analysis The 4L .com chip market is getting its butt kicked

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
Taking a look at four letter Chip .coms shows a market continuing into further decline. Using data from Namebio let's dive in. Back in 2017 outside of one outlier $210 sale the lowest 4L chips (no aeiouv) were going for $770 - $840 at the low end. Namebio recorded 2129 sales. zrpb.com 201 USD 2017-11-03 Dynadot zrqr.com 770 USD 2017-07-12 NameJet jrdd.com 780 … [Read more...]

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The Chinese CHIP movement caused them to hyper inflate to enormous levels, now is the fall out from it, they are liquid, and will stay liquid, they are switching hands at warp speed right now, until they begin being held and not sold, i expect price fluctuations to continue, if you are a reseller, not good, i am holding, possibly for the duration, I sold two CHIPS during the frenzy, i only sold them because there was no way i could turn down the price i was offered via Sedo, I still have all the original hand reggies from 2006-2007, and i am buying 4L.com right now at 10x + reg fee, but to hold, unless i get another over the top, i can't turn down offer like i did during the CHIP frenzy.

Great read EQ, thanks

Last edited:
•••
chinesepremium.com were inflated from the git go and it's hype tried to flow down the tld ladder from .com to .info.

patterns like aabb and other hypefuls sucked money from pockets like a vacuum
lot of folks made profits, lot of others, lost money

chip prices started to drop, as crypto sales and prices rose
folks started liquidating their chips, to buy btc..... the money was being shifted.

as crypto rose to $20k, domainers started trading them for LLL.com and other premiums.
then the sellout and profit taking began.
now, btc is down to what, $6k?

so, looks like chips and crypto, both got kicked in the butt

still, out of 160,000 possible chip combinations, and with less than 1,000 being recorded as traded this year....
tells me that majority of 4letter.com chip owners are holding for the long run

:)

•••
chinesepremium.com were inflated from the git go and it's hype tried to flow down the tld ladder from .com to .info.

patterns like aabb and other hypefuls sucked money from pockets like a vacuum
lot of folks made profits, lot of others, lost money

chip prices started to drop, as crypto sales and prices rose
folks started liquidating their chips, to buy btc..... the money was being shifted.

as crypto rose to $20k, domainers started trading them for LLL.com and other premiums.
then the sellout and profit taking began.
now, btc is down to what, $6k?

so, looks like chips and crypto, both got kicked in the butt

still, out of 160,000 possible chip combinations, and with less than 1,000 being recorded as traded this year....
tells me that majority of 4letter.com chip owners are holding for the long run

:)

The btc is swag IMO, a good try no doubt, but it wont fly IMO.
A holding pattern for CHIPS is a good sign of recovery, Once all the selling slows down, 4L.com should get back to it's to it's original state and begin rising slowly as it should have. until that happens, it is a buyers market IMO.

•••
it's like in the stocks market, when someone make a winning trade, somebody lost money
the chinese craze is probably need a couple of years to reach their peak level

people who need cash, sell them much cheaper in this forum

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back