Dynadot

STATE OF THE NEW G'S

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

STATE OF THE NEW G'S - After nearly 3 years of the New G's, are they where they should be?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • No, they remain behind schedule

votes
    58.1%
  • Yes, they are continuing to progress

votes
    41.9%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Internet.Domains

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
The current STATE OF THE NEW G'S is good!...or is it?

After nearly 3 years into the introduction of New G's there remains:
* Very low 'End User' usage
* Very little aftermarket activity
* Declining inquiries
* Inconsistent registry changes affecting drops, renewals and pricing
* Little to none public awareness

In conclusion, the current STATE OF THE NEW G'S is not good.

(Disclaimer: I am a proponent and investor of New G's, but I tend to have a REALIST view of things)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The G's are not new how is .biz, .us, .co, .name, .info doing.

I can get some amazing names in .co, only crappy thing is nobody wants them, and I have to pay $25 to renew them.

I had an small business make a play for a nice .com, the .co was available, I asked him why he doesn't just take that as he was at like $500, which was not going to happen, he says he only wants .com, so there you have it. Majority of end users are more willing to deviate for something .com, than hit their bang on keyword in something else.

#NotWorkingForTheRegistries

.biz .info. name .us are just as crappy as some of the New "G"s. What kind of business is built on these? Very low potential/profit. That's why they suck as an investment regardless of the killer keyword.
End users are adopting cc's and New "G"s much faster and for high profit/profile businesses than those examples ever will.

In my market .co is being used much more than ever along with io for high profit/profile businesses that would never consider .biz etc. New "G"s too are getting more attention for actual use.
I have many .co's with no current interest. I'm willing to wait 10-15 yrs as most are 3-5c. It's a ubiquitous shorty worth the spec.

End users insisting on only the .com vs anything else are becoming the minority in my queries. Most of my queries for .com come from investors not end users. Just because they have been groomed doesn't make it a good business or financial decision. The customer is always right!

Example : advertisingagency/com at NamesCon auction right now. A 17 character domain/2 keyword, high bid is 50k!
The bidder has a highly profitable business plan? Or maybe another buyer willing to pay more just because ? Brandable? no.
There are so many free resources for advertisingagency. Where's the beef? it is most likely a dumb decision paying up for a domain just because.

Example: After presenting the upcoming options/changes in domains to a client a few years back , they went out and acquired their own extension ! Wasn't expecting that :)

Example: After investing in New"G"s I didn't expect to get any unsolicited queries. I play long. Yet I have had many queries for ubiquitous keyword extensions in the xxxx low-mid. Very few of my cc's or coms START at xxxx offers. Didn't expect that !

I suppose it depends on where you position yourself in the market on what kind of queries/clients you get.

Happy Hunting

•••
Back