Dynadot

Atom / Atom.com - Marketplace (formerly Squadhelp)

NameSilo
Watch
Hey Folks,

I've just started using squadhelp.com to list some of my brandable. So far I have 76 domains listed, there is no fee to list. I've had some decent action so far in the way of interested buyers but no sales as of yet. I've only been with them for 1 week now.

A bit of a summary review of SquadHelp:

PROS
  • No Listing fee
  • No Logo design fee
  • Ability to submit your names to end users holding naming contests
  • Ability to chat directly or send a message directly to end users.
  • Stats of your marketplace domains are shown in the marketplace dashboard.
  • Their customer service and support has been great, 24hr a day chat.
  • Ability to increase or decrease the list price of your domains or to show a discount. You can decrease or increase the price yourself by $200. If you want to lower more, you can contact support.
  • End users can shortlist your domains before they make a decision on which they want to purchase. The number of shortlists is shown in you marketplace dashboard.
  • When you submit your names you get to set the price you wish to get. Because their commissions are high I recommend listing at a higher price to offset the commission costs.
  • Their landing pages are fairly basic but they work. Because the marketplace is fairly new, I'm sure we will see style improvements in the future.
  • One thing I really like is they accept multiple extensions. I have listed .co and .io along with .com
  • Each seller gets a direct link to their marketplace portfolio, HERES MY PORTFOLIO. It is handy if your trying to p[promote your portfolio through social media.
  • I like that their marketplace doesn't have tens of thousands domain listings like BB. They are fairly strict on the domains they accept to list and so this helps keep the number of domains in the marketplace down and gets your listings more exposure.
CONS
  • Their commissions are very high, depending on the domain name they are usually between 30% and 35%. However, there are no listing fees, no logo design fees, so in the end their commission is very similar to brand buckets.
  • Their logos are not top quality, in fact I requested to have some of my logos remade.
  • I think they have a big backlog of logos to design, the wait time for logo design has been around 1 week, but your names are still listed while the logos are being designed.
  • After your names are accepted you need to agree to their commission rate, at this point you also need to apply your own keywords, descriptions etc. I found this was very time consuming.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
To be clear, I paid a coin & name was approved as Basic+ listing. Now that it has such a High SL rate, I again submitted a request for domain review, some 30 days, & still no decision has been taken.

Last edited:
•••
FYI

Now if you choose to use squadhelps landing pages for your WLM listings, only the sellers listings will appear beneath your listings. I have migrated all of my landing pages to squadhelp landing pages in a hope that this will eliminate the potential lack of trust.

But this way you will lose the traffic to your WLM. Someone that lands on one of your domains might try the search inside your WLM, which can lead to potential sale. I have some domains with decent typein traffic and are bringing traffic to my other domains.

Last edited:
•••
SH marketplace update for August 2020

Pending the unlikeliness that a sale comes in in the next day, August was the first month in 2020 I did not complete a sale on the Squadhelp marketplace. Although my portfolio of premium marketplace listings is over 500, the sh marketplace has grown immensely. Sell through rates continue to decline and imo will soon be in line with the STR of other marketplaces 2-3%. In August views and short lists on my names dropped to 0% in the second and third week but went back up a little bit towards the end of the month. Despite purchasing 6 super boosts each week , views and short lists dropped. In the past, purchasing super boosts would bump my names to the first page. In August something changed, I no longer see my super boosted names on the first page of the marketplace.

While August was my worst month of the year for me, july was one of the best with 3 decent SH marketplace sales.

I did close one sale in the BrandAim.com WLM for $1,049. This was my 5th sale via my sh WLM since launching in early July.

Had three other sales in August, each were afternic fast transfer. One for $899 one for $5000 and one for $1999

Thanks for the update @JudgeMind . The marketplace shows 27 sales in total since you joined. This is pretty good over two years. May I ask how many of those sales were installments vs full price sales? I just had an installment cancelled after buyer paying half the domain price off. I consider switching this option off and rely more on impulsive buying. In case the STR reduces further under 1.5-2% will you consider moving your names elsewhere for less commission or simply leaving them on your WLM?
Appreciate your feedback.

•••
Thanks for the update @JudgeMind . The marketplace shows 27 sales in total since you joined. This is pretty good over two years. May I ask how many of those sales were installments vs full price sales? I just had an installment cancelled after buyer paying half the domain price off. I consider switching this option off and rely more on impulsive buying. In case the STR reduces further under 1.5-2% will you consider moving your names elsewhere for less commission or simply leaving them on your WLM?
Appreciate your feedback.

I wonder why is your situation is undesirable? :)

You got some nice money and still own the name you know that might have a good chance to sell again

It is possible that you wouldn't have got any money if not installments

Last edited:
•••
I wonder why is your situation is undesirable? :)

You got some nice money and still own the name you know that might have a good chance to sell again

It is possible that you wouldn't have got any money if not installments

@GoodKindName not moaning at all, this can happen already made some nice ROI. I am trying to collect data whether installments are actually significantly boosting sales from sellers who have significantly more listings. Let's say if from 27 sales 13 or more were installments I am quite convinced the model works, taking into account several buyers ending up putting the initial contest fee to the first installment of the domain. Lately I see quality domains selling for high $x,xxx easily there not sure if those are paid in full or the majority are installments.

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
Who are these so-called 'experts' ?
I wonder sometimes...

Got rejected 2 word 8 letter Home+XXXX .com name, taken in 26 extensions, with tons of potential.
I don't get it, yet they approve total crap like HomePylon or similar crap..

Also now, as they claimed, they reject pretty decent LLLLs, not great, but much better than those already listed, i.e. - IVBF

There are much much worse LLLLs selling right now on SH - UYZK YQLS and so on... My Point is - if you reject decent names now - remove all similar or worse names from the Marketplace, otherwise it makes no sense and just unfrair.

•••
Its better to move on without getting hurt , I have rejected names taken in 20+ extensions and GD appraisal above 5k but never complained about rejections ...

Not a single sale from last many month with 210 listings , still surviving and see the results for few more months...

•••
I wonder sometimes...

Got rejected 2 word 8 letter Home+XXXX .com name, taken in 26 extensions, with tons of potential.

Also now, as they claimed, they reject pretty decent LLLLs, not great, but much better than those already listed, i.e. - IVBF

There are much much worse LLLLs selling right now on SH - UYZK YQLS and so on... My Point is - if you reject decent names now - remove all similar or worse names from the Marketplace, otherwise it makes no sense and just unfrair.

People get names rejected all the time its best not to take it personally. Since reviews are subjective each marketplace may reject or deny the same names and make what you view as errors.If its a good name you don’t need a specific platform to sell it. I would not dwell on it other than to make sure there isn’t existing trademarks that added to the rejection.

SH has added thousands and thousands of names in a very short period of time so its natural that its time to get pickier. Why not use WLM instead?

Last edited:
•••
SH has added thousands and thousands of names in a very short period of time so its natural that its time to get pickier. Why not use WLM instead?

It's not about pickier, thing is they accept similar names, which are much much worse, taken in just 1 or max 2 extensions, yet they reject very similar name taken in 26, hence the question.

I got many rejections as well, I never complained, although always thought about those 'experts', but this to me is almost outrageous.

Last edited:
•••
It's not about pickier, thing is they accept similar names, which are much much worse, taken in just 1 or max 2 extensions, yet they reject very similar name taken in 26, hence the question.

I got many rejections as well, I never complained, although always thought about those 'experts', but this to me is almost outrageous.

How many extensions is meaningless with brandables. Its about the brandability of the name. Since you didn’t mention the name no way to know.

•••
I wonder sometimes...

This not means your name is worthless at all. Apart from obvious trademarks , there might be discrepancy on valuation. Happened to me as well. I asked 20k they reapproved it after second review for 15k for a similar quality name.

•••
I wonder sometimes...

It is impossible to judge without knowing the name, is the name brandable or EMD? EMDs sometimes are not suitable for brandable market even if taken in many TLDs.

You can request review, if the name is good SH will accept it. I had one word .io taken in 96 extensions rejected then was accepted after review request.. so I understand your furstration.

Last edited:
•••
I wonder sometimes...

A few days back, I got some good 2 words names rejected. Names like InsightKing & EnergyFully(com) rejected when PowerFully(io) & canafully and many more like these are published.

Make no sense to reject names when there're very similar and complete crap ones out there.

•••
A few days back, I got some good 2 words names rejected. Names like InsightKing & EnergyFully(com) rejected when PowerFully(io) & canafully and many more like these are published.

Make no sense to reject names when there're very similar and complete crap ones out there.
Energyfully won't be accepted at brand bucket either. Sorry but it is not as good as you think

That said many sh rejected Domains have sold for 3-4k on afternic if they are good and taken in many extensions

Last edited:
•••
I wonder sometimes...

Taken in 26 extensions only mean that you have a fixee set of potential buyers who will want to upgrade to a dot co while SH tries to sell to people looking for a new brand.
Thay said your domain has higj chance of selling on afternic BIN

•••
It is impossible to judge without knowing the name, is the name brandable or EMD? EMDs sometimes are not suitable for brandable market even if taken in many TLDs.

You can request review, if the name is good SH will accept it. I had one word .io taken in 96 extensions rejected then was accepted after review request.. so I understand your furstration.

It's kinda emd+brandable :xf.smile: HomeFlix (NetFlix)

Regarding .io - I understand that can happen, also occurred with me (battleground - 68 extensions, although they've happily accepted curious for $50k (196 ext). )

•••
It's kinda emd+brandable :xf.smile: HomeFlix (NetFlix)

Regarding .io - I understand that can happen, also occurred with me (battleground - 68 extensions, although they've happily accepted curious for $50k (196 ext). )

Flix is a made up word based on Flicks for films. So homeflix sound like a blend of movie brand and real estate brand. Maybe that is why. I think they put a lot of imnportance on what does it evoke and all lol

Last edited:
•••
•••
How would you know that?

I know it's not that 5 figures name. but, it's for sure 10X better than all the similar ones. Keyword+Fully.com
please take a look: https://www.squadhelp.com/premium-domains-for-sale/all/q/fully.com

They used to accept a lot of crappy names earlier.
Plus if you look at the list, none of them are 5 syllables. For a made up name, 5 syllables are to long. Also doesn't roll off the tongue nicely. I am just saying why it was not accepted

•••
The buyer of my recently sold SH name had seen the name previously discounted and requested a credit for the difference.

SH decided to credit the buyer for the discount while continuing to base my commission on the original sale price.

Buyer's happy. I'm happy.

Thanks to SH for doing the right thing here.

•••
EnergyFully(com) rejected when PowerFully(io) & canafully and many more like these are published.

Eh? Powerfully is a legitimate dictionary word derived from powerful which in turns derives from power.
There are already existing similar forms based on energyenergetic, energetical, energetically. You try to make new word where the word already exists and the result is extremely cringe. Such things work only when they simplify spelling/pronunciation (like move > muv) but with this word of yours its not the case.

For "cana..." and the likes, no words like that existed at all, so such made up words at least don't attempt to overwrite what people already have in their minds, just create something new.

I know it's not that 5 figures name. but, it's for sure 10X better than all the similar ones.
No, its not, your word is 100X worse, sorry. I am not a SH reviewer and I am also often surprised by their choices, but I can't disagree with this rejection at all. "Energyfully" a horrible name.

•••
No, its not, your word is 100X worse, sorry. I am not a SH reviewer and I am also often surprised by their choices, but I can't disagree with this rejection at all. "Energyfully" a horrible name.
I was more polite but yeah, this is a bit of a cringy name.

•••
Squadhelp Monthly Review September 20, 2020
Happy september, i hope you are all staying safe and doing your part to reduce the spread of Covid-19.

There have been a few changes to the squadhelp marketplace this month.

1. The change to variable commissions based on selling price and not on approved selling price has some domainers on the fence of which to use. I can see advantages and disadvantages to this. If you had names approved for a high amount at 25% commission and you decide to reduce the price to sell the name quicker, you could end up paying more in commision. Here is a bit of a break down that squadhelp has given. (my takeaway, check to be sure you only reducing prices in the same commission category.
  • Below $2499: 30% (Submission with Coins), 35% (Submission without Coins)
  • $2500 to $5000: 30%
  • $5000 to $50K: 25%
  • $50K to $75K: 20%
  • $75K to $125K: 15%
  • Above $125K: 12.5%
Here are some examples to illustrate this:
Example 1: Name was approved for $4000 (30% commission) and sold for $5000 because the seller decided to increase the price.
  • SH commission (in the original method) = 30% of $5000 = $1500
  • SH commission (in the new variable method) = 25% of $5000 = $1250
2. Another interesting change which i was excited about was the addition of Crypto and Wire Transfer Payment Options. This removes limitations for buyers and hopefully will result in more successful transactions for us as sellers.

3. Changes to Seller Terms to remove any Seller liability in case of Fraudulent CC Chargebacks. This is very important, i have 2 colleagues who in the past 6 months had sales on squadhelp which were fraudulent or charged back. They lost quite a bit of $ in those deals. Its peace of mind knowing that will not be an issue in the future!

My sales in September:

While it isn't the end of the month yet and that seems to be when i get most of my squadhelp sales, i haven't sold anything yet in september in the premium marketplace. August and september had noticeable drops in traffic and shortlists as well as reductions in names being submitted to contests by other sellers. @GrantP can you comment on why the shortlists/views shows zero? Is there a bug?. Note: September 2019 made 3 sales on squadhelp with only 280 or so domains listed.

Stats Update

upload_2020-9-20_8-8-19.png

upload_2020-9-20_8-9-0.png

upload_2020-9-20_8-9-33.png

Last edited:
•••
Dayum, how come I'm getting 0 sales in 4 months with SH? I thought maybe my stats suck, but I see they are pretty decent.

Maybe low amount of names and high prices? IDK, feelsbadman.

Shortlist/views, no idea what that is about

upload_2020-9-20_18-52-9.png

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back