domains Swetha posts two $50K + .xyz domain name sales led by Artemis.xyz

NameSilo
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact

Swetha is at it again with some great prices for keywords that might not be at the top of the spectrum. Artemis.xyz sold for $53,899 and Pluto.xyz sold for $50,904. Once again great job and congrats to the Queen of .xyz. artemis.xyz 53,899 USD 2022-03-29 Swetha.xyz pluto.xyz 50,904 USD 2022-03-29 Swetha.xyz moonstone.xyz 9,888 USD 2022-03-29 […]
Continue Reading

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I wouldn't be too upset about missing the train unless you had the capital to invest in 20k+ domains. For most people, that alone is not even realistic.

u should be upset missing out on 500k plus in monthly sales now.. as rough guess based on sales she posts..and from looks of it..

as for capital..well I guess she started ragging em at 10cent a pop to 1usd.. back in 2015...small folio first.. so minimal renew fees..maybe few sales to break even.. who knows

either way. xyz are cheap. so I think overall capital needed over years.. with increasing sales.. was doable for most.. now its pure profit millions.. nice.

•••
If it makes you feel any better I turned down a five figure sale not to long ago.

right let me guess for a xyz name huh? u sure it wasn't 7fig?

•••
•••
I wouldn't be too upset about missing the train unless you had the capital to invest in 20k+ domains. For most people, that alone is not even realistic.

Exactly. A lot of people just see her awesome sales, but we have no idea in reality what her real profit (if any). I assume there is a profit, though, for sure. But starting in 2014, keeping and renewing a portfolio of 20k, is not a joke. That's a hundreds of thousands of investment, and it's BEFORE she started to make any money. Hats off to her for hard work and determination, but to choke over her assumed astronomical profit is just not the right thing.

•••
Exactly. A lot of people just see her awesome sales, but we have no idea in reality what her real profit (if any). I assume there is a profit, though, for sure. But starting in 2014, keeping and renewing a portfolio of 20k, is not a joke. That's a hundreds of thousands of investment, and it's BEFORE she started to make any money. Hats off to her for hard work and determination, but to choke over her assumed astronomical profit is just not the right thing.

if u think she had 20k names since 2014 then u know nothing.

but I guess we already knew u know nothing when u said ...if any profit at all... while she keeps reporting 6fig total sales weekly. lol

•••
right let me guess for a xyz name huh? u sure it wasn't 7fig?

A .com in the recreation vertical. Have had three other offers since, currently negotiating by email.

cloffer7.png

Every large sale requires some amount of time and negotiation, I think @DNGear is doing a good job promoting and selling a new tld. I also think her success is good for everyone.

•••
if u think she had 20k names since 2014 then u know nothing.

but I guess we already knew u know nothing when u said ...if any profit at all... while she keeps reporting 6fig total sales weekly. lol

You do realize that profit is turnover minus expenses, to put it simply? We don't know her expenses. We already know you are cumming hard just hearing a 5fig sale report from her, and probably having a special button on your computer about ''missed train for everybody, except Swedha'' (you are always writing the same thing). But it doesn't mean we know her real profit over the period of a few years, that's it.
Obviously she didn't buy 20k names at once, but .xyz started in 2014, so it's logical to assume that she was active from that time, having that many quality xyz names now. And good for her.

Last edited:
•••
Agree with Alcy. Swetha hasnt owned all 20,000 since concëption. She has the one I sold Chris, who sold it to her.
We dropped a lot, one mans junk may be the queens gold.
20,000 is minor anyways . Like saying top 20,000 .com are held by one person so the .com party is over.
Keep buying folks, i see a 4L .xyz buyout like .biz back the the.day
3 word xyz will be hard to find soon.

•••
xyz sales topping by far com and everyting else

Not everything else because no xyz sale (nor anything else) can top "top" since "top" can not be topped ... fact.

Last edited:
•••
It is female domination boys :)

Last edited:
•••
Seriously though Pluto.xyz for $50,904 USD?

Pluto is only registered in 211 extensions. You can buy Pluto.bz for $19.99 right now.

Or Pluto.win for $420.

What company is dropping $50k for an XYZ domain? I agree, the sales team is phenomenal. Hopefully all this speculative action will increase the values of other extensions.

•••
If someone can make sales more power to them.

Though this is kind of an outlier situation. It is not like every domain investor is making $50K sales frequently.
In fact, I think it is safe to assume the majority of domain investors are losing money.

It is a hard business. There is no real path to follow. You have to make your own way and in this case @DNGear did that.

Brad
I appreciate the kind words and support everyone. I'm purging everything but my 50 best names on Godaddy . Whatever doesn't sell I will let expire no sense in renewing something if I'm not confident it has a buyer.

•••
Seriously though Pluto.xyz for $50,904 USD?

Pluto is only registered in 211 extensions. You can buy Pluto.bz for $19.99 right now.

Or Pluto.win for $420.

What company is dropping $50k for an XYZ domain? I agree, the sales team is phenomenal. Hopefully all this speculative action will increase the values of other extensions.

Same morons dropping ethereums like its nothing for nfts

•••
As well as a large and superb quality inventory that she has assembled over a number of years, one thing that Swetha does well is, as far as I can see, she has BIN priced almost her entire inventory and has her names all listed at the major marketplaces and an operational lander. If she can do it with almost 20,000 names, surely any of us should be able to do that with our own portfolios.

I am surprised how many solid names I look into (various TLDs) either have no operational lander, or one that does not give price information. I think "this domain name may be for sale" is overused by some. Just my opinion. Many business owners hate dealing with domain investors. It is a fact. Give them a way to make the transaction fast and easy. Decide what your name is worth. Show that buy-it-now price, and make it easy for them to click and make the purchase. If you want, have a make offer option as well.

Congratulations to @DNGear on yet more fantastic sales of great domain names. And thanks @equity78 for continuing to keep us informed.

Best wishes for sales everyone.

Bob

•••
•••
I assume I don't have to like you as long as I am civil to you. Just posting that by itself came across as quite snarky. I've had a very hard life and it's just frustrating no matter how much I grind, how hard I try feels like the needle barely moves. There was a lengthy rant here but I need to focus and keep pushing. Arguing with strangers on the internet is a waste of energy.

Last edited:
•••
I assume I don't have to like you as long as I am civil to you. Just posting that by itself came across as quite snarky. I've had a very hard life and it's just frustrating no matter how much I grind, how hard I try feels like the needle barely moves. There was a lengthy rant here but I need to focus and keep pushing. Arguing with strangers on the internet is a waste of energy.

well she is very proud of her work and achievement. she has the right. it can even boost ego..she has right too.. it's her ego not yours.

I'm happy.for her..what bugs me a bit is newbies and even more experienced domainers getting excited thinking they can duplicate her results. which with 20k folio covering all most sellable names... they can't duplicate jackbum.

anyway.. there are trains coming and going all time in domains..and most we miss..its just in her case its bit special cause that drain wasn't a niche like vr or crypto..but a whole extension.

•••

If people are doing good in the business that is great, but posting that link without context does seem like kind of a passive-aggressive dig IMO, especially after what was said earlier in this thread. It might or might not be intended that way, but that is just how it comes off to me.

With that said, not every business is for everyone. There are many people more intelligent than me, but that doesn't mean they would be better in this field. There are many people less intelligent who are far more successful in the field.

It is just a fact of life that hard work doesn't always yield results unfortunately. There are endless other factors in play some within your control and many outside your control.

If what you are doing is not working, try to figure out why, and come up with a better plan. There is no "failure" if you learn and grow.

One of my favorite quotes is by Thomas Edison -

In response to a question about his missteps, Edison once said, “I have not failed 10,000 times—I’ve successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work.”

•••
If people are doing good in the business that is great, but posting that link without context does seem like kind of a passive-aggressive dig IMO, especially after what was said earlier in this thread. It might or might not be intended that way, but that is just how it comes off to me.

With that said, not every business is for everyone. There are many people more intelligent than me, but that doesn't mean they would be better in this field. There are many people less intelligent who are far more successful in the field.

It is just a fact of life that hard work doesn't always yield results unfortunately. There are endless other factors in play some within your control and many outside your control.

If what you are doing is not working, try to figure out why, and come up with a better plan. There is no "failure" if you learn and grow.

One of my favorite quotes is by Thomas Edison -

In response to a question about his missteps, Edison once said, “I have not failed 10,000 times—I’ve successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work.”

I appreciate your kind words and reply. Still keeping names related to my business and ones I see resale value in I will work on making available. Just going to make domaining a smaller part of my life again. Seeing all those huge number sales on a regular basis was triggering my overall life envy. I got home from the Military. Struggled to find work and backed into entrepreneurship. I co-founded a couple different tech startups. Had a some success on the internet then my life imploded from fraud and health problems. I've tried other ventures but lack of capital has always been a challenge and i'm pretty convinced I am unhireable at this point so all I can do is roll up my sleeves and keep going. I know none of you asked for my life story but I am a open book. I've been a fighter my whole life a stubborn son of a bitch lol

•••
I appreciate your kind words and reply. Still keeping names related to my business and ones I see resale value in I will work on making available. Just going to make domaining a smaller part of my life again. Seeing all those huge number sales on a regular basis was triggering my overall life envy. I got home from the Military. Struggled to find work and backed into entrepreneurship. I co-founded a couple different tech startups. Had a some success on the internet then my life imploded from fraud and health problems. I've tried other ventures but lack of capital has always been a challenge and i'm pretty convinced I am unhireable at this point so all I can do is roll up my sleeves and keep going. I know none of you asked for my life story but I am a open book. I've been a fighter my whole life a stubborn son of a bitch lol
Thanks for sharing. I wish you the best.

Sooner or later that hard work will pay off. If not in this field, in another one.

Brad

•••

I don't think this was directed at you, as much as the people who are criticizing Swetha personally.

As a practical matter, from what I understand, many of her domains have premium renewal fees. She could not maintain her portfolio without working hard to make sales.

We all have ups and downs and our outlook can change based on where we are on those hills. Stay positive, don't be afraid to make mistakes but acknowledge those mistakes as quickly as possible and move forward.

Last edited:
•••
I don't think this was directed at you, as much as the people who are criticizing Swetha personally.

As a practical matter, from what I understand, many of her domains have premium renewal fees. She could not maintain her portfolio without working hard to make sales.

We all have ups and downs and our outlook can change based on where we are on those hills. Stay positive, don't be afraid to make mistakes but acknowledge those mistakes as quickly as possible and move forward.

I didn't mean to criticize anyone except some acting blindfolded.
I never did before.
All my domains are having standard renewals.
(Except 1 domain)

•••
I didn't mean to criticize anyone except some acting blindfolded.
Replied to the wrong person.

I didn't think it was personal criticism. More power too you, keep up the good work.

I never did before.
All my domains are having standard renewals.
(Except 1 domain)

Last edited:
•••
One thing that helps is not reading about others' sales before/ after seeing an inbox full of only domain expiration/ renewal notices instead of "congratulations! You've sold..." messages.

Expectations and comparison can be destructive mindsets in domaining.

•••

then u understand nothing cause she makes it a point to say it in almost her every post all her names are standard renew fees hehe

•••
Back