Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

maya-zir

Top Member
Impact

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
No, I searched for "tacos" on your site. Isn't food part of a tourism related keyword?
Sure, not the only food but I had to start somewhere.

The concept of advertising on city/area directories is overdone and Google has taken over the need for such indexes. Unless you approach the local Puebla City market hard - that includes local taco shops. Best of luck!

I told clearly, I started the site...
And I asked about ideas and not about SEO

•••
Why are you only interested in desktop traffic? Is your audience majority desktop based?

•••
Why are you only interested in desktop traffic? Is your audience majority desktop based?
Where did I ask about traffic?
I wanted to know your opinion about this WP theme, its design, my modifications, colors, etc...
I also meant the post structure, maybe adding an additional sidebar, etc..
I asked about the desktop mode because I wanted to know how this site looks on desktops and not on phones and tablets.
I asked about the VISUAL LOOK of my site which is still IN DEVELOPMENT

Last edited:
•••
Dude you need to chill out with your tone. You came here asking for help but going off on everyone with an opinion isnt the right way to get it.

•••
I asked you why you are only interested in desktop traffic because most people use mobiles. Until you answer that question and without sounding like a crazy person your on your own.

•••
I asked you why you are only interested in desktop traffic because most people use mobiles. Until you answer that question and without sounding like a crazy person your on your own.
Where did I ask about desktop traffic?????
Where?????
I JUST WANTED YOU TO SEE MY SITE FROM YOUR DESKTOP, that's all...
I am not interested to know what do you think about the mobile mode visual style, because I still have not decided which elements I will keep in the mobile mode.

I clearly asked about the website's visual look but everyone here talks about traffic and gives me advice I don't need and never asked..

Last edited:
•••
LOOK AT YOUR COMPETITORS WEBSITES. You're not understanding simple things. The internet is mobile first. You should design for mobile first and desktop second. Website design is exceptionally simple. Put the most important stuff at the top and least important stuff at the bottom. Why are you obsessed with the least important thing - website design? Make it simple, easy to use ( intuitive ), well branded, and most important provide the best information. Stop getting obsessed with website design. People are far more likely to use a poorly designed site with excellent information than an excellently designed site with poor information.

Last edited:
•••
LOOK AT YOUR COMPETITORS WEBSITES. You're not understanding simple things. The internet is mobile first. You should design for mobile first and desktop second. Website design is exceptionally simple. Put the most important stuff at the top and least important stuff at the bottom. Why are you obsessed with the least important thing - website design? Make it simple, easy to use ( intuitive ), well branded, and most important provide the best information. Stop getting obsessed with website design. People are far more likely to use a poorly designed site with excellent information than an excellently designed site with poor information.
read it again--- I DONT CARE WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THE MOBILE VERSION....
NOW I WORK ON THE DESKTOP VISUAL STYLE....
I DONT NEED ANY OPINION ABOUT THE MOBILE VISUAL STYLE....
DONT NEED IT, BECAUSE I STILL TRYING TO ORGANIZE AND STRUCTURE THE DESKTOP THEME VERSION

•••
read it again--- I DONT CARE WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THE MOBILE VERSION....
NOW I WORK ON THE DESKTOP VISUAL STYLE....
I DONT NEED ANY OPINION ABOUT THE MOBILE VISUAL STYLE....
DONT NEED IT, BECAUSE I STILL TRYING TO ORGANIZE AND STRUCTURE THE DESKTOP THEME VERSION

Its amazing, perfect. You are a genius.

•••
I asked about the WEBSITE, the structure, visual, design etc.

When visiting the site, my first thought is that the design looks old, like from a website around 2012.

An older design on a directory type website could make me think the site is out of date and that I can't trust the businesses listings are up to date.

My advice would be to browse through free or paid "best wordpress themes of 2021" and get a more modern look.

•••
When visiting the site, my first thought is that the design looks old, like from a website around 2012.

I think the idea is you visit in 2012 and by 2021 it's almost finished loading.

•••
I think the idea is you visit in 2012 and by 2021 it's almost finished loading.
how many silly people are here ...
keep laughing, one of my websites like this one has already brought me almost 200k euros in less than 3 years ..
And this one is going to bring at least a couple hundred thousand too

•••
keep laughing, one of my websites like this one has already brought me almost 200k euros in less than 3 years ..

Why don't you just do what you did with that one then.

•••
Why don't you just do what you did with that one then.
This is what I am doing.. no need to hear useless comments of drunk "pro"

Last edited:
•••
Any reasonable opinion and suggestions about the theme and site structure?
The text area between the header image and the content will be replaced by columns with categories for listing and directory. By the moment I "reserved" that space by placing there a couple of lines on the text.

•••
•••
Gut it and get a new theme - that themes from 2016
This theme is perfect (by the moment) for the site idea.
Later for sure, I will add more elements related to the directory or listing.
The website must have a user-friendly interface and structure and not last "the latest theme" which tomorrow will be the old style.
All up-to-date wp themes are suck and use 3rd party constructors.
This theme is very simple for modifications and customizing.
And I already told you I don't need your opinion about the theme, keep it for your sites.

I need opinions and suggestions related to the site structure and design.
I mean by adding some elements to the front page, single post, category, etc.
I added Related Posts to the sidebar, but maybe it is worth using the sidebar for something more useful - add there weather, clock, or something else... etc

Last edited:
•••
•••
I added more elements to the homepage.
Actually, I always can add and remove blocks from there, but I am not sure exactly what could be "cool" to add there.

I hope there are more reasonable guys than the previous commentators who could give their opinion and suggest something for the structure and design. Both for the homepage structure and for the single post structure. And also for the category/tag page.

Example:
I will add 8 principal sightseeing in the 1st block of the frontpage, then (by the moment) I added emergency numbers, the block with 2 posts (I think better add there "suggested routes around the city"), then a big wide image of something around the city for a 1-day trip, then blog section with 6 posts and the google map.
But I am not sure about this structure. So, waiting for your suggestions. Maybe remove some sections from there or add more.

And for the single post, the left sidebar will contain 10-12 images of the most important tourist points of the city, and clicking on the image will redirect to the post about that tourist attraction. No title will be added to the images, only images.
The right sidebar is for related posts and later for ads and banners.

I also need your opinions about the font size, color, etc.

Last edited:
•••
Despite a very limited amount of content and still no traffic, the site already appears in google search results.
I used the private mode of my browser for search.

"visit Puebla" - my site appears on the 6th, 7th, and 8th pages of google results
"Puebla historic center" - my site appears on the 2nd page of google results
"historic center Puebla" - my site appears on the 3rd page of google results

Last edited:
•••
visitors never will come back to the site with a lot of ads popping on every entrance, with a crooked design, flying elements, and not aesthetically pleasing look.
and I try to attract not just accidental visitors but someone who plans to travel and needs a good travel guide and who will still be back in the near future for more information..
and I work very hard on CSS making every small element or pixel perfect and making the site easy and intuitive.. and this is not my first site..
and btw thanks for nothing, finally I made all the visual structure by myself

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back