IT.COM

Strange Issue with GoDaddy to GoDaddy Push

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Sharjil

DomainerRestricted (Market)
Impact
One of my client (seller) tried to push the domain to buyer's account, and he sees the error on his almost every domains. 1/3rd of his portfolio.

Domain is Locked. Please contact [email protected].

Has anyone faced the issue like this?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Too many bugs on pushing from godaddy to godaddy. I was involved in such push that took a week to complete. It was a tiring and annoying experience.

•••
•••
The trouble I faced was different from yours. From link not arriving in mail or when it finally did, it is unclickable or when it becomes in clickable, it links to a blank page.

I would advise you contact support to help out

•••
Too many bugs on pushing from godaddy to godaddy.

Yeah .. it's pretty sad. But for ages (years) pushing while selecting to change the WhoIs to the receiving account's info simply did not work. I talked to GoDaddy a few times on this, and it's such a known issue that the last time I was told to simply do a push without the WhoIs info change. I actually laughed with the CSR on the phone because I knew that he knew it was a known bug that had been there for an eternity and that there was absolutely zero point of trying to waste either of our times trying to resolve it then and there (I had already reported the issue previously). Which really isn't acceptable because then somebody else owns and controls the domain but your name is still on it.

I don't really have time to get into another tirade about how buggy and glitchy GoDaddy's platform is.

This seems like something a bit different though .. potentially the domain had a history of fraud or theft? It seems "domain disputes" sounds like it would be more than just a regular bug.

Tagging @Joe Styler and @Paul Nicks.

Hopefully it's just a precautionary block because of something that happened in the past, and all they need to do is flip a switch and you'll be good to go.

How long did the seller own the domain? More importantly, how long was it in that specific account?

Does your seller know the detailed history of the domain(s) in terms of ownership?

Last edited:
•••
I would strongly advise against pushing at Godaddy. Try unlocking and fast transferring the name out of there. If it is truly locked, you have to contact support for more context.

•••
Pushing (both losing and gaining) has been problematic for a while now.

I was recently discussing avoiding the 60 day lock and left detailed instructions here: https://www.namepros.com/threads/i-have-2-questions-about-godaddy.1171242/page-2#post-7580310

I also noticed way more bugs when pushing with both email and client id provided once initiating the push.

So far I have not encountered issues by solely providing the email. No guarantees though :)

I did encounter the mentioned errors before. It was resolved after some time by itself and on some occasions using incognito mode did the trick.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back