IT.COM

SquadHelp - Marketplace

NameSilo
Watch
Hey Folks,

I've just started using squadhelp.com to list some of my brandable. So far I have 76 domains listed, there is no fee to list. I've had some decent action so far in the way of interested buyers but no sales as of yet. I've only been with them for 1 week now.

A bit of a summary review of SquadHelp:

PROS
  • No Listing fee
  • No Logo design fee
  • Ability to submit your names to end users holding naming contests
  • Ability to chat directly or send a message directly to end users.
  • Stats of your marketplace domains are shown in the marketplace dashboard.
  • Their customer service and support has been great, 24hr a day chat.
  • Ability to increase or decrease the list price of your domains or to show a discount. You can decrease or increase the price yourself by $200. If you want to lower more, you can contact support.
  • End users can shortlist your domains before they make a decision on which they want to purchase. The number of shortlists is shown in you marketplace dashboard.
  • When you submit your names you get to set the price you wish to get. Because their commissions are high I recommend listing at a higher price to offset the commission costs.
  • Their landing pages are fairly basic but they work. Because the marketplace is fairly new, I'm sure we will see style improvements in the future.
  • One thing I really like is they accept multiple extensions. I have listed .co and .io along with .com
  • Each seller gets a direct link to their marketplace portfolio, HERES MY PORTFOLIO. It is handy if your trying to p[promote your portfolio through social media.
  • I like that their marketplace doesn't have tens of thousands domain listings like BB. They are fairly strict on the domains they accept to list and so this helps keep the number of domains in the marketplace down and gets your listings more exposure.
CONS
  • Their commissions are very high, depending on the domain name they are usually between 30% and 35%. However, there are no listing fees, no logo design fees, so in the end their commission is very similar to brand buckets.
  • Their logos are not top quality, in fact I requested to have some of my logos remade.
  • I think they have a big backlog of logos to design, the wait time for logo design has been around 1 week, but your names are still listed while the logos are being designed.
  • After your names are accepted you need to agree to their commission rate, at this point you also need to apply your own keywords, descriptions etc. I found this was very time consuming.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
After 4 weeks I’ve got my first sale through SQUADHELP. Pending completion of installments.

Mudaris (com)
$2299

78 domains listed

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for sharing Judge and nice portfolio.
I just joined SH on Nov-2018 but just have 12 names listed.

•••
Mr Mind, thanks for sharing the info and sale. congrats.
May I ask ,
- what was the total you submitted to get your 76 approved ?
- what was your logic/reasoning behind initial purchase of M u d a r i s ?

Thank you.

•••
Mudaris was an easy decision to purchase, overall it is a great brand name which can be used in many different niches. It’s memorable and easy to pronounce.

I now have 83 names listed, I submitted 237 in total.

•••
Judge, so SH is mostly into the type of names you listed only? The "brandables" as you call them? versus say, EMDs or versus brandables that actually refer to the product or service being sold?

•••
Do they require exclusive listing for accepted domains? That is no listing of accepted names in other market places

•••
Thank you for sharing @JudgeMind, it seems the prices of your names on SH are mostly under $2500 with a few in the 3-4k range. Is that by design or do they suggest pricing?

•••
Can you submit domains that are not registered? I know, I know, it's a bad practice, but BB is doing it and BP did it in the past.

•••
Nice to see they are innovating at SquadHelp. I joined SquadHelp in 2013 for naming contests and won 13 contests before competition became very fierce and I had no time for the contests again.

I will try their marketplace for my brandable domains as they have more access to people who are searching for names unlike other brandable marketplaces that rely on type-in traffic and Google ads.

@JudgeMind Are your names on SH premium listings?

Do they require exclusive listing for accepted domains? That is no listing of accepted names in other market places
For all listing types, you are required to forward your names to their landing page. However, you can list your Basic and Basic Plus listings on other marketplaces as long as the price on those marketplaces is not below the price on SquadHelp.

Thank you for sharing @JudgeMind, it seems the prices of your names on SH are mostly under $2500 with a few in the 3-4k range. Is that by design or do they suggest pricing?
Design. You set you own prices but prices above $1,799 have to be approved by them.

Can you submit domains that are not registered? I know, I know, it's a bad practice, but BB is doing it and BP did it in the past.
Yes, you can.

Last edited:
•••
Submitted 10 domain and I got 6 of them pre-approved.

I feel there extensive advertising & marketing can bring lots of sales to our brandable names.

I can confirm it's 200 times better then Brandpa

•••
My names are all premium

Last edited:
•••
Hi Guys,

At least 3 people asked me why I feel its better then BP,

I think Squad is the platform where 100s of people with $$$ in there hand come for naming idea, I also checked and surprised that Squad do lots of paid marketing and paying real bucks for advertising of its platform. The best and most liked part of Squad is any seller can buy our "name" as an instalment.

Brandpa fail to do all of the above-stated things, forget the paid promotion, BP stopped posting names on their twitter handle. after some Big whale complained, they started it again.

Here is one of my pre-approved name, its take just 12 hours to get our name on Squad marketplace.

https://www.squadhelp.com/name/matchpride

Last edited:
•••
Squadhelp has now made listings exclusive to their marketplace. You are not able to list at other marketplaces if listed at squadhelp. I’ll need to go through my list and remove from other marketplaces.

•••
Some interesting stats in squadhelp marketing compared to other brandable marketplaces

upload_2019-2-7_8-29-57.png

•••
Let me clarify: When I look at SH I see the made up words, the misspelled words, the domains where the words could be applied to most any business, I don't consider these premium.

Is that what they are looking for? or do they also want EMDs and domains where the word has at least something to do with the product or service? I didn't see many if any domains like those in their listings.

•••
You got some great names there bro

•••
Hey Folks,

I've just started using squadhelp.com to list some of my brandable. So far I have 76 domains listed, there is no fee to list. I've had some decent action so far in the way of interested buyers but no sales as of yet. I've only been with them for 1 week now.

A bit of a summary review of SquadHelp:

PROS
  • No Listing fee
  • No Logo design fee
  • Ability to submit your names to end users holding naming contests
  • Ability to chat directly or send a message directly to end users.
  • Stats of your marketplace domains are shown in the marketplace dashboard.
  • Their customer service and support has been great, 24hr a day chat.
  • Ability to increase or decrease the list price of your domains or to show a discount. You can decrease or increase the price yourself by $200. If you want to lower more, you can contact support.
  • End users can shortlist your domains before they make a decision on which they want to purchase. The number of shortlists is shown in you marketplace dashboard.
  • When you submit your names you get to set the price you wish to get. Because their commissions are high I recommend listing at a higher price to offset the commission costs.
  • Their landing pages are fairly basic but they work. Because the marketplace is fairly new, I'm sure we will see style improvements in the future.
  • One thing I really like is they accept multiple extensions. I have listed .co and .io along with .com
  • Each seller gets a direct link to their marketplace portfolio, HERES MY PORTFOLIO. It is handy if your trying to p[promote your portfolio through social media.
  • I like that their marketplace doesn't have tens of thousands domain listings like BB. They are fairly strict on the domains they accept to list and so this helps keep the number of domains in the marketplace down and gets your listings more exposure.
CONS
  • Their commissions are very high, depending on the domain name they are usually between 30% and 35%. However, there are no listing fees, no logo design fees, so in the end their commission is very similar to brand buckets.
  • Their logos are not top quality, in fact I requested to have some of my logos remade.
  • I think they have a big backlog of logos to design, the wait time for logo design has been around 1 week, but your names are still listed while the logos are being designed.
  • After your names are accepted you need to agree to their commission rate, at this point you also need to apply your own keywords, descriptions etc. I found this was very time consuming.
Your portfolio looks great, and thanks for the info!

•••
Let me clarify: When I look at SH I see the made up words, the misspelled words, the domains where the words could be applied to most any business, I don't consider these premium.

Is that what they are looking for? or do they also want EMDs and domains where the word has at least something to do with the product or service? I didn't see many if any domains like those in their listings.
I believe they will also accept emd

•••
It's funny. I just came upon SH and was looking here on NP to see if there was any info. :)

I'm also checking out nameforce. Although SH looks better.

•••
Looks interesting. What do you guys think about moving some domains from BB and BP to SH, good idea or not?

•••
Looks interesting. What do you guys think about moving some domains from BB and BP to SH, good idea or not?
I've just started checking SH, and my impressions are positive so far. But I won't move my BP names to SH, only a few brandable ones from Afternic. I'll try the non-registered domain submission as well.

By the way, I've submitted 6 domains, and 4 got accepted. The acceptance process is very fast, but it is a very tedious task to enter categories, keywords, description, etc. They could work a bit more on the UI.

•••
That p/in/sil.com designer is really creative. Great portfolio you have there. Thanks for sharing.

•••
I have only five domains there

•••
I have two new findings.

The first is that they accept almost everything. I can't have such great names! I've submitted 10 names, 6 has been accepted, 2 is still pending, 2 has been rejected.

The second is that while they are seemingly accepting the submission of unregistered domains, when I finally entered all data for that kind of submission (I wasted 2-3 minutes), I got a message that they were overwhelmed and they cannot accept the submission. Why can't they just make that button unclickable?

•••
Back