don't know enough about the Jehovahs Witness church (nor believe in their ways) to develop this, but I figured it was a no-brainer pick up to turn in the future.

DateRape.mobi- This is yet another one I'll have developing plans for. Thought the mobile environment would be great for a site dedicated to date rape information and resources. If I were of the female persuasion and thought I might have been "date raped" (which seems to happen all too frequently), what better way to get quick info and contacts than my cell?

Keep searching! They're out there! :)

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back