IT.COM

STADIA - New Gaming System!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Apparently there's a new cloud gaming system, Stadia, that is supposed to be releasing that's supposed to be better than Playstation and XBox. Have y'all acquired names?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It's Google... they can take whatever they want, jk.... https://www.stadia.dev/
I will stick to PS4, no matter what they say
You're saying that until they come out with games that will blow your mind. They're already promising 4K and 60+ fps and it will only get better with time

•••
You're saying that until they come out with games that will blow your mind. They're already promising 4K and 60+ fps and it will only get better with time
I’m only interested in Gaming that utilises the Blockchain so I can trade in-game items/assets/crypto cross platform.

•••
Keep in mind, this is Google,

all they need to do is blacklist any site / name they don't like others using - therefore the name becomes useless and worthless if its at the bottom of a google search - LMFAO

bad investment

•••
Keep in mind, this is Google,

all they need to do is blacklist any site / name they don't like others using - therefore the name becomes useless and worthless if its at the bottom of a google search - LMFAO

bad investment

Undeniable logic :ROFL: If you think Google is going to stay the playground bully forever.

I have boycotted Google and use the AD Free Brave Browser.

It’s delightful. And gonna knock google out the park.

https://brave.com/

Last edited:
•••
some stadia names on gd went from bin $50000 to a much more reasonable $25000-29000 overnight:ROFL:

•••
some stadia names on gd went from bin $50000 to a much more reasonable $25000-29000 overnight:ROFL:
People could put whatever price they want on domains. If the price is not reasonable and if its obvious random outrageous prices, they narrow their audience big time.

•••
People could put whatever price they want on domains. If the price is not reasonable and if its obvious random outrageous prices, they narrow their audience big time.
and if there's no action,four days left in grace period:xf.wink:

•••
As we have seen many times in the past on here, it doesn't do much for people's reputations when they are start dabbling in TM names. It may not even be a TM, so it may be ok, but its worth checking.

As you already may know, registering a TM is not necessary. Your business name, product name, brand name can still be protected by trademark laws. A registered TM allows you to establish a recorded date of first use, and that is helpful, but it's not necessary.

That's why when you want to reg a domain, you should not stop at a TM search. You need to still search google to see if any businesses are using the name.

They don't need an actual registered trademark in order to win a dispute.

A good example of this "Realtor". The National Association of Realtors has the trademark to that name. It's not an actual word but has been accepted as an actual word in today's English, but it's not really a word. Just like many people say "Kleenex" for the word tissue or "Q-tip" for the word cotton swab.

However they never registered it with the USPTO. There are a handful of companies that have a TM registered for "Realtor" but they are not in the real estate biz. they are TM's for brand names of shoes, clothing, etc.

But if you register a domain wit the word realtor in it, and it is obvious it has to do with real estate, expect a C&D letter, at the very least.

Last edited:
•••
Apparently there's a new cloud gaming system, Stadia, that is supposed to be releasing that's supposed to be better than Playstation and XBox. Have y'all acquired names?

I have StadiaGroup,com for a while and a received $500 high offer last year on it which was politely rejected by me :)

•••
I have StadiaGroup,com for a while and a received $500 high offer last year on it which was politely rejected by me :)
Oh wow, I would have taken that. Great domain!

Registered On:
2015-02-02

Expires On:
2020-02-02

•••
Oh wow, I would have taken that. Great domain!

Registered On:
2015-02-02

Expires On:
2020-02-02

Several companies using Group with the keyword so definitely worth a bit more :)

•••
•••
I've subscribed to PlayStation Now a few times and like the whole concept streaming games and think it is the future, just as streaming is the future of TV, I'm just not so sure this console is the one to start it all off.

•••
I've subscribed to PlayStation Now a few times and like the whole concept streaming games and think it is the future, just as streaming is the future of TV, I'm just not so sure this console is the one to start it all off.

What console ?

•••
While we are taking about trademarks, can you trademark a word?

OT:
Streaming games is just another way for the big corps to take peoples money. I always buy the physical copy so I can trade it in.

•••
Wow! There was such a frenzy acquiring Stadia domains. Whatever Google launches is worldwide exposure.

•••
•••
I will make it short for the slow learners.
Assume for a minute Google is not going to file a UDRP against you.
is there somebody who is going to buy your names or perhaps your plan is to collect them ?

Every domain name has a registration date that is usually show in the whois record for everybody to see.
If you just registered a name good luck trying to convince a UDRP panel you did not register that name because the recent announcement by Google but you had the same idea at the same time :xf.rolleyes:

It's funny that people are even showcasing their names, as if they were daring somebody to do something.
At least this thread has educative value and exemplifies how not to do domaining.

•••
I will make it short for the slow learners.
Assume for a minute Google is not going to file a UDRP against you.
is there somebody who is going to buy your names or perhaps your plan is to collect them ?

Every domain name has a registration date that is usually show in the whois record for everybody to see.
If you just registered a name good luck trying to convince a UDRP panel you did not register that name because the recent announcement by Google but you had the same idea at the same time :xf.rolleyes:

It's funny that people are even showcasing their names, as if they were daring somebody to do something.
At least this thread has educative value and exemplifies how not to do domaining.
You have your own opinion and it's greatly appreciated. It sounds like you're bitter for being late :xf.smile:. Times are changing. As I said in my earlier post, 1. what Google wanted, they would have secured prior to any announcement. This isn't their first rodeo, 2. if anything, they would encourage excitement for new products and services, especially for gaming, which would including blogs/vlogs, articles, game talk, and the boundless possibilities; they're hoping to corner the gaming market; they're calling this the 'Netflix of gaming', 3. are they really going to go after young Billy posting articles and Fortnite score stats on his website for he and his weekend school pals to enjoy? That would be a P.R. nightmare, 4. this isn't proprietary software they're trying to protect, 5. worst case, Google reaches out and acquires the domain(s) for a fraction of what it would cost to (a.) file a UDRP complaint, (b.) file a lawsuit, (c.) risk negative publicity with no real guarantee of success.

Even with the many domains registered after some supposed announcement, it could still be difficult o prove, mainly because the word 'stadia' is a legitimate word in the dictionary (not a newly made up word or unique brand name), they cannot prove someone seen an announcement and began to secure domains, etc.

As far as I am concerned, surveying in which distances are measured by reading intervals on a graduating rod intercepted by two parallel cross hairs in the telescope of a surveying instrument is quite interesting :xf.grin: I've always been quite intrigued with surveying -- the many ways buildings in large metropolitan areas are measured out before they began excavating to build up another tower using certain telescope equipment, "Wow" :xf.grin: . It's so intriguing how 'stadia' football (euro) has changed over the years. Gooooooal!

OMG do you know how far 500 Stadia is? 1 Stadia is 185 Meters. :xf.grin:

#like #stadia

Last edited:
•••
this doesn't make any sense.
if it's like netflix for gaming, that means people were smart to register netflix domains to resell? who would buy a netflix domain?

•••
this doesn't make any sense.
if it's like netflix for gaming, that means people were smart to register netflix domains to resell? who would buy a netflix domain?
You can read about, and YouTube, what they're doing so that you have a better understanding.

•••
You have your own opinion and it's greatly appreciated. It sounds like you're bitter for being late

What Kate posted isn't an opinion nor is kate bitter about "being late".

Being late for regging domains that could land you in legal trouble with inarguable the world's most deep-pocketed monster isn't really anything to be shameful about. lol

Some people only learn the hard way. I was once that way. But when I started getting C&D letters and being contacted by attorneys, that fixed me right up.

Last edited:
•••
What Kate posted isn't an opinion not is kate bitter about "being late".

Being late for regging domains that could land you in legal trouble isn't really anything to worry about. lol

Some people only learn the hard way. I was once that way. But when I started getting C&D letters and being contacted by attorneys, that fixed me right up.
You seem to know a lot about what Kate is thinking. It's 100% opinion, lol. Anyone can send a C&D letter. I can send you one now. Anyone can be contacted by an attorney, or someone pretending to be an attorney. BTW has the IRS contacted you for an outstanding debt and tried to get you to settle said debt with gift cards? Hmm what sort of domains do you have in your stash? I am sure I can tie them all with something I am affiliated with. PM domain list, full name, and address :xf.grin:.

#ewwpickledpigslips

Last edited:
•••
I know what @Kate is thinking (to a degree) because I have read many of Kate's posts here on NP.

If Kate is jealous because she(?) missed the boat on regging TM infringing domains, I would be shocked to he|| and back.

If you don't know how to tell if a contact from an attorney is real or not, I have a few toll bridges grossing $5M/year to sell you at the low liquidation price of $500 each. I can even make you a package deal if you are interested in them all. DM if interested.

Last edited:
•••
I know what Kate is thinking to a degree because I have read many of Kates posts here on NP.

If Kate is jealous because she(?) missed the boat on regging TM infringing domains, I would be shocked to he|| and back.

If you don't know how to tell if a contact from an attorney is real or not, I have a few toll bridges grossing $5M/year to sell you at the low liquidation price of $500 each. I can even make you a package deal if you are interested in them all. DM if interested.
Yes! You and Kate are one-in-the-same because you've read her post, so I can definitely understand how you know what Kate is thinking :xf.wink:

Individuals, especially relatively informed and seemingly educated individuals, can sometimes convince the most educated of us. They can even be quite elaborate with their work too. We hear about scams of various degree all the time. What's stopping my very articulated college sophomore bookworm pal from call you and sounding convincing? After all, you're the same individual that admitted to getting freaked out over a C&D.

Your last couple of sentences lost me. It's too advanced. Take it down a tick :xf.wink:.

Overall, it would be a crazy battle to go after every individual and business with a probable infringement.

Last edited:
•••
Back