Dynadot

The $2.74 Conspiracy?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

redemo

Mug RuithTop Member
Impact
Message to the average domainer. Stop obsessing about selling and start obsessing about developing. You only need to earn $2.74 each day to profit $1000 in a year from your domain names. So if you have 10 domain names it would be $10000 profit each year. Stop listening to all the hype about selling because it will most likely NEVER happen for you, and you will only realise this once you've lost all your money. Take heed NOW. Register, develop and monetise. Listen clearly, most domainers will FAIL. Nobody wants you to know this because they want to sell you their domains. This message will either be moved, deleted or down-voted or a combination of all three because the sellers can't profit from you. You can free yourselves by investing your time to learn how to develop your domain names into profitable revenue streams and sell later if you so desire. STOP LOSING MONEY, Stop buying worthless domain names. Stop dreaming and start WINNING.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Like I said, free hosting with domain name. Shop around bro.

That free hosting with a domain isn't gonna last... when renewals come. Then there's also obviously 100% free hosting is you don't have any standards... Not gonna cut it...

I mean... Are we discussing a hobby project or an actual business? Scalable and all?

Cos you know... There are domains which are free.

•••
Hosting today ain't gonna break the bank. You can get a cup of coffee for similar amounts in an average restaurant.

If it does break the bank, then hell you have a lot of traffic to sell, therefore you can afford the $ for hosting.

True... It ain't expensive but not free. Well, there are free options but a developer and businesses would need some level of stability and continuity.

Hence my previous question? Is this thread geared towards people looking to learn and dick around with a domain or are we talking a serious profitable business setup? Cos if we are, that $3 for 15 min or work isn't gonna put much food on the table.

•••
True... It ain't expensive but not free. Well, there are free options but a developer and businesses would need some level of stability and continuity.

Hence my previous question? Is this thread geared towards people looking to learn and dick around with a domain or are we talking a serious profitable business setup? Cos if we are, that $3 for 15 min or work isn't gonna put much food on the table.
There are people with frugal mindset that would do anything to get everything for free.

In most cases they find them.

But is it worth it? Not all the time. Often it is far better to spend a just little $ for something better, if you're making money. E.g. on hosting, or seo research etc.

Last edited:
•••
You only need to earn $2.74 each day to profit $1000 in a year from your domain names. So if you have 10 domain names it would be $10000 profit each year.

I mean... C'mon... Even the basic math is off.

There are people with frugal mindset that would do anything to get everything for free.

But is it worth it? Not all the time. Often it is far better to spend a just little $ for something better, if you're making money. E.g. on hosting, or seo research etc.

Take note people.

•••
@redemo

I'm actually a big fan of developing domains but running the numbers on what you claim is easy money just doesn't add up unless you live in a low wage country and don't care about paying your taxes, social security, insurance and what's more.

At $2.74 for 15 min you're better off flipping burgers at McD so why bother?

Last edited:
•••
Baffles me why someone would go onto a 1+ million domainer platform to tell us to never sell domains only develop, if everyone did that there would be no subscribers here paying $10 a month and their would be no auction section, fixed-price section, make-an-offer sections and other sections. So yeah hard to agree with developing takes no money and is easy. The easy part is true for some but it does take time and money to get traffic, the only exception is if you have a one-word domain or xx,xxx domain that get's type in traffic without promotion. I just hate for domainers to buy a bunch of domains never list them to sell, and just develop them hoping for a cash flow that may never come. Just my thoughts.

•••

@branding @twiki I'm saying this, and it's directly aimed at anybody on Namepros with $15 total budget and not a pot to piss in. Aside from registering or buying a domain name you can START FOR FREE. It's out there if you look hard enough, keep asking the right questions to the right people. Aside from the domain, you can start today for free. After your domain is developed the correct way and maintained properly with your time and sweat equity, people will visit your site. At that point, if you have the capital, you could invest in premium softwares, but it's optional. Name a problem and I'll name the free software options for you. Spending money doesn't equal profit, giving a high grade service does. It don't cost nothing but your time. I have encountered, and will continue to encounter hostility. I was, and will continue to be in the minority. But you can do it. 2262 years ago a Greek astronomer called Eratosthenes devised a mathematical solution which led to him estimating the circumference and axial tilt of our planet. This confirmed the theory that Earth was in fact round, rather than flat. Until then the majority opinion of the human race was false. After that, the minority became the majority, and so to will developing domain names. You'll see.

•••
Baffles me why someone would go onto a 1+ million domainer platform to tell us to never sell domains only develop, if everyone did that there would be no subscribers here paying $10 a month and their would be no auction section, fixed-price section, make-an-offer sections and other sections. So yeah hard to agree with developing takes no money and is easy. The easy part is true for some but it does take time and money to get traffic, the only exception is if you have a one-word domain or xx,xxx domain that get's type in traffic without promotion. I just hate for domainers to buy a bunch of domains never list them to sell, and just develop them hoping for a cash flow that may never come. Just my thoughts.
I love you so much, but have never said you shouldn't sell domain names, because then the developers couldn't buy domain names. I'm saying to those who constantly lose money on domain names that there's another option. There's room for compromise, for moderation. I'm sure if many domainers suddenly started making money from developing domain names there'd be a change in hostility to my ideas. Sad thing is once domainers become successful at developing domain names they'll probably lose the motivation to contribute to the forum. Why? Because there's such hostility, and that stifles discussion. Developing domain names for profit is a facet of domaining, whether the majority likes it or not. If you don't like the idea why comment? Not saying don't comment, saying what are you contributing to a cool idea, and progress? Still love you though, more than you'll ever know.

•••
I still don't understand what's all the fuss in this thread.

Can money be made developing? Yeah, has been done and proven.

Can everyone do it? Nay, such as in domaining. Some do, most don't, you need to have certain skills, work and a bit of luck sometimes.

Is it easy? Well, when is making money easy? Perhaps stealin' or something. Or inheriting a castle if you're that lucky.

Is this offtopic? Then tell OP to move to different forum or something. I'd say it depends.

It all depends.

This really gets to be funny. Someone bring some bricks in, they're gonna be needed for all sides soon.

•••
@branding @twiki I'm saying this, and it's directly aimed at anybody on Namepros with $15 total budget and not a pot to piss in. Aside from registering or buying a domain name you can START FOR FREE. It's out there if you look hard enough, keep asking the right questions to the right people. Aside from the domain, you can start today for free. After your domain is developed the correct way and maintained properly with your time and sweat equity, people will visit your site. At that point, if you have the capital, you could invest in premium softwares, but it's optional. Name a problem and I'll name the free software options for you. Spending money doesn't equal profit, giving a high grade service does. It don't cost nothing but your time. I have encountered, and will continue to encounter hostility. I was, and will continue to be in the minority. But you can do it. 2262 years ago a Greek astronomer called Eratosthenes devised a mathematical solution which led to him estimating the circumference and axial tilt of our planet. This confirmed the theory that Earth was in fact round, rather than flat. Until then the majority opinion of the human race was false. After that, the minority became the majority, and so to will developing domain names. You'll see.

Cool... But how does that work for you if you need a net profit of say 3K net/ month to cover your living expenses?

Again, I'm all for developing but your math is all over the place.

So I will repeat my question.... Are you trying to educate people about a side gig to bring in some money or are you talking about business?

Your numbers just don't add up... Why would you develop at a a loss when you can flip burgers and make more?

Edit: worry free, expenses covered, social security. By just flipping burgers. And there's nothing wrong with that. I love a good burger and I've flipped some to get where I am.

Last edited:
•••
I love you so much, but have never said you shouldn't sell domain names, because then the developers couldn't buy domain names. I'm saying to those who constantly lose money on domain names that there's another option. There's room for compromise, for moderation. I'm sure if many domainers suddenly started making money from developing domain names there'd be a change in hostility to my ideas. Sad thing is once domainers become successful at developing domain names they'll probably lose the motivation to contribute to the forum. Why? Because there's such hostility, and that stifles discussion. Developing domain names for profit is a facet of domaining, whether the majority likes it or not. If you don't like the idea why comment? Not saying don't comment, saying what are you contributing to a cool idea, and progress? Still love you though, more than you'll ever know.
Are you saying develop domains or don't renew them if not selling? Was that your point?

•••
@
Cool... But how does that work for you if you need a net profit of say 3K net/ month to cover your living expenses?

Again, I'm all for developing but your math is all over the place.

So I will repeat my question.... Are you trying to educate people about a side gig to bring in some money or are you talking about business?

Your numbers just don't add up... Why would you develop at a a loss when you can flip burgers and make more?

Edit: worry free, expenses covered, social security. By just flipping burgers. And there's nothing wrong with that. I love a good burger and I've flipped some to get where I am.
@branding I'm really starting to lose it with you sweetheart. Seems you're just throwing petrol on the fire for no other reason than you like explosions. I've consistently said you can earn THIRTY CENTS or so each day to earn ONE HUNDRED dollars each year from a TEN DOLLAR domain name registration. Do you want me to add that to my signature or something to reinforce the message.

BUY DOMAIN NAME FOR TEN DOLLARS

EARN THIRTY CENTS EACH DAY

EARN ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS EACH YEAR

There's nothing wrong with flipping burgers. People who like eating burgers but don't like flipping burgers require other people to flip those burgers. Burger flippers are therefore required. Don't knock hard working people who make your life easier.

•••
Are you saying develop domains or don't renew them if not selling? Was that your point?
My point was that I'm going to buy you roses on valentine's day because I love you very much. You are so dear to my heart. Read my posts mate. I'm simply offering an option to all those domainers who might like to develop their domain names, and would otherwise lose all their money and give up. What's so bad about that?

•••
@

@branding I'm really starting to lose it with you sweetheart. Seems you're just throwing petrol on the fire for no other reason than you like explosions. I've consistently said you can earn THIRTY CENTS or so each day to earn ONE HUNDRED dollars each year from a TEN DOLLAR domain name registration. Do you want me to add that to my signature or something to reinforce the message.

BUY DOMAIN NAME FOR TEN DOLLARS

EARN THIRTY CENTS EACH DAY

EARN ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS EACH YEAR

There's nothing wrong with flipping burgers. People who like eating burgers but don't like flipping burgers require other people to flip those burgers. Burger flippers are therefore required. Don't knock hard working people who make your life easier.

Still not answering my questions about basic math. Are we talking business or just hobbyists dicking around trying to make a quick buck on the side for beer money?

I don't knock hard working people at all. I admire them. I'm illustrating how $2.47/15 min just isn't gonna cut it.

Again... I love developing domains but get the basic facts straight. Your numbers don't add up.

Last edited:
•••
My point was that I'm going to buy you roses on valentine's day because I love you very much. You are so dear to my heart. Read my posts mate. I'm simply offering an option to all those domainers who might like to develop their domain names, and would otherwise lose all their money and give up. What's so bad about that?
"Stop obsessing about selling and start obsessing about developing." You say which I find an interesting statement. You could cause people to lose money if they only take part of your advice. If you tell them traffic is free but they find out traffic can and often does cost money, they might spend money developing a domain rather then making a profit selling. However, this is just a thread and not everyone is going to listen to you so no big deal, you are still lovely.

Last edited:
•••
"Stop obsessing about selling and start obsessing about developing." You say which I find an interesting statement. You could cause people to lose money if they only take part of your advice. If you tell them traffic is free but they find out traffic can and often does cost money, they might spend money developing a domain rather then making a profit selling. However, this is just a thread and not everyone is going to listen to you so no big deal, you are still lovely.
Daniel you are one sexy domainer, also highly successful and well respected platinum grade domain industry mogul. Since everything else apart from buying the domain is free the only thing they can lose is hours. Let's be honest those hours would probably be spent sitting on the porch drinking cheap rum and toking the green plant while trash talking everybody. The important thing is to redirect those hours to developing domain names and making dome mint. Love you so deeply xxxxx

•••
Still not answering my questions about basic math. Are we talking business or just hobbyists dicking around trying to make a quick buck on the side for beer money?

I don't knock hard working people at all. I admire them. I'm illustrating how $2.47/15 min just isn't gonna cut it.

Again... I love developing domains but get the basic facts straight. Your numbers don't add up.
Getting very close to putting you on ignore mate. You're just spamming the thread now with made up data to get more responses. If you don't earn jack shiat right now how's it going to hurt you earning $2.47/15? And my number do add up. You're actually just lying now mate. Hope we can still be friends x.

•••
Lovin' this guy attitude... he'll battle anyone and fight for his own ideas like a zoo tiger despite the fact that most of us actually owned and built hundreds of minisites 15-20 years ago when this thing actually worked well. He probably used to run around in Pampers those days but now, hell, he'll teach you what needs to be done in order to make money out of domains. Crazy kiddo, huh?

Well, can you show us some of the sites you built, spent ten minutes a day on each and made you $1,000+ a year? Let's cut off the BS, links please... ty.

•••
Lovin' this guy attitude... he'll battle anyone and fight for his own ideas like a zoo tiger despite the fact that most of us actually owned and built hundreds of minisites 15-20 years ago when this thing actually worked well. He probably used to run around in Pampers those days but now, hell, he'll teach you what needs to be done in order to make money out of domains. Crazy kiddo, huh?

Well, can you show us some of the sites you built, spent ten minutes a day on each and made you $1,000+ a year? Let's cut off the BS, links please... ty.
The system works. You know it works. $10 registration equals $90 profit. 30 cents each day. Read the guide mate. Not answering questions I've already answered. Developing instead of flipping.

Last edited:
•••
The system works. You know it works. $10 registration equals $90 profit. 30 cents each day. Read the guide mate. Not answering questions I've already answered. Developing instead of flipping.

I don't think people have questions, so much as they want some proof of your claims. You won't link to any example sites (weird, but ok).

You could at least show them some screenshots of your AdSense or affiliate accounts to show this .30 a day.

•••
First of all I’m a developer, not a domain investor
If you think you don’t need any capital or marketing your just pulling shit out of your ass.

In your so called post about how to develop a domain you literally point out that you need to market and buy advertising..

I have read it lol it’s nothing new it is basic points that almost everyone here probably already knows… you still have to put in the work.

Chill, he's not asking us to make the next Google or Amazon.
A simple content blog, filled with self-written unique articles can do the trick. It won't be a sudden over night wonder and you won't be bombarded with 10k traffic suddenly but it is not impossible to achieve that within a year or two years.
I did flip a few websites in the past by writing my own articles (approx 30-35) and then waiting for Google to do the trick. In a year, flipped then for $xxx and a few for $xxxx.

I do admit, one needs to have patience & consistency while writing an article and it takes time to do research because you just can't put garbage and expect people to share the link of your content blog on other websites. So the challenge is to create appealing, genuine, helpful and unique content.

Thanks @redemo for igniting the spark of developing content blogs again. I just got a very good idea for one of my domain names, not gonna sell it now but will develop a content blog on it.

EDIT:
Btw, my 1st site I flipped was in 2009 I think, it was a simple "business tips" blog running on Wordpress 2.8 iirc and I flipped it for $90 (yes, just 90! I was naive back then) but it acted as a catalyst then. The only difference now is, I do not have time to write my own articles and the stake of getting bread at the end of the day for my family is more.
So stability in incoming cashflow excites me more rather than jumping into the abyss of hopes of flipping it for a good amount. But will try out one anyways :p

Last edited:
•••
Getting very close to putting you on ignore mate. You're just spamming the thread now with made up data to get more responses. If you don't earn jack shiat right now how's it going to hurt you earning $2.47/15? And my number do add up. You're actually just lying now mate. Hope we can still be friends x.

1. What data did I make up?
2. Where am I lying?

I've only been asking some sincere questions in this thread. Sure, if you make nothing, $10/hour is a welcome number. Every $ counts. That's how I made it through Uni, that's how a lot of people around the world make ends meet.

That's why I have been asking for clarification whether you think this can be scaled up and whether we're talking business or hobby.

•••
You won't link to any example sites (weird, but ok).
It would take an hour for a smart domain name developer to clone my sites and ruin all my hard work, hundreds of hours. Not a chance.

•••
You could at least show them some screenshots of your AdSense or affiliate accounts to show this .30 a day.
That's a fair point. Also here is the answer. You can rest assured when a website receives 200 very focused visitors in a day that very focused advert clicks worth 30 cents will happen. I can link you to thousands of examples. Or are you saying EVERY publisher is lying? It's simple mathematics. Laws of logic. Why not ask questions about the technical process, if indeed you are interested in trying it?

•••
1. What data did I make up?
2. Where am I lying?

I've only been asking some sincere questions in this thread. Sure, if you make nothing, $10/hour is a welcome number. Every $ counts. That's how I made it through Uni, that's how a lot of people around the world make ends meet.

That's why I have been asking for clarification whether you think this can be scaled up and whether we're talking business or hobby.
That's a more balanced reply mate. I'm talking only about making profit from domain name registrations instead of registering and letting them expire with zero profit. So, again, I'm talking about spending $ 10s and earning $ 100s from every registration. Nothing more. I'm saying I've done it, thousands of others have done it, and thousands more can do it. If it's not true then why does Adsense exist?

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back