IT.COM

The $2.74 Conspiracy?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

redemo

Mug RuithTop Member
Impact
Message to the average domainer. Stop obsessing about selling and start obsessing about developing. You only need to earn $2.74 each day to profit $1000 in a year from your domain names. So if you have 10 domain names it would be $10000 profit each year. Stop listening to all the hype about selling because it will most likely NEVER happen for you, and you will only realise this once you've lost all your money. Take heed NOW. Register, develop and monetise. Listen clearly, most domainers will FAIL. Nobody wants you to know this because they want to sell you their domains. This message will either be moved, deleted or down-voted or a combination of all three because the sellers can't profit from you. You can free yourselves by investing your time to learn how to develop your domain names into profitable revenue streams and sell later if you so desire. STOP LOSING MONEY, Stop buying worthless domain names. Stop dreaming and start WINNING.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@Joe N Are you making a year-on-year profit from your domain name investing?

•••
@Joe N Are you making a year-on-year profit from your domain name investing?
A modest one, yes. I lost money in my first year, but have been able to turn a profit since then.

•••
Here's my plan for £2000 each month

1) Register 10 x key word domain names; £10/ea (£100)

2) Develop 10 x domain names into web sites

3) Build traffic to developed domain name

4) Earn £6.66/ea each day from banners or adverts; 10 portals (£2000/mo - £20000/ye)

then............

5) Sell each portal for £1000/ea (£10000)

and buy an African Grey talking parrot

Last edited:
•••
Here's my plan for £2000 each month

1) Register 10 x key word domain names; £10/ea (£100)

2) Develop 10 x domain names into web sites

3) Build traffic to developed domain name

4) Earn £6.66/ea each day from banners or adverts; 10 portals (£2000/mo - £20000/ye)

then............

5) Sell each portal for £1000/ea (£10000)
Sounds pretty straight-forward. :)

With my blog, I think my biggest hurdle was traffic building. I tend to be pretty cynical when it comes to social media... I see right through all the crap people post as click bait in an attempt to gain a following. So for me, the only legit way to build traffic would have been consistent and quality engagements with online communities (something like what @Bob Hawkes does here and on Twitter). I just find that I don't have the motivation to do it consistently and over a long period of time. And if I did... how much would I stand to gain financially from my blog? Would it be worth all my time?

•••
Sounds pretty straight-forward. :)

With my blog, I think my biggest hurdle was traffic building. I tend to be pretty cynical when it comes to social media... I see right through all the crap people post as click bait in an attempt to gain a following. So for me, the only legit way to build traffic would have been consistent and quality engagements with online communities (something like what @Bob Hawkes does here and on Twitter). I just find that I don't have the motivation to do it consistently and over a long period of time. And if I did... how much would I stand to gain financially from my blog? Would it be worth all my time?
For me

it's all about registering a £10 domain name and earning £1000 before it expires. \

That's sure worth my time.

Related question, how much time do you waste that you could re-assign to register develop monetise activities?

Re-assign your time and re-work your daily habits to create an unstoppable success machine.

You can do it mate!

imo

Last edited:
•••
For me

it's all about registering a £10 domain name and earning £1000 before it expires. \

That's sure worth my time.

Related question, how much time do you waste that you could re-assign to register develop monetise activities?

Re-assign your time and re-work your daily habits to create an unstoppable success machine.

You can do it mate!

imo
Well... I don't want to do it.

I don't consider any of my time to be wasted, because I spend it on things that matter to me. Development is cool, but not something that really interests me (as it turns out).

So out of curiosity, how much time do you end up putting into a project that will net you $1,000 after a year?

•••
Well... I don't want to do it.

I don't consider any of my time to be wasted, because I spend it on things that matter to me. Development is cool, but not something that really interests me (as it turns out).

So out of curiosity, how much time do you end up putting into a project that will net you $1,000 after a year?
Good question bro!

My workflow output for a newly developed domain name;

is timed at around 9 hours/d.n.

That's the full design, pictures, optimised and filled with six or eight posts

After that it's one post every week for 50 weeks;

each post takes maybe 20 or 30 min to include the banner adverts and text adverts

Then on top of that round about 2 hours technical oversight /mo/d.n.

So a round figure could be 9hr plus 30-by-50(1600-div-60)25hr plus 2/hr-by-12/mo(24hr)

58 hours for £1000

£17.25/hr well above the U.K. min hourly rate which is £9.18;

in fact double would be £18.36 so it is in fact near enough double

you'll need to earn advert fees of £2.74/day

that's it

imo

•••
Good question bro!

My workflow output for a newly developed domain name;

is timed at around 9 hours/d.n.

That's the full design, pictures, optimised and filled with six or eight posts

After that it's one post every week for 50 weeks;

each post takes maybe 20 or 30 min to include the banner adverts and text adverts

Then on top of that round about 2 hours technical oversight /mo/d.n.

So a round figure could be 9hr plus 30-by-50(1600-div-60)25hr plus 2/hr-by-12/mo(24hr)

58 hours for £1000

£17.25/hr well above the U.K. min hourly rate which is £9.18;

in fact double would be £18.36 so it is in fact near enough double

you'll need to earn advert fees of £2.74/day

that's it

imo
Cool. Thanks for the info and breakdown.

This might be a bit of an ignorant question, but how do you get people to come to the site and click on the ads? Is it just a case of "build it and they will come"?

•••

This might be a bit of an ignorant question, but how do you get people to come to the site and click on the ads? Is it just a case of "build it and they will come"?
Well, sure, something like that. I'm past tipsy now mate.

•••
Well, sure, something like that. I'm past tipsy now mate.
Happy to hear some more technical detail of how this works when you sober up.

•••

Your perfect visitor from any traffic source

1) speaks English

2) has a problem

3) needs a solution

4) can afford to pay for it

............ and the rest is A.I.D.A.

Most visitors will definitely NOT click on banners or links

A minority WILL click on banners or links, and you need a day target (mine's £2.74)

Last edited:
•••
Your perfect visitor from any traffic source

1) speaks English

2) has a problem

3) needs a solution

4) can afford to pay for it

............ and the rest is A.I.D.A.

Most visitors will definitely NOT click on banners or links

A minority WILL click on banners or links, and you need a day target (mine's £2.74)
So how does one go about getting traffic to your site? Especially in more competitive fields, and when your site is far away from the first couple pages in a Google search result.

•••
So how does one go about getting traffic to your site? Especially in more competitive fields, and when your site is far away from the first couple pages in a Google search result.
Too broad a question mate. Which traffic source? Cheers.

•••
Too broad a question mate. Which traffic source? Cheers.
Heck, I don't know. I really know next to nothing about developing a site. Isn't any kind of traffic good? I mean... organic traffic?

•••
Which specific part of organic ranking do you need help with mate? I'm not going to post a comprehensive guide about this because Google has done it already, and you can search their help data base for any questions. That said, I'm here if you need up-to-date advice about a specific step. I would give the same answer if you asked what are the ways to win at chess?

Last edited:
•••
If domain have traffic simple domain parking give more revenue

I try many times develop traffic domains

And better one good project than 100 shits

•••
If domain have traffic simple domain parking give more revenue
Well, it sure depends on the domain name in question, don't it? Remember you have limited control over a domain parking page. If you developed the domain name yourself you can replicate the domain parking page, and slowly create a web site, while earning from your domain traffic. In fact, you've just given me an idea which is to do exactly that! Cheers mate.
I try many times develop traffic domains
It's not that hard, what do you need help with bruh? Not private messages, just ask here and I'll answer here. Please be specific. Too many people ask too broad questions of this topic. Best way to win is break your war plan down into battles and then into attacks. Once you know what your war plan is, the battles each make sense and you can focus just on the individual attacks.
And better one good project than 100 shits
That's the truth, one high quality developed domain name will beat one hundred low quality domain names all day, weekends and bank holidays too.

•••
Which specific part of organic ranking do you need help with mate? I'm not going to post a comprehensive guide about this because Google has done it already, and you can search their help data base for any questions. That said, I'm here if you need up-to-date advice about a specific step. I would give the same answer if you asked what are the ways to win at chess?
So you're offering help with the assumption that anyone who asks already has a very good idea of what they're doing...?

Last edited:
•••
I'm assuming that you're able to use a search engine? and I'm quite confident that you are continuing to avoid asking a specific technical question. My time is valuable, and you're wasting it now. So you've made it onto my ignore list, for now.
So you're offering help with the assumption that anyone who asks already has a very good idea of what they're doing...?

•••
I'm assuming that you're able to use a search engine? and I'm quite confident that you are continuing to avoid asking a specific technical question. My time is valuable, and you're wasting it now. So you've made it onto my ignore list, for now.
Lots of bluster in this thread and no actual help yet in five pages of posts. I ask a genuine question as someone who knows next to nothing on this topic, and am told to do a Google search?

Shameful. And highly ironic from someone who accuses people of providing no value on the forum. Yes, go hide your head in the sand. Probably for the best.

•••
Lots of bluster in this thread and no actual help yet in five pages of posts. I ask a genuine question as someone who knows next to nothing on this topic, and am told to do a Google search?

Shameful. And highly ironic from someone who accuses people of providing no value on the forum. Yes, go hide your head in the sand. Probably for the best.
What's your question, pal?

Last edited:
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
A few options - you can firstly buy a domain with a good backlink profile / SEO metrics that is still indexed on Google, rebuild the site using a tool like https://archivarix.com/en or something similar, add new regular new content, building out a Social Media presence - this still shows positive signs to Google, build out more backlinks proactively and go from there......

The second option is to buy a good quality domain with natural type in traffic and g from there......

Option 3 - hand reg a domain, build a website that has a LOT of content written before publishing, preferably long form content 1,500 words+ - I had 15,000 words done before launch and looking back should of had 25,000+ words.... focus on long tail keywords initially ( https://www.semrush.com/blog/how-to-choose-long-tail-keywords/ ) less competition, more buyer intent, more targeted advertising and play the long game

Again Social Media can speed up traffic to the site - FB, Insta, TikTok, Pinterest, Reddit etc etc - use Reddit carefully so as not to appear spammy or to promotional

Use the top business directory listings, if you have a budget get video content on the site, with the proper SEO and on your Social Media channels

Publish old content on LinkedIn, try and get on podcasts, outreach for guest blogging (slightly harder to do with a new site, but if your sites content is good then that helps)

Use Quora to answer questions related to niche, with a link to an article on the subject - can be a short form article covering that aspect that can be knocked out quickly for example - also use sites like Flipboard and Medium to syndicate your content......

You can also use paid ad's - do the homework, work out the cost's compared to your own ad revenue and go from there

The above is very generic, not very detailed, lot's of info out there, but if you Google some of the above or increasing website traffic there is some really good resources out there

There is no quick fix and it depends on what your targets are financially - for me $2.74 would not cut the daily mustard - I want to be earning xx,xxx monthly in the mid to long term and as such have planned for the long term

Last edited:
•••
A few options - you can firstly buy a domain with a good backlink profile / SEO metrics that is still indexed on Google, rebuild the site using a tool like https://archivarix.com/en or something similar, add new regular new content, building out a Social Media presence - this still shows positive signs to Google, build out more backlinks proactively and go from there......

The second option is to buy a good quality domain with natural type in traffic and g from there......

Option 3 - hand reg a domain, build a website that has a LOT of content written before publishing, preferably long form content 1,500 words+ - I had 15,000 words done before launch and looking back should of had 25,000+ words.... focus on long tail keywords initially ( https://www.semrush.com/blog/how-to-choose-long-tail-keywords/ ) less competition, more buyer intent, more targeted advertising and play the long game

Again Social Media can speed up traffic to the site - FB, Insta, TikTok, Pinterest, Reddit etc etc - use Reddit carefully so as not to appear spammy or to promotional

Use the top business directory listings, if you have a budget get video content on the site, with the proper SEO and on your Social Media channels

Publish old content on LinkedIn, try and get on podcasts, outreach for guest blogging (slightly harder to do with a new site, but if your sites content is good then that helps)

Use Quora to answer questions related to niche, with a link to an article on the subject - can be a short form article covering that aspect that can be knocked out quickly for example - also use sites like Flipboard and Medium to syndicate your content......

You can also use paid ad's - do the homework, work out the cost's compared to your own ad revenue and go from there

The above is very generic, not very detailed, lot's of info out there, but if you Google some of the above or increasing website traffic there is some really good resources out there

There is no quick fix and it depends on what your targets are financially - for me $2.74 would not cut the daily mustard - I want to be earning xx,xxx monthly in the mid to long term and as such have planned for the long term
That's a great post. Thanks @NickB. How difficult is it to get traffic if you're completely ignoring the social media, outreach, and advertising angles?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back