NameSilo

Strategy for Expiring/Deleting Domains

Labeled as strategy in Domain Expiration and Domain Drop Catching started by stub, Sep 9, 2015.

Replies:
Views:

1. DNMRKT.COM

DNMRKT.COM Bizful

How many days do I have to wait ?

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Kate

Kate Domainosaurus Rex VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

The name should drop between Xmas and new year. Keep an eye on the whois, when the status changes to pending delete you will have a drop date.

3. stub

stub Top Member PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

I don't understand your question. If it's dropped. It would be available for registration. Unless it was caught by a drop-catcher. What does the current whois say?

Did you read my original post? The answer is in there.

4. Keith

Keith Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

You can't order at Dropcatch until the domain status reaches pending delete.

5. DNMRKT.COM

DNMRKT.COM Bizful

Hello Stub, Yes I did of-course about 3-4 times, the thing that I couldn’t understand was : if it is still possible to get the domain with the current registrar which is in the redemptionPeriod. It was confusing me because the in the whois data it was still shown the registrar : Registrar: GODADDY.COM, LLC. But have cleared this up. Thanks for the thread btw.

6. stub

@DNMRKT.COM - Only the original owner can renew the domain at the existing Registrar after expiry +45 days, when they pay the Registrars Redemption Fee (varies from Registrar to Registrar. GoDaddy for example is $80 which is a bargain compared to other Registrars). Anyone can bid on any Registrars Deleting Domains Auctions (of which starting and ending dates varies from Registrar to Registrar). So if it is before the start of the Deleting Domain Auction or After 45 days, you have to negotiate with the original owner (which includes them renewing the domain). Otherwise bid in the Deleting Domain Auction for the domain.

7. premkumar

premkumar Member VIP

On what basis Verisign drop .COM domain name from their database.
    Like some .COM released at 11 AM and some are release at 11.30 AM.

I checked whether it based on domain creation date and no it's not.
    Also i am not sure whether its based on last update date or some random deletion. But i am sure it won't be random.

Can anyone shed light on this

8. stub

Sorry I cannot answer that one @premkumar. Maybe somebody else can.

9. premkumar

premkumar Member VIP

Out of topic, @stub Does non .com domains sell much?
    dndots.com/portfolio/portfolio.php

Could you tell me how well it goes compare to .com, how many u sell in a month. I too invest told in non .com but not sold one yet.

10. premkumar

premkumar Member VIP

one more thing @stub your offer page not working, it show
    Bandwidth Limit Exceeded
    The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later. "

nomsales.com/contact.php?domain=ajks.com

you may loose offers becoz of this

11. namecloud

namecloud Established Member

@stub, thanks for the insight. Can you kindly share best way to filter out premium pending delete domains? I know of tools like domcop.com but don't know if there are better ideas.

Cheers.

12. stub

I use DomCop quite a lot. But like everything, you need to take it with a pinch of salt, at face value. You need to dig into those stats.

13. namecloud

namecloud Established Member

Thanks for the reply. Do you know of any service where I give them a bunch of keywords(hundreds) and they crawl the web daily to find both expiring and expired domains that have those keywords and deliver straight to my email instead of me visiting domcop daily.

Thanks

14. stub

I don't but I'm sure there is something out there. Like those domain auction/dropping domains consolidators.

15. HotKey

HotKey Made in Canada VIP

This is put together very nicely. The visual and text layout makes it both interesting and informative. Nice job, and thanks for this!

16. ismailbiz

ismailbiz Established Member

This is very usefull. Thanksss

17. dnrabbit

dnrabbit The Rabbit

BackorderZone

18. RGkiiing

RGkiiing Established Member

curious how do you guys go through lists? like the daily list on drop catch, tens of thousands of domains.. do you just search for keywords?

19. Vijay Suryawanshi

Vijay Suryawanshi Established Member

20. martworld

martworld Established Member

Waiting for someone to answer

21. buywebsites.biz

buywebsites.biz Established Member

Can someone point me to the pre-release listings for Snapnames? Something like the csv that Namejet has where you can download their pre-releases expiring within the next 30 days. I see a page for downloads here: https://www.snapnames.com/download.jsp but what's the difference between "Available Soon" / "In Auction" / "Expiring"?

And thanks stub for this thread and the domcop recommendation.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2016
  22. Kate

Kate Domainosaurus Rex VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

23. RGkiiing

RGkiiing Established Member

i didnt realize it but the "pending delete" tab on expiredomains is basically the names from the namejet drop list

24. cocaseco

cocaseco Top Member VIP

Question regarding Pheenix. As you know they have two levels of service; Gold and SuperSaver. They clearly state that Gold has priority over SuperSaver. If they catch a domain and one person has it on gold and others have it on SS, does the Gold win it outright, or is it to auction?

25. golan

golan GolanMedia.com Gold Account VIP

Filter the list by the first appearance in archive.org. The best domains were registered in 1996-1999. This way you get down from 90k to a few hundreds domains daily. Well some domains will not be there if there never were sites on them so archive.org doesn't know about them. But there is no 100% perfect method.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice