Dynadot

Stop Fake Buyer Requests

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Zavian

Upgraded Member
Impact
There has been a rise in fake buyers posting that they are looking for domains when in fact they appear to be fake buyers.

A few examples of threads:

https://www.namepros.com/threads/2-word-com.1328099/ (posted June 13th 2024) and the buyer has not logged in since.
https://www.namepros.com/threads/buying-com-domain-in-bulk.1327896/ (posted June 10th 2024) and the buyer has not logged in since.

These fake buyers are not actually buying. They post a thread and they do not respond to the buyers. They are clearly not buying domains.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
On the legit buyer side, you end up getting flooded with nonsense no matter how specific you are.

I bought many domains in the past, but have not posted a WTB there in years.

Brad
And the question here goes to Namepros management. WHY DO YOU DO NOTHING ABOUT THIS? The proof can easily be provided and it should be you get more than a warning. I have had people say to me let them warn me I don't give a fuck.

•••
Brad I have tried to explain this many times, Brent and I have discussed it personally. There are probably 100 people in the domaining world where their sole existence in the business is to show a big budget, they don't have the money.

So It's like Brad Mugford real deal domainer, says wow Budget $200K to $500K ok Brad.com $300K. They then email Brent Oxley and say Brad.com $300K you interested? He replies no or counters and they come back to you with his counter. Maybe Jackpot Brent wants to buy for $300K.
That is a problem because that sounds like a broker and not someone buying a domain.

If Brad Mugford was to offer to sell Brad.com to a NamePro's buyer for $250K and Brent was to offer $300K and request for Escrow.com, the NamePro's buyer would need to be a broker on Escrow.com because they're not the one buying the name, it would be Brent that was buying the name.

Last edited:
•••
That is a problem because that sounds like a broker and not someone buying a domain.

If Brad Mugford was to offer to sell Brad.com to a NamePro's buyer for $250K and Brent was to offer $300K and request for Escrow.com, the NamePro's buyer would need to be a broker on Escrow.com because they're not the one buying the name, it would be Brent that was buying the name.
Yes there are many brokers in the domains wanted section, no disrespect to Namepros community, but there are not many regulars here who have a $200k to $500k per name buying ability.

•••
Yes there are many brokers in the domains wanted section, no disrespect to Namepros community, but there are not many regulars here who have a $200k to $500k per name buying ability.
I agree with your point. The people that are brokering names should not be doing this in the domains wanted section. If they want to broker the name, they should be in the domains broker section.

I would expect the buyers that have a $200k to $500k per name buying ability to be PRO members.

Last edited:
•••
I agree with your point. The people that are brokering names should not be doing this in the domains wanted section. If they want to broker the name, they should be in the domains broker section.

I would expect a lot of the regulars that have a $200k to $500k per name buying ability to be PRO members.
Very few people here have the wherewithal to spend $500K on one domain name.

•••
Very few people here have the wherewithal to spend $500K on one domain name.
The point was that those people that do have the $500K to spend on one domain name should be PRO members, and there are very few PRO members in the domains wanted section.

•••
The point was that those people that do have the $500K to spend on one domain name should be PRO members, and there are very few PRO members in the domains wanted section.
Right because someone like @bmugford who has ran legit Domains Wanted Threads has grown tired of saying.

Ok looking for one and two word .coms .COMS do you see that I said .COMS???????

And then he gets .xyz .co .org names and stops buying here costing legit members a chance to sell to a person who buys.

•••
Right because someone like @bmugford who has ran legit Domains Wanted Threads has grown tired of saying.

And then he gets .xyz .co .org names and stops buying here costing legit members a chance to sell to a person who buys.
If people are brokering names in the domains wanted section, they should be told to post in the domain broker section. If they decide not to and broker domains in domains wanted, they shouldn't be able to post in the domains wanted section.

Last edited:
•••

That's a good point. It turns off actual buyers.

I have bought hundreds of domains on NamePros, but not that many in recent years.

I am always buying. It just isn't worth the hassle.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
they want the fish to bite the hook as soon as its thrown in the water. When no response comes in say 30 mins then they leave the site but dont bother with removing the thread. Its simple.

•••
nn.png

•••
@Bravo Mod Team Can you also change the sections, so it is understood that buyers that are brokering domains should be in the domain broker section.

This buyer needs .ai and .com domains for a client. https://www.namepros.com/threads/ai-com-domains-only.1329774/

People in the domains wanted section should not be buying for a client. The people that are buying domains should not be brokering domains in the domains wanted section.

•••
•••
•••
WHY DO YOU DO NOTHING ABOUT THIS? The proof can easily be provided and it should be you get more than a warning. I have had people say to me let them warn me I don't give a fuck.
Everyone gets two chances and then they lose DM access, but most don’t get reported.

•••
I dont read the Thread thoroughly, just partially. It's not Fingerpointing, but is there any evidence or "proof", that the Buyer requests:

"Looking for 3L com domains, budget 5k-100k," or any other request where people write DMs to the respective buyer and turn them into actual sales?

Those requests often come from new New-Regs, with less Feedback or interaction.
I have a structured overview of my Domains, but I do not see any point in writing those people who have unrealistic expectations and, additionally, don't even say "thank you, not interested".
That would be the bear minimum.

My opinion on those Accounts is something Mods already know - so it's not worth mentioning it.

Kind regards,
zotix

•••
Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back