IT.COM

Squeezing $$$ from your parking

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
pssss!****>>>old secret<<<<****

i found that some of my domain names parked are sometimes put into the wrong category or their "experts" are not so expert! or maybe the " auto script" just check your names and place them according to spelling!

i found that fine tuning them by checking the "web archives" of the former website brings the most effective clicks.

i use the way back time tunnel machine of course!! Click Here

e.g. some "religious" foreign domain names are given "adult" content page or vice versa!

i found this out when i checked on one of my names which was not an obvious adult name , but had about 800-1000 viewers a day. but no clicks!!
when i used the wayback machine, i found it was a XXXX site

therefore the visitors former domain(adult) name expected "adult contents" and NOT "shopping for gifts"
hence
visitors/views/backlinks=1000
clicks=0
earnings=0

but since then i have change the keywords/category....

and the pennies are rolling in!! :cy: :bingo:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Good advice. It always helps to target your parking at what visitors to the domain are expecting.

•••
Thanks for sharing your advice redhippo, really good idea in my opinion. :)

•••
nice info, although I see that even if you optimize your domain, there's hardly anyone who's going to click.

•••
Good tip, may be checking more now. :)

•••
I usually check the archives to determine the type of audience my domains have ...

but... I was not able to check about 5days because archives.org was down *always* and purchasing a domain without the WB is a risk of $$

The Waybackmachine of the archives.org is Indeed a necessity and I can't live domaining without it.

•••
Yup

I found out the same today, with Sedo. Have a "loan" domain, keword was "affiliate", instead of loan???

:yell:

•••
nice tip which was quite obvious (sorry!)

•••
Wayback is live again, and it is always wise to check the wayback before deciding to develop or park a domain.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back