Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

NameLlama

Account Closed (Disallowed)
Impact
What you think of this model:
Venture[dot com] has listed Stylish.com, Pottery.com, Grant.com, StockBroker.com, Chorus.com, Suits.com for $100/month.
There is a Reg/mo column with a much higher price. But now it is $100..

This seems the way the web should work, is it not.. Fair prices..

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
OK

Screenshot from 2019-03-18 13-38-29.png

•••
First of all it is a limited time offer. After 3 months the cost goes to $500/month, then it looks like after a year you only get 20% off the regular lease ($25,000/month - 20%). Then the rate goes up 4.8% the next year.

Year 1 - $4,800
Year 2 - $240,000
Year 3 - $251,520

That is a bum deal in my view.

1.) You need amazing domains for this model to work.
2.) You always run the risk of a third party damaging the domain value by their actions.
3.) I would never develop a website on a domain with no buy out option.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
They have monster names and I'm really curious if this model is working for them.

It looks like they only have 8 companies doing this (in the Branded by Venture section) but I'm sure there's a lot more behind the scenes.

•••
What you think of this model:
Venture[dot com] has listed Stylish.com, Pottery.com, Grant.com, StockBroker.com, Chorus.com, Suits.com for $100/month.
There is a Reg/mo column with a much higher price. But now it is $100..

This seems the way the web should work, is it not.. Fair prices..

Thanks
i was just thinking about doing this exact thing today with my domains but not for $100 a month on a $XXX,XXX name. how can they survive?

•••
Year 1 - $4,800
Year 2 - $240,000
Year 3 - $251,520
Yes, that is a huge jump :laugh:D-: Hopefully you are making some good money after one year.

It seems I haven't seen many payment plan sales reported through Undeveloped or whoever else offers them..
I would think payment plans would be more enticing and popular, since people seem to not like paying so much for domains..and scoff at high prices.
Maybe people who demand lower prices are not swayed even by payment plans. Or they are popular, and I'm not seeing it.

•••
Payment plans sound great to remainers but most buyers want a $50 BIN

•••
Crash'n'burn model, the margins needed are such that those businesses who have those margins would scorn a model like this.

Last edited:
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back