NameSilo

STADIA - New Gaming System!

Located in Niche Domain Discussion started by namesquare, Mar 19, 2019.

Replies:
Views:

1. namesquare

namesquare Established Member Trusted Contest Holder

I am sure you've heard the whole, 'haters gonna hate' phrase. It's not new. These are all domains I can do with as I please. If I owned 95% of all of my domains but developed or sale 1 for a really good price, I am totally content with that. Most domains, domainers register, don't sell. I personally don't have very much invested in these domains, so I am perfectly fine, whichever way things turn, but there's no real telling. Just glad I have my foot in the game. What's the motto of the lotto, "gotta be in it to win it." We cannot see into the future.

In other news, check out this young kid, 14 years old, made $200,000 playing Fortnite. Crazy (Read more: https://abc7.com/sports/14-year-old...lPGs3v3FAySpLXn3TV1tO3khOFat_hSKfNVFJx4AKlhZM).

Last edited: Mar 28, 2019
    The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. PE-Steve

PE-Steve Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

Did you not forget Stadia was just announced on the 19th? Acting like it's a huge money pot in less than 10 days? Lol

3. gilescoley

gilescoley Top Member PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Was out way before that, check the whois dates (2016/2107/2018 and even earlier) on the best stadia gaming names. Maybe someone had inside knowledge 😊

Its not a money pot until you see regular big sales, but picking up the left over names certainly wont lead to any sales. History keeps repeating itself with these threads. Take a look at this thread in 12 months 👍

Last edited: Mar 28, 2019
  4. Haykay2005

Haykay2005 Top Member VIP

So, what's the conclusion on those that have stadia domains before Google announcement...safe to hold even if Google trademark the name? UDRP in the house?

5. Kate

Kate Domainosaurus Rex VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Names that predate the Google announcement are ok. As long as you don't do anything stupid like park them with sponsoring links to competitors, or violate on other TMs. There may be TMs held by other companies not just Google.

6. FlexyDomain

FlexyDomain Established Member

7. namesquare

Last edited: Mar 31, 2019
  8. MadAboutDomains

MadAboutDomains Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Yes they have and many others filed besides for MX, UK, EU:
    http://tsdr.uspto.gov/#caseNumber=88351339&caseType=SERIAL_NO&searchType=statusSearch

...and as for owning the word, upon successful registration of these word marks, they control the use of the word mark in the respective territories for their registered goods and services which are examined and accepted as part of the registration process. So for the purposes of UDRP they "own" the word as much as any other TM holder.

The same rules apply to any use of the word mark 'stadia' as with any other TMs. Unless:
    • Your use of the word 'stadia' isn't for their registered goods and services or something that they could argue resembles them, or
    • You legitimately made use of the word mark 'stadia' for their registered goods and services which predates their TM filing, or
    • You are able to successfully contest their TM filing(s) and prevent their marks from becoming registered, or
    • Your use of the word 'stadia' is fair use (fan websites etc.), therefore not competing with Google for their 'stadia' mark.
    There will be other legitimate cases for use of someone else's word mark, but I'd say that if one of the above isn't true for your use of the word mark 'stadia' and you are in a territory where they have filed a TM then you're on shaky ground. It's pure and simple. You wouldn't, shouldn't and couldn't base your business on it and no sane person would either.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
  9. namesquare

Stadia is getting more popular. It's insane.

[​IMG]
    People on other forums and blogs are talking about currency exchange for the new Stadia. I wonder how that is going to work. I see news and weather networks are talking about features for the Stadia network and the simulated weather in the games would follow the player based on what they're experiencing in their geographical area. This is so exciting. Google is already upping the scale, talking about 5.2K 60FPS games, which is insane. We would also be fully depended on Google for their servers. Amazon, with all they run, are using less than 1% of their server capacity. It will be a battle of the ages with the major powerhouses looking to dominate the market.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
  10. dot_AL

dot_AL Established Member

I had sharestadia.com in my dynadot account on march 19 but decided to buy StadiaAI.com and StadiaArena.com :(

11. Elad n

Elad n Top Member VIP

It's not insane ,it only makes sense.
    Then they will talk about Amazon gaming and then Microsofts gaming etc.

12. namesquare

Aww really? ShareStadia.com is such a great name, you should have grabbed it with the others. I really like where the owner of that website is going.

13. Winfluence

Winfluence Top Member VIP

TMs don't matter. Anyone who's been domaining (seriously) for longer than a couple years will know this is a waste of money. But those who see sales opportunities probably can't think of a single buyer in mind unless they have Stadia.com or StadiaToken.com or something sensible like that that Google would be interested in... And I would honestly say there are only a very very small handful of other names like that that very likely wouldn't sell because other than Google, smart companies know better than to use the name of a GOOGLE PRODUCT to sell services FOR that product. Yes one could launch a news site but there's no money in that because it's not even a console like Xbox.

14. PE-Steve

I just turned down an offer to sell ShareSTADIA.com and its social media accounts for $1k. How bout that guys?

15. Winfluence

Winfluence Top Member VIP

Share proof?

16. FlexyDomain

Cheers!

17. PE-Steve

Sure, it was a message on NamePros. I'm mobile right now so when I have time to blur everything out to protect privacy I'll gladly post it.

18. PE-Steve

Believe it if you want. Don't care though. But to everybody who said they were worthless.. good game :)

And again, I didn't sell. So no, I didn't make $1,000. I will continue to develop.

Attached Files:

• s.jpg
      s.jpg
      File size:
      88.7 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
  19. namesquare

This kid and his live online streaming of Fortnite is really interesting. In the little bit of time I watched him, he received at least $200 in donations. This kid has over 1MM Youtube subscribers and over 1MM subscribers on Instagram and Twitter. Insane.

20. PE-Steve

Yeah those streamers make crazy money. What a life lol

21. NameLlama

NameLlama Established Member

Stadia wow this is next big niche Buy as many as you can Or you will regret
    It really is good opportunity, not squatting, do not think it is squatting okay
    It is just using Google brand name

22. MadAboutDomains

MadAboutDomains Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

I see no evidence of this. There aren't even that many articles about it on Google news: https://news.google.com/search?q=stadia

So where is this hype of which you speak?

23. NameLlama

NameLlama Established Member

Namepros must agrees that it is not squatting or theyd shut down thread
    Lol
    If it was Showcase your Google domains, then..

24. PE-Steve

What are you actually talking about? This thread was fine before you popped in making no sense...

25. FlexyDomain

It really looks good, anyone knows which WP theme is that?

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags: