NameLot

SquadHelp - Marketplace

Located in Domain Marketplace Reviews, started by JudgeMind, Jan 26, 2019

Replies:
Views:

1. Recons.Com

Recons.Com Top Contributor VIP

Thanks for the explanation... Still not right way though. April 24 to Sept 25 is another 5 months and this time/str is not counted AT ALL. So in another month my STR for 6 months will become 3/107 instead of 3/33?

This is a fancy made-up math, honestly... Instead you guys came up with a system where first 6 months of the names listing (and the first 12 months for the annual) don't count at all...

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. JudgeMind

JudgeMind Owner - BrandAim.com PRO VIP Trusted Contest Holder

@Recons.Com

6 months ago I had 409 premium listings. With a 6 mth STR of 5.75% I should have sold 23 domains. When in reality I sold 10 names. My actual 6 month STR is between 2% to 3%.

currently I have 526 premium listings, using the Squadhelp 6 mth STR from my dashboard of 5.75% I’m led to expect that in the next six months I will sell 30 domains. Let’s wait and see, I’ll quote this post in 6 months time to see the results.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2020
  3. Recons.Com

Exactly. The whole industry for 30 years has been using the term STR to mean your sales over the period divided by your rolling average weighted holding for the period.

And then SH comes along and uses the same term in a manner that is neither consistent with the industry's use of it nor logical in any way.

If you are taking control of my names from day 1, why are you counting it as your inventory only from day 365???

4. blogspotter

blogspotter Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

How do you both know it was the domain age due to which they got rejected?
    Did they mention that domain age the reason for the rejection?

Most of domains are hand reg that I submit as soon as I register. If they are good, they get accepted.
    Only a couple weeks back I got 2 hand reg accepted.
    I just don't hand reg because it is tiring going though the list

5. JimJammy

JimJammy Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

Annual Sell Through Rate = the number of domains sold in the last 12 months / average number of domains on site in the last 12 months.

All Time Sell Through Rate = the total number of domains sold / average number of domains on site since the marketplace began.

Your figures are not the STR and should be labelled something else, and you should display the true STR.

6. karmaco

karmaco Top Contributor VIP

I so agree, thanks for bringing it up and find SH method of calculating STR convoluted and borderline deceptive. There should be one simple calculation your yearly sell through rate.

7. boker

boker Top Contributor VIP

I've dealt with inventory and STR in multiple industries, but all of them calculate STR the same, you can have STR for a year, from the beginning, for a product, for a month and so on, but there are not different terms, it's the same formula, calculated for a certain period or product.

8. GrantP

GrantP Squadhelp.com Squadhelp Gold Account

Thank you all for feedback. Our goal is to use metrics that are helpful to our sellers. If the current metrics are not helpful for most sellers, we can certainly consider dropping them and replacing them with other metrics that are more helpful.

To recap, the current portfolio sell through simply answers this question: If you held your domains for 6 months or more, what % did you end up selling? (Same applies for 12-month).

We can consider moving to a different definition, but before we consider making any changes, it would be helpful to get feedback on some specific examples, so we can understand what works the best for sellers. How would most sellers calculate their STR for following specific situations:

* You added 100 names, and received 1 sale within 30 days. What should be your STR at end of 30 days? If you say it is 1%, wouldn't that be misleading (from an annualized perspective) because you still have another 11 months to go?

* You added 100 names, received 4 sales in first 11 months, and then added another 400 names in 12th month. What should be your STR at the end of 12 month?

It sounds like a time based inventory allocation model would be most appropriate. Please provide feedback on above two specific scenarios - how do most sellers calculate STR in these above situations, so we can evaluate the best way to move forward.

9. Coindoji

Coindoji Blockchain and Crypto domains

1* =( 1/100 ) * (1/12) * 100% = 8.33% str , if you make more sales - str number should dynamically adjust

2*
    after 11 months: ( 4/100 ) * (11/12) * 100% = 3.66%

after 12 months, when you added 400 more names - ( 4/496 ) * (12/12) * 100% = .8% str

Ideally, it should be calculated on daily bases not monthly, it's easy programmable and is more accurate.
    The way I see it - STR should reflect annual number (or projection).

10. JudgeMind

the issue is the current sh metrics mislead sellers into thinking they will/should sell x number of domains in the next 6 months. Or 12 months. Wish I had the foresight that sh would scale the marketplace by 20x. The actual STR at Squadhelp is around 2%.

personally I’d like the STR to be shown results based, every 30 days, 3 months, 6 months ,1 year, 24 months ,all time.

11. scrsteven

scrsteven Top Member PRO VIP ICA Member ★★★★★★★★★★

The standard way to look at STR is on an annualized basis. Anything else is confusing.

example (1)
    1 sale / (100 x 30 days of listing) x 365 days / yr = 0.1217 sales/year = 12.17% STR

example (2)
    100 names x 365 days + 400 names x 31 days yields 4 sales over 48,900 days of listing
    4 / 48900 * 365 = .0299 = 2.99% STR

12. DomainBanana

DomainBanana Established Member

@scrsteven 's calculations are correct.

The basic idea is (sales / names on market) / (average time on market [as represented by the fraction of a year]) * 100

And Grant, please don't remove de-listed names from the STR equation.

Currently, if a seller lists 500 names for 4 years, sells only 1, and removes 499, their SH STR is 100%.

De-listed names need to be factored in.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
  13. JudgeMind

Many retailers calculate their STR for products monthly and every 3,6,12,24 months

14. bazabizo

bazabizo Top Member PRO VIP Gold Account

This STR formula that SH turned out to be using really surprised me and honestly disappointed me. Why? Coz If you are using a whole new formula then you should name it something else
    My whole plan for my names on SH has to be drastically downsized. In a nutshell disappointing

15. ArielT

ArielT Top Contributor VIP

How to now upgrade basic plus to premium?

16. BrandEntrance.com

BrandEntrance.com Open 24/7/365 VIP Gold Account

Powerfully is one word. It means powerfully.

EnergyFully was probably rejected because it's two words that don't fit well enough together for them. Canna is trending.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
  17. Recons.Com

Agreed. Energetically would be comparable to powerfully, not energyfully...

18. BrandEntrance.com

BrandEntrance.com Open 24/7/365 VIP Gold Account

Request a review and reason 'Upgrade'?

19. ArielT

ArielT Top Contributor VIP

It seems that reviews are taken too long

20. DomainBanana

DomainBanana Established Member

If it was a searchable basic plus with a logo, you should be able to click "Instant Bulk Upgrade to Premium" at the top of the Basic Plus section.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
  21. marcreative

marcreative Top Contributor VIP

How do u promote your wlm ? thank you for your insight and congratulation

22. marcreative

marcreative Top Contributor VIP

yeahhh whyy? its not fair at all.

23. JudgeMind

through social media primarily. I’ve been testing with Squadhelp’s landing pages too

24. loredan

loredan Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

This is from the landing page of one of my Tech+word names.

Gotta love the relevance of the other "based on tech" domains. :)

SH98.png

25. JudgeMind

Goodbye 6 month STR %, hello annualized STR

note: We had no sales in September. Comparable, last September we had two sales with half of the inventory. Good luck in October everyone.

upload_2020-10-1_5-18-35.jpeg

Last edited: Oct 1, 2020

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
biix
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice