IT.COM

discuss The 3D Showcase and Discussion

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi everyone! The 3D market appears to be exploding! Record takes at the box office by movies such as Avatar and Alice in Wonderland and the announcement this week of the new 3D TV which is set to hit markets shortly have helped buoy interest in 3D multimedia platforms. Even the major American television network NBC has jumped in and will be broadcasting the NCAA Final Four basketball games in 3D!

A direct beneficiary from this renewed interest and greatly improved 3D technology is the domain business. Some of you had foresight many years ago and reg'd great names early on. Others (myself included) have only become aquainted with 3D domaining more recently, but see the huge potential this market has opened up for domainers.

Let this be the place for you to show off your 3D domain names. Ask for opinions, marketing strategies or even an appraisal or guesstimation of value. Also, feel free to post any relevant news releases/articles related to the 3D industry.

I will start the thread off with a few of my own reg's..

3DHighDefinitionTV.com (also have plural)
3DHomeEntertainment.co.uk
3DHometheaters.org
3DStreamingMovie.com
3DVancouver.com
3DWhistler.com

Saucey. ;)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
3DPrintingShop.com (from DNJ)
$3,354

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
3dprintcustomjobs.com
3dprintingcustomjobs.com

•••
Here's a few of mine .... would love to hear your thoughts on these. ;)

NET
3d Blackjack
3d Pokergame
3d Pokergames

COM
3d Bioimaging
3d-1
3d Virtual Chat
VR News 3d

•••
•••
I thought this term was pretty much dead and buried tbh

•••
•••
I invested heavily in it for a time, after 3 years renewals, tbh didn't really market them, I let them all drop as the industry didn't catch on as I expected it to.

•••
I invested heavily in it for a time, after 3 years renewals, tbh didn't really market them, I let them all drop as the industry didn't catch on as I expected it to.

Shane i am new in this business, i believe you have tons of experience and i will drop it next year as its hand reg in jan 2018

•••
Welcome Isac, I wouldn't just drop it because I 'thought' the term is fading, its just my opinion, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, your domain could be worth thousands to the right person. FWIW I am 'trying' to look to future tech domains/terms that perhaps will hold some value down the line, I'm just not too sure that anything 3d related can be hand regged now that would hold any kind of value.

•••
Footwear3D

Adidas’ latest 3D-printed shoe puts mass production within sight

Adidas unveiled their latest 3D-printed shoe last night, the Futurecraft 4D. The shoe is a huge improvement on their last 3D-printed runners, which were more of a concept than an actual product.

The new version is better suited for mass production – Adidas plans on selling 5,000 pairs this upcoming fall, which will scale up to more than 100,000 pairs by the end of 2018. While the company hasn’t announced the price, expect the first run to still be priced as a limited edition shoe. The first 3D runners retailed for $333, but sold secondhand for many times that.

Read more: https://techcrunch.com/2017/04/07/adidas-latest-3d-printed-shoe-puts-mass-production-within-sight/

•••
Footwear3D

Adidas unveiled their latest 3D-printed shoe last night, the Futurecraft 4D. The shoe is a huge improvement on their last 3D-printed runners, which were more of a concept than an actual product.

The new version is better suited for mass production – Adidas plans on selling 5,000 pairs this upcoming fall, which will scale up to more than 100,000 pairs by the end of 2018. While the company hasn’t announced the price, expect the first run to still be priced as a limited edition shoe. The first 3D runners retailed for $333, but sold secondhand for many times that.

Read more: https://techcrunch.com/2017/04/07/adidas-latest-3d-printed-shoe-puts-mass-production-within-sight/
Still got:

3DPrintedShoes/net
3DPrintableShoes/com
3DPrintedShoes/co.uk

•••
•••
•••
•••
Curious, how is "3-D.ngtld" treated? Poorly since its not .com? Poorly since it has a dash? Or possibly ok, depending on the extension?
(With a regular, non-premium renewal, rate)

Last edited:
•••
Footwear3D

Sold 3DShoe.com for $2k several years ago. Pretty sure I could have gotten at least 10k from the buyer.

•••
•••
Still got:

3DPrintedShoes/net
3DPrintableShoes/com
3DPrintedShoes/co.uk

I think I have 3DPrintedShoes in KING. As I've mentioned before, I sold 3DShoe.com a few years back for $2k and I'm sure I could have got at least 5 times that for it from the buyer.

3D printing isn't going away, it's just that the hype surrounding it was a little overblown. 3D printed shoes are one of the first commercial applications that are really hitting the high street.

As far as 3D names in general are concerned, the coming AR boom (and to some extent VR too) is going to make every good 3D name a potential premium. I still have hundreds of 3D names, I've been dropping the .nets and .orgs but I'm hanging on to my .COMs

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/31/son...picture-feature-for-augmented-reality-ar.html

Last edited:
•••
I think I have 3DPrintedShoes in KING. As I've mentioned before, I sold 3DShoe.com a few years back for $2k and I'm sure I could have got at least 5 times that for it from the buyer.

3D printing isn't going away, it's just that the hype surrounding it was a little overblown. 3D printed shoes are one of the first commercial applications that are really hitting the high street.

As far as 3D names in general are concerned, the coming AR boom (and to some extent VR too) is going to make every good 3D name a potential premium. I still have hundreds of 3D names, I've been dropping the .nets and .orgs but I'm hanging on to my .COMs

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/31/son...picture-feature-for-augmented-reality-ar.html

3DPrintedGames

•••
Not much better eh Weber?

Lol

•••
Just found out about this thread.. My 3D domain regged 1 month ago in my first batch of handregs: 3DRD dot com
RD stands for 'rendering & design' or 'research & development'.

•••
•••
Back