IT.COM

showcase Stablecoin Domains - Showcase and Discuss

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Woke Monkey

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
In the middle of all this carnage there’s one industry that’s booming right now.

Stablecoins

Under the radar, stablecoins have experienced hypergrowth over the past few years. Coinbase reports that the total stablecoin market capitalisation has risen to an all-time-high of over $9 billion.

Ethereum-based stablecoins market capitalisation nearly doubled year-to-date to $6.25 Billion.

On top of this, one of the most hyped stablecoin projects, Libra just announced a United States Dollar backed Stablecoin and seems to be moving forward with its updated whitepaper v2. If Libra succeeds, stablecoins backed by several fiat currencies will be released to circulation with potentially immediate mass global adoption.

Has anyone secured any domains in this niche?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Mainstream media awareness on the stablecoin surge emerging

Breaking news!

mobile.reuters.com/video/watch/breakingviews-tv-digital-money-id712135464

•••
Stablecoins tacked on $3b in the last six weeks.

Can’t argue with the numbers.

•••
What Is a Stablecoin?
A stablecoin is a new class of cryptocurrencies that attempts to offer price stability and are backed by a reserve asset. Stablecoins have gained traction as they attempt to offer the best of both world’s—the instant processing and security or privacy of payments of cryptocurrencies, and the volatility-free stable valuations of fiat currencies.

STABLECOIN TAKEAWAYS
  • Cryptocurrencies that attempt to peg their market value to some external reference.
  • May be pegged to a currency like U.S. dollar or to a commodity's price such as gold.
  • Stablecoins achieve their price stability via collateralization (backing) or through algorithmic mechanisms of buying and selling the reference asset or its derivatives.
Bitcoin remains most popular, tends suffer from high volatility. $5,950 Nov last year to $19,700 Dec, declined two-thirds $6,900 Feb. intraday; common 10 percent either direction in a few hours

This volatility makes bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies unsuitable for everyday use by public.

Two primary reasons for the price stability of fiat currencies are the reserves that back them and the timely market actions by the controlling authorities, like central banks. Since fiat currencies pegged to an underlying asset; gold, forex reserves act as collateral, free from wild swings.

Last edited:
•••
Fiat-Collateralized Stablecoins
Fiat-collateralized stablecoins maintain a fiat currency reserve, like the U.S. dollar, as collateral to issue a suitable number of crypto coins. Other forms of collateral can include precious metals like gold or silver, well as commodities like oil, most -fiat-collateralized stablecoins use dollar reserves

Such reserves are maintained by independent custodians and are regularly audited for adherence to the necessary compliance. Tether (USDT) and TrueUSD are popular crypto coins that have a value equivalent to that of a single U.S. dollar and are backed by dollar deposits.

Crypto-Collateralized Stablecoins
Crypto-collateralized stablecoins are backed by other cryptocurrencies. Since the reserve cryptocurrency may also be prone to high volatility, such stablecoins are “over-collateralized”—that is, a larger number of cryptocurrency tokens is maintained as reserve for issuing a lower number of stablecoins.

Non-Collateralized (algorithmic) Stablecoins
Non-collateralized stablecoins don’t use any reserve but include a working mechanism, like that of a central bank, to retain a stable price. For instance, dollar-pegged basecoin uses a consensus mechanism to increase or decrease the supply of tokens on need basis.

Such actions are similar to central bank printing banknotes to maintain valuations fiat currency by implementing a smart contract on a decentralized platform can run autonomously.

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
Thanks for teaching me what Stable coins are.

investopedia.com/terms/s/stablecoin.asp

This is a new class of coin, a new genre. Really cool.

check out this link

coinmetrics.io/charts/#assets=dai,busd,pax,sai,gusd,husd,usdc,tusd,usdt,usdteth,usdttrx_log=false_left=SplyCur_zoom=1498001897487.4375,1587254400000_stack=true

•••
check out this link

coinmetrics.io/charts/#assets=dai,busd,pax,sai,gusd,husd,usdc,tusd,usdt,usdteth,usdttrx_log=false_left=SplyCur_zoom=1498001897487.4375,1587254400000_stack=true

Wow Picture the link. You werent kidding!

Attachments

• Stablecoins.PNG
    Stablecoins.PNG
    93.6 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:
•••
Daily trading volume on Stablecoins last 24 hours $53.4 Billion (Source: cryptoslate.com/cryptos/stablecoin/)

This sector is going to explode into mainstream

•••
To put this into context, the RTGS Central Bank payment system processes around $600 Billion on a daily basis.

Imo Stablecoin/Stablecoins as a domaining keyword is going to be huge. Good hunting Domainers.

WM

•••
According the US Treasury, SWIFT handles about $5 trillion per day, or given about 250 business days per year, about $1.25 quadrillion dollars a year.

Similarly, CHIPS handles about $400 trillion per year.

Fedwire handles around $900 trillion per year (most of both of these arise out of SWIFT messages).

•••
Total stablecoin supply is now at $9.68.

$10 billion likely in the next couple of days.

•••
Daily trading volume on Stablecoins last 24 hours $53.4 Billion (Source: cryptoslate.com/cryptos/stablecoin/)

This sector is going to explode into mainstream

Stablecoin trading volume has doubled in the last 24 hours to $104.57 Billion (Source: cryptoslate.com/cryptos/stablecoin/)

sh**s getting serious

•••
How about you Woke. You started this showcase thread. How about showcasing some of your own?

•••
Woke want jump-start thread activity?

Add the following words before your title;

"Showcase your" or --"Showcase thread" after your title. Your choice.

You've done enough to separate them from Cryptocurrency

Last edited:
•••
He's asking in the OP if others have secured any domains, so I assumed it was a showcase thread like all the others in the niche domain category. This is a showcase thread as far as I'm concerned. I just wonder if he has any plans on joining the showcase or is he just here only to type the site up on Stablecoins.

•••
2020 will be crucial year for crypto and stable coins in terms of bank control. if the strict control measures go through, it should be the end of crypto and stable coins as it'll defy the very purpose and essence of decentralized private coins.

there were already a few companies that shut down becasue of these stricter regulations. in their statement they said it is against the basis and principle of our companies to reinforce these anti privacy rules for our members

read up on it on the net. 2020 should be huge for privacy, decentralization vs gov/bank control of things.

govnts always want only one thing... control you... and their main tool to control us is money. so do the math and figure out how unhappy they are with cryptos.

then again, some say crypto is nothing more thna govnt experiment on us.. before they make world wide digital cash.. would explain why tons of btc never moves regardless of prices and why nakamoto will never be known :)

•••
He's asking in the OP if others have secured any domains, so I assumed it was a showcase thread like all the others in the niche domain category. This is a showcase thread as far as I'm concerned. I just wonder if he has any plans on joining the showcase or is he just here only to type the site up on Stablecoins.

I’ve held just one related Domain for quite some time which at this time I’d prefer to keep under my hat for a few reasons. Mainly because I don’t wish to jeopardise a potentially large sale by bringing unwanted attention to the Domain.

I’ve been trying to secure several others, but as time goes on it’s becoming more and more difficult to agree on price so I’m exploring other avenues.

With so much potential I thought this niche would of been teeming with activity. The numbers over the past few weeks speak for themselves.

•••
•••
I’ve held just one related Domain for quite some time which at this time I’d prefer to keep under my hat for a few reasons. Mainly because I don’t wish to jeopardise a potentially large sale by bringing unwanted attention to the Domain.

I’ve been trying to secure several others, but as time goes on it’s becoming more and more difficult to agree on price so I’m exploring other avenues.

With so much potential I thought this niche would of been teeming with activity. The numbers over the past few weeks speak for themselves.

But, isn't it a little hypothetical to start a showcase thread while refusing to showcase your own domains, for fear that you would jeopardize a sale, by attracting "unwanted" attention??

People showcase discretely by posting only the name without the extention attached you know. People also post pics of text.

What harm could showcasing a domain do to a sale, if you're willing to start a showcase thread, suggesting others do it??

Last edited:
•••
Knowing him it's StableCoins.com and/or StableCoin.com

He owes us nothing

•••
Knowing him it's StableCoins.com and/or StableCoin.com

He owes us nothing

My point was about the hypocrisy not owing anything. Also, if those are his domains (I doubt) you wrote them here already, so does it even matter? Lol...

•••
He thinks that showcasing will harm his sales...but he wants you to showcase... My point is really simple and easy to understand.

•••
WokeMonkey is posting (spamming) all over the internet at forums to promote this “new” cryptocurrency. That’s about it.

I’d avoid all cryptos but bitcoin. Bitcoin is the only one institutions are interested in.

Last edited:
•••
Sure, stablecoins are growing rapidly. So many emerging markets will be using a stablecoin network for many parts of the supply chain, from manufacturer to end consumer, stablecoins will be used.

* Central Banks are launching stablecoins. Particularly interesting to watch is China, as they are launching DCEP, a central bank backed cryptocurrency (stablecoin).

*DeFi is real use cases for stablecoins.

*Many large commercial organizations have invested in stablecoins. Particularly gaining attention is Libra and Celo.

*Blockchain gaming is a real use case for stablecoins.

Surely there should be a market for related domains as a result of the surge in demand for stablecoins.

•••
Back