IT.COM

discuss The 5L.coms that seem to be crap but aren’t

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Global Rebrander

Established Member
Impact
The previous articles on 5L saw some good criticism . Over the months I saw some 5L domains sales that didn’t make a sense, at least along our accepted lettering pattern Cvcvc.

what most critics agreed were at least have a 2v and even cvccv were accepted .

now know every one would thrash out at a ccvcc type domains but what I be been noticing at the stock market at our country is that companies have stock symbols and their short name in 5L.

what would you say to SLICL, AKJCL, PMHPL, GLICL, FMDBL. They are all stock symbols and short forms of their company names :
Surya Life Insurance Company Limited
Ankhu Khola Jalbidhut company limited
Panchakanya mai hydro company limited
Gurus life insurance company limited
First microfinance development bank limited

and the list goes on and on. Just like google created a website for their investors the domains could be investor oriented rather than customer oriented.

You may say we are trying to find a reason of a nonsense 5L to make sense. What we realize is as stock investors talk to other fellow stock investors they use the same crappy 5Ls. they are so used to 5L that seem crap to us.

I assume there could be other communities frequently using crappy 5Ls for a similar reasons world wide. and there thus could exist a rare group of customers for the crappy domain names. someone’s garbage is someone’s gold. It has been, it is and it will always be.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
KYPDS.com
DGTLC.com
ODRTK.com
LRNhb.com
LRNIG.com

•••
You understand that with 5 acronym letters, the chances of a company using the same 5 are exponentially lower than a 4l?

For this reason, floor 3L price is many times higher than floor 4l price. Following the same math, a random patterned 5L should be worth cents at reseller price.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back