IT.COM

registrars Take renewal years of a domain and give to other domains (Suggestion)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DomainNature

Top Member
Impact
Hello
Want to give a suggestion, maybe Registrars will have to consult with ICANN and Registry to implement this.
The idea is to be able take one year from renewed domains which one considers no longer important (he may renewed it at max by mistake) and give that year to another domain, this possibility will be limited until such domain will remain months of expiration, in this way I would like to take renewal years and give them to other more important domains.
If i post in wrong area please move to proper, thank you.
I post on NP's because not sure where else to bring awareness of such idea.
You have to agree that we all do such mistakes, mostly in beginning of domaining.
edit: of course the domains must be at the same registrar!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello
Want to give a suggestion, maybe Registrars will have to consult with ICANN and Registry to implement this.
The idea is to be able take one year from renewed domains which one considers no longer important (he may renewed it at max by mistake) and give that year to another domain, this possibility will be limited until such domain will remain months of expiration, in this way I would like to take renewal years and give them to other more important domains.
You have to agree that we all do such mistakes, mostly in beginning of domaining.

Why would any registrar want to do this, even if somehow ICANN agreed?

There seem to be a lot of posts lately that advocate for things that are great for domainers, but bring 0 value to anyone else.

What about a sale guarantee? If our domains don't sell, we can give them back for a refund of any fees paid while we had it? These both sound like great ideas to me. Hopefully the registrars like the ideas too.

•••
Hello

Or just don't renew in advance, put the money in your piggy bank and use that to renew domains important to you when renewal comes up?

There's no real problem here in need of a solution, especially when it's at the expense of a registrar/registry.

•••
I m warning If ICANN will not implement my requests, I will take only one secret related domain from my secret portfolio and redirect it to their Reptiloid ORG website, I m sure the Reptiloids who rule them will not be happy as a result of the consequences that will follow. :ROFL::xf.cool:

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back