IT.COM

branding Super.com rebranding to SuperGG.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Lox

____Top Member
Impact
…. Today we are empowered by new owners and choose to change our name, putting a title to the new step of our growth and ambition. We have been all about games, and it makes sense to us that our commitment to games should be solidified in the name we are known by. Our mission is to help our partners create not just good games, but nothing short of Super Good Games. As such, we are now SuperGG.com.

read more

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
What a waste.

I assume they plan on selling Super.com, which is a multi-million dollar asset.

Otherwise, the rebranding makes even less sense.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Place your backorders now guys :ROFL:

•••
I assume they plan on selling Super.com, which is a multi-million dollar asset.
Yes, or have sold it. This is not an upgrade by any stretch of the imagination.

•••
•••
Imagine someone makes them a big offer for SuperGG and they move to SuperGGG

I hope they did this because they got a lot of money for super.com If they didn't, I suspect someone there is abusing drugs.

•••
super premium domain change to a 5USD-hand registeried domain ???

•••
Obviously, someone made them an offer they couldn't refuse.

•••
Don't like their branding, but ah well. If they're offered something tempting for their super domain (no pun intended), they'll live with it

•••
They got a king's ransom for Super*com, no doubt.

•••
Lame. Weak. Sad.

Looks like they wanted to raise some quick cash.
Super.com should sell for BIG bucks.

•••
Their sites don't even resolve. How can a company fail so badly with such a great domain?

A ppc lander would yield more profits than they are getting right now.

•••
i remembered The QNBbank sell his QNB.com to Qatar national bank with 1million USD

Last edited:
•••
They purchased it for $1.2 million at the March 2018 NameJet/NamesCon auction. So they probably got a very good offer for it.

•••
Still at namebright (the gg portion).

What a weird rebrand. They will also have to contend with the full-length version now, supergoodgames(.)com which doesn't seem to be theirs.

If some of you are correct and they sold Super I suppose it could make sense in a cash influx sort of way. But man, what a loss of a stellar domain name.

Last edited:
•••
…. Today we are empowered by new owners and choose to change our name, putting a title to the new step of our growth and ambition. We have been all about games, and it makes sense to us that our commitment to games should be solidified in the name we are known by. Our mission is to help our partners create not just good games, but nothing short of Super Good Games. As such, we are now SuperGG.com.

read more
Next announcement:
upgrades to Super-G-G.com and Super-G-G.gg (so that we well and truly know they have good games).

•••
Most likely, super.com has already been sold or will be sold to Meta.
They have a new big project that is in beta right now.
Noticed this a couple of weeks ago.

https://super.events

•••
•••
Funnily enough, super.gg belongs to Microsoft.
Maybe MS is buying super.com and will throw in .gg as a bonus.

•••
Funnily enough, super.gg belongs to Microsoft.
Maybe MS is buying super.com and will throw in .gg as a bonus.
Wouldn't be surprised if they were
interested in Super.xyz

Also, from the press release, this looks like a rare example of a company pivoting back to a niche (they want to focus on games) rather than expanding out and being known by something generic.

Of course, the pr waffle might just be cover for the possibility that they were offered huge money for their domain.

Last edited:
•••
I have SuperJJ.com for sale for $500k.

Make me an offer.

•••
Have read on Techcrunch that Facebook introduced something with Super word, you can go read.
Maybe Suckerberg is the buyer.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Still calling themselves "Super Dot Com" if they're not going to be operating on the domain.
I think it could cause confusion for them and whoever does.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back