Dynadot

The Beginner’s Guide to Domain Name Investing.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DNaddicts

Upgraded Member
Impact
Read the article here >>> DNaddicts.com

Shoot me a PM if you have any questions.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Just a headsup: the link leads to an error page

•••
•••
Better yet, go to who.is and reach out to the owner of a domain directly. Roughly 1/20 times you’ll find an owner that isn’t aware of the value of their domain.

How do you do that in practice ?

•••
How do you do that in practice ?
It depends. One word premium domains require a much different approach. It's much better to go after the .nets and .orgs when trying to acquire a premium keyword domain. Reaching out via a who.is search is only worth your time when it comes to two/three-word- dot coms.

In practice, the search usually revolves around a specific industry. I'm still able to reach out to VR-keyword.com owners and strike deals. I recently acquired VRcoverage.com this way.

•••
A domain name is worth whatever amount someone is willing to pay.

and who is that someone... the first person to make an offer?

beginners use this statement, because that's what they've been taught.

so in turn, they teach it to others.... but that doesn't make it true.

i suggest you remove that line, unless you're prepared to elaborate further.

also, why tell people to use the bot, while illustrating the fault of using it

Estibot.com is a quick way to gauge whether or not a name is worth investing in

which, btw, is not true at all.

and then you conclude by stating...

many of the names that bot values at $2,000 won’t go for more than $20

just saying,

imo.....

•••

just saying,

imo.....

My thoughts exactly.

I would suggest never using Estibot while buying/selling domains, unless you are bored and want some fun out of this tool.

•••

just saying,

imo.....

Good points.

I think my point is a domain that is worth $20 on Estibot could be worth $20,000 to someone. But it's a complete gamble, so it's better to get some sort of baseline. As you know, Estibot is the best tool out there for sifting through names quickly when you first start out.

When I first started out, I would go through eBay, pick a few names, put them through Estibot, and then run a comparable sales search via NameBio.

I think everyone here would agree that Estibot requires its own article (or video for that matter).

I'm going to leave it in there because I think I do enough to warn against relying on it too heavily.

Last edited:
•••
As you know, Estibot is the best tool out there for sifting through names quickly when you first start out.

Hi

i don't know that, nor do i agree with it.

cuz when you first start out, you don't know enough about domains, their values or how to discern credible information from fact, fiction or hype.

and the bot doesn't teach that.

imo....

•••
It depends. One word premium domains require a much different approach. It's much better to go after the .nets and .orgs when trying to acquire a premium keyword domain. Reaching out via a who.is search is only worth your time when it comes to two/three-word- dot coms.

In practice, the search usually revolves around a specific industry. I'm still able to reach out to VR-keyword.com owners and strike deals. I recently acquired VRcoverage.com this way.

Thanks for the answer. Let me try to reformulate my question.

Any high value domain (single words, trendy subjects, great two-words, top brandables...) is a desirable purchase if you can get it below the market place. The problem is that there are probably close to a million such domains, may be more. I don't see myself contacting all these people.

More likely, if I am searching for a name for a specific project and I come accross a good registered name, I might contact the owner. In that case, I would look manually for signs of lack of interest from the owner (in other words, I wouldn't contact the owner of google or amazon)

I was wondering if you had some method to preselect your targets out of the million or so valuable domains and increase the chances of being able to buy.

•••
I think my point is a domain that is worth $20 on Estibot could be worth $20,000 to someone

I regularly read hot and passionate debates about estibot. For me estibot is just an indicator among others and I wouln't trust estibot to make a deal.

I sometimes use estibot or similar tools to preselect domains out of a list. I assume that, if a domain has zero or close to zero estibot value, it's not worth to go further. But from what you say, that's not true. Has anyone examples of low value estibot domains that sold at a decent price on namebio ?

•••
It is informative one thank you for your valuable information keep share the valuable thoughts like this

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back