Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

maya-zir

Top Member
Impact

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi.
Ok, you really have a couple of (IMO) reasonable routes to look at - assuming your goal is the sale of the Domain Name & the site work is meant to build value around that name (e.g. you are not really selling a website, the name is the $).

1. create or increase (relevant) traffic. This is the long game (depending where you are in "live time", unique content indexed, & ongoing + frequent new content published), + amount of money you want to spent on ads.
- this could take several months to years & if you are driving enough (relevant) traffic - enough to easily create an X-multiple of the ($) traffic value to incorporate into the valuation.

2. Sell the name based on the marketing value & local branding / name recognition value to that (niche) local market - & put the sites to a sales lander.

Best of luck! Have a great night,

Brian

•••
Hi.
Ok, you really have a couple of (IMO) reasonable routes to look at - assuming your goal is the sale of the Domain Name & the site work is meant to build value around that name (e.g. you are not really selling a website, the name is the $).

1. create or increase (relevant) traffic. This is the long game (depending where you are in "live time", unique content indexed, & ongoing + frequent new content published), + amount of money you want to spent on ads.
- this could take several months to years & if you are driving enough (relevant) traffic - enough to easily create an X-multiple of the ($) traffic value to incorporate into the valuation.

2. Sell the name based on the marketing value & local branding / name recognition value to that (niche) local market - & put the sites to a sales lander.

Best of luck! Have a great night,

Brian
No, the domain itself maybe cost only from 500 usd to 1k, but building a listing site, charging annually for advertising, I can earn much more.
I just want to build a site.
I try to advance in this site-building, but I have no ideas and I am stuck.
This wp theme looks ok for me, I chose it from a few hundred wp themes, but something missing and I have no idea what.
I just want some review of the site as it is now, ok, there is nothing very customized, but anyway, I would like to hear some critics, suggestions, and ideas..

Last edited:
•••
Hi Again,

Remember, the reason a customer will pay you for a listing (advertising of any kind) is because you are offering the value of X-number of relevant/potential customers that will see that Listing (ad) and lead to increased sales.

If you dont have a marketing & advertising plan in mind to capture (relevant, meaning real estate traffic - not gaming traffic) - than you dont really have "product" to sell. E.g. why would a business pay you to list a property, if you can not prove you have traffic & can help drive sale (sales if you want ongoing revenue).

Really, until you get marketing & SEO worked out - you are making a pretty website for yourself, as customers wont pay you,

Best of luck

•••
Hi Again,

Remember, the reason a customer will pay you for a listing (advertising of any kind) is because you are offering the value of X-number of relevant/potential customers that will see that Listing (ad) and lead to increased sales.

If you dont have a marketing & advertising plan in mind to capture (relevant, meaning real estate traffic - not gaming traffic) - than you dont really have "product" to sell. E.g. why would a business pay you to list a property, if you can not prove you have traffic & can help drive sale (sales if you want ongoing revenue).

Really, until you get marketing & SEO worked out - you are making a pretty website for yourself, as customers wont pay you,

Best of luck
They will pay because of the domain name, the DA, and traffic.
The traffic will appear after 200-300 posts, even if they are not 100% original. Because of the domain name, the site will be backlinked for sure and in 1-2 years will reach at least DA30.
Pay attention to the domain name, it looks very decently. They say Puebla City in English, not just Puebla because the state is also called Puebla.
I just stuck with the site structure and design.. I would like to hear a review..

Last edited:
•••
OK, but remember to get your SEO in place or you will lose any DA & all traffic if Google de-indexes the site or some content. But, you mentioned having AdSense (or other ads) already there. What type of ads are being displayed:? are they matching your "target audience"?

Feel free to use my SEO site/tools - AISerp.com I have made it free and available to anyone on NamePros - I dont think I have every sent an email to anyone who uses the site & I dont care if you use fake email + info - I only had to add a sign up to stop the bots & baddies from abusing the site & messing my hosting up hahaha.

As for a real estate listing site - the one I had used for a handful of agents in the past is:

AgentPress Pro.

It's a Genesis framework WP site. I also think they have an agent pro listing plug in - to add the listing to any WP site (if I remember correctly).

Hope this info is helpful

upload_2021-10-18_23-8-30.png

Last edited:
•••

Last edited:
•••
You can need to start with free listings until advertisers type in a search term related to your business and your site is top or seen without scrolling. Realistically nobody cares about your domain name until there is a real benefit of visiting your site and finding USEFUL, ATTRACTIVELY presented and readily ACCESSIBLE information. You need to actively strive to be the stand out choice within your target market. That is why you should start with free and merge into premium. Keep making improvements, small, medium or big but make sure its continuous.

•••
You can need to start with free listings until advertisers type in a search term related to your business and your site is top or seen without scrolling. Realistically nobody cares about your domain name until there is a real benefit of visiting your site and finding USEFUL, ATTRACTIVELY presented and readily ACCESSIBLE information. You need to actively strive to be the stand out choice within your target market. That is why you should start with free and merge into premium. Keep making improvements, small, medium or big but make sure its continuous.
Thanks
Maybe I explained it wrong. I don't plan to charge NOW for listing.. The site is still not ready.
I mean once the site will be ready - designed and has at least 200 posts - I will offer PAID listing.

In this case, the domain name is important, even it still has no traffic, because this is EXACTLY the name (in English) of the city.
Puebla City because it is the capital of the state of Puebla, so in English, it is used to say, Puebla City and not simply Puebla.
The same with the rest few domains I have - Queretaro City (state Queretaro), Campeche City (state Campeche), etc...
All these cities are touristic.. and have many tourism-related services - transfers, transport agencies, local guides, car rentals, etc.. hostels, cafes, bars, clubs, etc..

Last edited:
•••
Forget the domain name. Forget the site structure. Forget the blog posts. All of that is additional. Your most important objectives are provide fast solutions and get traffic. I run a similar site which a very simple database of automotive services. My focus is adding complete business records to the database and make sure it loads in seconds on mobile phone. You can call your site p u e b l o c i t y . n e t and they will understand so don't get too hung up on the domain name. Use a keyword tool. Spend your time helping people find fast solutions. Design is secondary. Get noticed in search results.

•••
Your GT Metrix scores are pretty bad overall.......some of the web vital scores are good/OK

GTmetrix Grade

Performance 43%
Structure 47%

Web Vitals

LCP 6.1s
TBT 0ms
CLS 0.23

I would suggest looking at what is causing the issues and fixing them ASAP - speed and the user experience are pretty big factors nowadays for ranking........

https://gtmetrix.com

https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights

I use a tool/plugin called Nitropack for my site - I highly recommend looking at it.......

Last edited:
•••
Your GT Metrix scores are pretty bad overall.......some of the web vital scores are good/OK

GTmetrix Grade

Performance 43%
Structure 47%

Web Vitals

LCP 6.1s
TBT 0ms
CLS 0.23

I would suggest looking at what is causing the issues and fixing them ASAP - speed and the user experience are pretty big factors nowadays for ranking........

https://gtmetrix.com

https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights

I use a tool/plugin called Nitropack for my site - I highly recommend looking at it.......
I don't talk about metrics and ranks.
I talk about the WEBSITE itself.
I don't care about any metrics and ranks, once I get 200+ posts on the site it will get small traffic and I already will sell ads and guest posts there, and I know what I am talking about.
I asked about the WEBSITE and not about its rank

Last edited:
•••
Forget the domain name. Forget the site structure. Forget the blog posts. All of that is additional. Your most important objectives are provide fast solutions and get traffic. I run a similar site which a very simple database of automotive services. My focus is adding complete business records to the database and make sure it loads in seconds on mobile phone. You can call your site p u e b l o c i t y . n e t and they will understand so don't get too hung up on the domain name. Use a keyword tool. Spend your time helping people find fast solutions. Design is secondary. Get noticed in search results.
I asked about the WEBSITE, the structure, visual design, etc.

Last edited:
•••
funny, but nobody even looked at the website before commenting.
and it was exactly what I asked about - check and leave review

•••
I don't talk about metrics and ranks.
I talk about the WEBSITE itself.
I don't care about any metrics and ranks, once I get 200+ posts on the site it will get small traffic and I already will sell ads and guest posts there, and I know what I am talking about.
I asked about the WEBSITE and not about its rank
Your website structure is crap - how's that?
Your website is really slow = shit user experience - how's that?

Last edited:
•••
Your website structure is crap - how's that?
Your website is really slow = shit user experience - how's that?
it seems you all here drunk

•••
You can order 200 blog posts today. Anybody can. What makes a successful website is traffic and by your own admission you haven't got any. That's all advertisers care about, not blog posts. How will you compete with Google Business? @NickB nails it about speed. Start with core systems and worry about design later.

•••
You can order 200 blog posts today. Anybody can. What makes a successful website is traffic and by your own admission you haven't got any. That's all advertisers care about, not blog posts. How will you compete with Google Business? @NickB nails it about speed. Start with core systems and worry about design later.
I don't ask for SEO help, I only asked to see the visual side of the site.
I don't need advice on how to earn, I have earned more than 250k dollars within the last 2,5 years and all on my sites.
And I don't need to order any 200 posts because I can write them by myself.
You are drunk all here if you don't understand the simple petition to just SEE the website (desktop mode structure only) and give some opinion on its visual look

•••
Is your audience a desktop audience? Mobile traffic far outweighs desktop traffic these days in most regions for the simple reason that 99% of people dont carry desktop devices around with them. Have you checked this data for your target audience? So your site needs to be mobile friendly and ultra fast as well as simple and by that I mean similar to the logical structure of successful competitors. Your best advisor for design is successful competitor websites which if you do know about S.E.O. you'll easily be able to find their ranking and approximate traffic.

Last edited:
•••
Is your audience a desktop audience? Mobile traffic far outweighs desktop traffic these days in most regions for the simple reason that 99% of people dont carry desktop devices around with them. Have you checked this data for your target audience? So your site needs to be mobile friendly and ultra fast as well as simple and by that I mean similar to the logical structure of successful competitors. Your best advisor for design is successful competitor websites which if you do know about S.E.O. you'll easily be able to find their ranking and approximate traffic.
is here any epidemic? you all drunk or what?
i just asked about the visual website structure style and design for the website in development..

•••
Why are you asking? What are your main competitors doing? What do your customers currently use? Would you trust your brand?

•••
Why are you asking? What are your main competitors doing? What do your customers currently use? Would you trust your brand?
I never asked for advice on how to sell, I just asked about the visual website appearance in desktop mode.
My potential clients will be happy to get a link and list their services on a decent-looking website with the exact city name.
I don't need advice on how to sell, I need review and suggestions on the website in its actual appearance and by the moment only in the desktop mode.

•••
It's lean and rather minimal but you're wasting a lot of prime real estate with that huge hero graphic. Also, I searched for "tacos" and got no results.

•••
It's lean and rather minimal but you're wasting a lot of prime real estate with that huge hero graphic. Also, I searched for "tacos" and got no results.

You searched for tacos and expected to see my site in results?
First of all, I just started the project, and I am not sure it will appear in search results soon.
And I don't plan to sell taco.
I plan to make a site about Puebla City and offer to local businesses (related to tourism) list their services on that site.
No need to compete with google business and similar sites..
This will be just 1 more site about Puebla City.
Business owners are always happy to get additional links or list their services on one more site.
That's why I try to make the minimalistic design, keep the formal look, and not like "one more travel blog".

The tourism sector is not only taco, it is also hotels, hostels, boutique hotels, bars, clubs, transfers, local guide service, car and bike rentals, language schools, etc etc etc..

I already have Mexico related site and get enough orders for guest posts and links, but that site is not focused on just 1 city.
Website focused on the city is much better than the site focused on the country.

•••
No, I searched for "tacos" on your site. Isn't food part of a tourism related keyword?
Sure, not the only food but I had to start somewhere.

The concept of advertising on city/area directories is overdone and Google has taken over the need for such indexes. Unless you approach the local Puebla City market hard - that includes local taco shops. Best of luck!

Last edited:
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back