domains Swetha makes 4 black friday .xyz sales led by Caliente.xyz

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact

Swetha registered 4 .xyz sales on Black Friday. These were not of the $20,000 plus variety but great prices for the keyword and .xyz in my opinion. caliente.xyz 4,995 USD The other thing I thought about that’s kind […]
Continue Reading

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
This is so nice to read :)

Instead of listening to only .com "pros" on domaining forums in past few years, Swetha was actually independent thinker and used her vision to build very healthy new gTLD porfolio. Others are just starting to catching up now, franticly registering word1word2 .xyz names, when they had opportunity to grab best 1 worders for years directly in front of their eyes. But with herd thinking you can not see.

Well deserved :)

•••
This is so nice to read :)

Instead of listening to only .com "pros" on domaining forums in past few years, Swetha was actually independent thinker and used her vision to build very healthy new gTLD porfolio. Others are just starting to catching up now, franticly registering word1word2 .xyz names, when they had opportunity to grab best 1 worders for years directly in front of their eyes. But with herd thinking you can not see.

Grabbing many thousands domains and renewing them for years when the ''wave'' is only on the horizon (if any) ? No, thanks. Way too risky. Also many thousand dollar investments. I am glad she is selling (as I mentioned in another post), however we have no idea if she is making profit now or still catching up on her investment.

On top, so far .xyz sales are mainly tech, crypto, NFT, and some brandables. Anything outside of this is standing still. So, I'd be extremely careful here with the assumption that ''one-worders'' are gone and ''we lost the train''. If xyz continues to deliver as a more ''niche'' extension, I'd gladly take 2 more specific words (and there are still many of them!), rather than one unrelated.

I hope .xyz will really takes off, then I'll be fine with my small portfolio of 120+ .xyz domains (one-words, 4 letters and some popular niche two words).

Last edited:
•••

How many XYZs have you sold recently and how many do you own?

I can't see any .xyz domains on your website.

•••
How many XYZs have you sold recently and how many do you own?

I can't see any .xyz domains on your website.
And so what? I just congratulated Swetha :) I invested in different new gTLD extensions, but can fully appreciate how very succesful and visionary she is. I personally missed .xyz train (which was directly in front of my eyes), but I guess I can not have everything, lol.

•••
Grabbing many thousands domains and renewing them for years when the ''wave'' is only on the horizon (if any) ?
Yes, exactly this you need to do when you want to be massively succesful. Otherwise you are just chasing an ambulance, which is long gone. I wish you lot of success though with your small .xyz portfolio :)

•••
And so what? I just congratulated Swetha :) I invested in different new gTLD extensions, but can fully appreciate how very succesful and visionary she is. I personally missed .xyz train (which was directly in front of my eyes), but I guess I can not have everything, lol.
Your analysis of the situation is incorrect (people franticly registering xyz, building a healthy portfolio...19k XYZ domains hello??????). Your post serves only to persuade people to invest unwisely.

Also I take issue with the incessant mocking of pretty much everyone on this forum by putting ""pros"".

I checked out your site and I see that your domains are selling so fast that you've taken them off the market until the arbitrary date of 'summer 2029'. So you yourself are sat on a portfolio that even you've decided you can't shift, not exactly a shining example.

It's just one piece of unevidenced mocking and conjecture after another. Not everyone wants to be sat on thousands of domains they can't shift until 2029 when they likely still won't be able to shift them then.

I asked how many XYZ you've got and how many you sold because you can only say what you've said with any kind've authority when you've done it successfully yourself, until then it's just words of mockery that will potentially lead to a lot of money loss for onlookers and newbies. There's no point in saying something is so wise when it actuality there's not any evidence for it being the case.

Last edited:
•••
Yes, exactly this you need to do when you want to be massively succesful. Otherwise you are just chasing an ambulance, which is long gone. I wish you lot of success though with your small .xyz portfolio :)

If your ''massive success'' is measured by only knowing few random sales numbers, without seeing and understanding one's full picture strategy - registration, renewal, marketing and other costs, the holding time, the investment strategy etc (or at least major part of it) - then no, I better pass on your ''massive success''. She's been holding many thousands of domain names for years and started to sell last year only. No one knows if her sales will catch up on her investment fast enough or renewal costs will dissolve the profit. I wish her luck of course. But it's quite funny looking on people like you that choke on pure numbers. It's like going to expensive restaurant, paying $200 bill, and assuming they are ''massively successful''.

Otherwise you are just chasing an ambulance, which is long gone.

If someone is chasing an ambulance - he doesn't need one. For the other part comparison is pure stupid - huge number domainers successfully have been doing this for many years with dot com - that's the nature of this business.

I wish you lot of success though with your small .xyz portfolio :)
My .xyz ''part'' of the portfolio. Thank you. Good luck to you too with the extentions 99% of people and companies never heard of. (y)(y)

Last edited:
•••
Your analysis of the situation is incorrect (people franticly registering xyz, building a healthy portfolio...19k XYZ domains hello??????). Your post serves only to persuade people to invest unwisely.

Also I take issue with the incessant mocking of pretty much everyone on this forum by putting ""pros"".

I checked out your site and I see that your domains are selling so fast that you've taken them off the market until the arbitrary date of 'summer 2029'. So you yourself are sat on a portfolio that even you've decided you can't shift, not exactly a shining example.

It's just one piece of unevidenced mocking and conjecture after another. Not everyone wants to be sat on thousands of domains they can't shift until 2029 when they likely still won't be able to shift them then.

I asked how many XYZ you've got and how many you sold because you can only say what you've said with any kind've authority when you've done it successfully yourself, until then it's just words of mockery that will potentially lead to a lot of money loss for onlookers and newbies. There's no point in saying something is so wise when it actuality there's not any evidence for it being the case.

Zion closed his forum, so I’ll reply to you here, as it seems appropriate

35 years ago, what would have candy.com sold for ^ and what is it worth today ^ time is an incredibly powerful thing

Caliente.xyz has made the .com more valuable if the enduser ever decided to resell ^ every time we see a domain sale wether it is a new extension or the .com it adds value to the “keyword” in question

~

I’m not sure where you’ve been the last year, NFT became a hot word and major cryptocurrency companies don’t even own their .com ... bitcoin.org ethereum.org tron.network chain.link uniswap.io polkadot.network ^ all together that’s $100B in market value for those companies ...

Many of these new age platforms are not using .com / because many of these platforms are run by people who didn’t know about domains 20 years ago much less 10 years ago ... A lot of brilliant people are now coming into the picture

I know people today whom can afford to put a billboard up in Timesquare and advertise a GTLD, because they can ...

And that is not a cheap nor easy feat,

nft.nyc

The world is on a continuous path of innovation, some things work, some don’t - the internet is ever-growing at an astounding 380M domains in circulation according to ICANN ^ before the pandemic, over 100,000 business’ were created everyday ... to be successful in any business today, you have to have an “online presence” ... so now you understand why .com domains are going up in value ^ and GTLDs are starting to gain traction ^ $200 ^ $500 within this year alone for (average market pricing) on .xyz domains ... that’s an incredible ROI ^ if it was a stock, well that would be a very nice year indeed ^

PS ^ you asked me how many .xyz domains I have sold, none

My father and I own

wines.xyz & whiskey.xyz

On other .extensions - I have generated a decent 2500% + in the last 5 years alone

That is just “domains” and none of the sales were .com ^ all inbound from DAN

I’m aiming to sell next,

e.credit

•••
Zion closed his forum, so I’ll reply to you here, as it seems appropriate

35 years ago, what would have candy.com sold for ^ and what is it worth today ^ time is an incredibly powerful thing

Caliente.xyz has made the .com more valuable if the enduser ever decided to resell ^ every time we see a domain sale wether it is a new extension or the .com it adds value to the “keyword” in question

~

I’m not sure where you’ve been the last year, NFT became a hot word and major cryptocurrency companies don’t even own their .com ... bitcoin.org ethereum.org tron.network chain.link uniswap.io polkadot.network ^ all together that’s $100B in market value for those companies ...

Many of these new age platforms are not using .com / because many of these platforms are run by people who didn’t know about domains 20 years ago much less 10 years ago ... A lot of brilliant people are now coming into the picture

I know people today whom can afford to put a billboard up in Timesquare and advertise a GTLD, because they can ...

And that is not a cheap nor easy feat,

nft.nyc

The world is on a continuous path of innovation, some things work, some don’t - the internet is ever-growing at an astounding 380M domains in circulation according to ICANN ^ before the pandemic, over 100,000 business’ were created everyday ... to be successful in any business today, you have to have an “online presence” ... so now you understand why .com domains are going up in value ^ and GTLDs are starting to gain traction ^ $200 ^ $500 within this year alone for (average market pricing) on .xyz domains ... that’s an incredible ROI ^ if it was a stock, well that would be a very nice year indeed ^

PS ^ you asked me how many .xyz domains I have sold, none

My father and I own

wines.xyz & whiskey.xyz

On other .extensions - I have generated a decent 2500% + in the last 5 years alone

That is just “domains” and none of the sales were .com ^ all inbound from DAN

I’m aiming to sell next,

e.credit
Thanks, I agree with pretty much everything you've said and it's a nice peek into which companies are using new GTLDs, that's for sure. All I've ever asked is for people to follow real sales information and to provide context to sales so that others can learn to buy the right things to make money. Unfortunately it often falls on deaf ears or is just down voted and seen as a personal attack. People gloss over it and move it on react as if they own the XYZ extension or something instead of arguing the point.

It's not a case of me being elsewhere for the past few years. We're talking about investments in domains in order to make a return... To do this we must work with the market and be realistic, I'm a realist in this regard.

The question that arises from what you've said is... does a lot of top companies using new gTLDs as their main domain much improve the prospect of selling domains? Perhaps, but there are so many options in this area that this makes it seem unlikely.

Take XYZ for example and the great sales that someone has been enjoying, if there is currently a rush on these names, this isn't particularly born out by the figures to an extent that makes it exciting for most level headed people imho because the prospect of turning a profit by owning even 5-10 top notch XYZ domains seems very slim. Given the unpredictability of the weird and wonderful 1 word names that they're buying (Caliente///xyz? that wouldn't have been my first choice of 1 word domain to buy, would it have been yours?).

I took a look into brand.international's portfolio of domains, some I like, many I don't to be fair, but for most of them I'm able to find and example of another new GTLD to fill it's place that is as good or better that I can just buy from the registry right here and now. They've got the market sown up!! That's a big problem for the prospect of making money.

Whether I like the names or not, which in many cases I do, I remain unconvinced that XYZ or the new GTLDs are a good investment and nobody is working hard enough to persuade me otherwise. Maybe I'll just be the only person on the forum and I'll miss out. 😋 I suspect that there won't be much to miss out on though.

.COM is worth money cause of the high level of consumer awareness worldwide, the demand and the scarcity. Are XYZ/LINK likely to gain these attributes...? It's probably more likely than a bunch of random new GTLDs selected at random, but they've got a long way to go. There's no point in owning 5 domains amongst the thousands and thousands that the registries already have sown up.

Just thoughts worth discussing don't throw your toys out of the pram people!!

Last edited:
•••
Congratulations on that, very nice!! Care to share any of the names you've sold and for what prices you bought and sold them or detail it in some way so that we can gain some knowledge from it?

•••
Congratulations on that, very nice!! Care to share any of the names you've sold and for what prices you bought and sold them or detail it in some way so that we can gain some knowledge from it?

I will share one / bought sicily.properties for $19.95 in 2016 and sold for a little over $1,100 in 2020

Attachments

• 3C3C7EB5-B628-4DF5-9BB6-BC2213E83EA3.jpeg
    3C3C7EB5-B628-4DF5-9BB6-BC2213E83EA3.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 53
Last edited:
•••
I will share one / bought sicily.properties for $19.95 in 2016 and sold for a little over $1,100 in 2020
That is a nice sale, congratulations. Did you outbound that?

I'd still like a real conversation addressing the real concerns though cause they need to be spoken about instead of being viewed through rose colored spectacles.

Last edited:
•••
That is a nice sale, congratulations. Did you outbound that?

I'd still like a real conversation addressing the real concerns though cause they need to be spoken about instead of being viewed through rose colored spectacles.

Thank you !

And no it was an inbound lead via DAN, deal closed within a week, I have had other sales as well through ROTD and DAN and other

In fact, my GTLD domains (easy.credit) and (mortgage.loans) gained the highest bids at the 2020 ROTD auction which was filled with speculative .com investors, I could have sold both of those names for $50K together ... I declined to ^ because the names are worth more ^ I did sell (dallas.rentals) at the auction and did generate another 1000% ROI sale

As far as what the future market holds, I believe rich keywords in valuable industries will adopt the same value that their predecessors did / does not matter the extension, 1500 new .extensions - not everyone will survive, like any business, some make it, some don’t

From what I’ve seen, endusers today are choosing “brandable domains” then “keyword domains” and usually those endusers end up spending more money to market their business’ then if they owned the keyword(s) in the industry they are doing business in (doesn’t matter if .com or not) ... some people understand this, some people do not care ...

The rise of NFTs, blockchain domains, and other web3 (ideas) have enriched further value in the domain industry altogether

And if we were to see a multi million dollar sale on a new .extension it would create more positive traction for everyone involved in the domain industry ^

Look at how Beeples $69M NFT sale awakened all the VC firms and wealthy individuals into creating a $25B market practically overnight, and now a great deal of people are investing and trading NFTs ...

So many new industries coming to light, as domain investors we must stand together and not conflict with one and other, wether a GTLD investor or a .com investor we should be respectful and enlightened by all domain sales ^ it will further grow trust in the domain industry and bring more value to everyone involved

Last edited:
•••
Thank you !

And no it was an inbound lead via DAN, deal closed within a week, I have had other sales as well through ROTD and DAN and other

In fact, my GTLD domains (easy.credit) and (mortgage.loans) gained the highest bids at the 2020 ROTD auction which was filled with speculative .com investors, I could have sold both of those names for $50K together ... I declined to ^ because the names are worth more ^ I did sell (dallas.rentals) at the auction and did generate another 1000% ROI sale

As far as what the future market holds, I believe rich keywords in valuable industries will adopt the same value that their predecessors did / does not matter the extension, 1500 new .extensions - not everyone will survive, like any business, some make it, some don’t

From what I’ve seen, endusers today are choosing “brandable domains” then “keyword domains” and usually those endusers end up spending more money to market their business’ then if they owned the keyword(s) in the industry they are doing business in (doesn’t matter if .com or not) ... some people understand this, some people do not care ...

The rise of NFTs, blockchain domains, and other web3 (ideas) have enriched further value in the domain industry altogether

And if we were to see a multi million dollar sale on a new .extension it would create more positive traction for everyone involved in the domain industry ^

Look at how Beeples $69M NFT sale awakened all the VC firms and wealthy individuals into creating a $25B market practically overnight, and now a great deal of people are investing and trading NFTs ...

So many new industries coming to light, as domain investors we must stand together and not conflict with one and other, wether a GTLD investor or a .com investor we should be respectful and enlightened by all domain sales ^ it will further grow trust in the domain industry and bring more value to everyone involved
Thats literally the most thought provoking and level headed response I've had regarding new GTLDs in months. Thank you!

Good things come from real conversations

Last edited:
•••
That's more incredible news from Swetha, but I always wondered if she had any connection or partnership with the XYZ registry, as in providing leads or or other promo deals?

Last edited:
•••
•••
Back