IT.COM

SquadHelp - Marketplace

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hey Folks,

I've just started using squadhelp.com to list some of my brandable. So far I have 76 domains listed, there is no fee to list. I've had some decent action so far in the way of interested buyers but no sales as of yet. I've only been with them for 1 week now.

A bit of a summary review of SquadHelp:

PROS
  • No Listing fee
  • No Logo design fee
  • Ability to submit your names to end users holding naming contests
  • Ability to chat directly or send a message directly to end users.
  • Stats of your marketplace domains are shown in the marketplace dashboard.
  • Their customer service and support has been great, 24hr a day chat.
  • Ability to increase or decrease the list price of your domains or to show a discount. You can decrease or increase the price yourself by $200. If you want to lower more, you can contact support.
  • End users can shortlist your domains before they make a decision on which they want to purchase. The number of shortlists is shown in you marketplace dashboard.
  • When you submit your names you get to set the price you wish to get. Because their commissions are high I recommend listing at a higher price to offset the commission costs.
  • Their landing pages are fairly basic but they work. Because the marketplace is fairly new, I'm sure we will see style improvements in the future.
  • One thing I really like is they accept multiple extensions. I have listed .co and .io along with .com
  • Each seller gets a direct link to their marketplace portfolio, HERES MY PORTFOLIO. It is handy if your trying to p[promote your portfolio through social media.
  • I like that their marketplace doesn't have tens of thousands domain listings like BB. They are fairly strict on the domains they accept to list and so this helps keep the number of domains in the marketplace down and gets your listings more exposure.
CONS
  • Their commissions are very high, depending on the domain name they are usually between 30% and 35%. However, there are no listing fees, no logo design fees, so in the end their commission is very similar to brand buckets.
  • Their logos are not top quality, in fact I requested to have some of my logos remade.
  • I think they have a big backlog of logos to design, the wait time for logo design has been around 1 week, but your names are still listed while the logos are being designed.
  • After your names are accepted you need to agree to their commission rate, at this point you also need to apply your own keywords, descriptions etc. I found this was very time consuming.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I used to frequently see my sh names in sh advertisements on Facebook, Twitter etc. I no longer see my names. Anyone else notice this?

This is purely retargeting. You probably cleared your cookies. Visit your own domains on SH and then SH will start showing it to you elsewhere... The idea is that if a potential buyer visited a brand, SH keeps reminding them about it.

•••
PowerFully(io) & CanaFully(com) and many more like these are premium published names when name like EnergyFully(com) got rejected and not even accepted as a basic plus.
Do you guys think is it worth it to submit hand reg anymore? especially after the latest submission guidelines!
IzhJG7l.jpeg

•••
Over the past week i had applied discounts on my premium domains @ SH and the discount ending time wasn't counting down on their landing page.Even though the count-down still doesn't work, i eventually found a way to refresh the 'discount ending time', by changing the pricing of the discounted domains back and forth.
Is anyone else facing this issue?

@GrantP I reported this more than a week ago and have followed up a few times, and your team still hasn't resolved the issue.
If the time-left for the discount to end wasn't gonna count-down, it could affect the credibility of the domain and it kind of defeats the whole purpose of creating a sense of urgency for prospective buyers.
I would like this addressed as soon as possible.

•••
Over the past week i had applied discounts on my premium domains @ SH and the discount ending time wasn't counting down on their landing page.Even though the count-down still doesn't work, i eventually found a way to refresh the 'discount ending time', by changing the pricing of the discounted domains back and forth.
Is anyone else facing this issue?

@GrantP I reported this more than a week ago and have followed up a few times, and your team still hasn't resolved the issue.
If the time-left for the discount to end wasn't gonna count-down, it could affect the credibility of the domain and it kind of defeats the whole purpose of creating a sense of urgency for prospective buyers.
I would like this addressed as soon as possible.

I imagine ‘the team’ are getting hammered with queries relating to issues with the beta WL Marketplace. I’ve an unresolved (non WL) situation which has been ongoing for over 2 months.

•••
Updated Guidelines August 31, 2020:

4 Letter Names -
While we remain bullish on 4-Letter names, we have revised our acceptance criteria to focus mainly on pronounceable 4-letter names. In the past, we may have accepted 4-letter names that do not include vowels or are not pronounceable, however it is unlikely these types of names will be accepted going forward.

Additional TLDs - We are now accepting .tech, .vc, .xyz in addition to .co, .io, .me, .ly. However please note that for non .com extensions, we will typically only accept real english words, or powerful word combinations that can make a great brand name.

Recently Hand-Reg Names - While we continue to accept recently registered domains, we now have a much stricter acceptance criteria for such names. If you are submitting unregistered names, or recently hand-registered names, please note that the names which received high ratings in our naming contests are much more likely to get accepted.

Misspellings -
Misspellings such as "Qana" or "Cana" instead of "Canna" are unlikely to be accepted in the Marketplace any more. Intentional, and commonly acceptable forms of misspellings (such as Blu instead of Blue, or Tru instead of True) are ok, especially if they can make a great brand name.

Obvious Trademark Conflicts - Any names which include an obvious Trademark conflict will not be accepted

Short Names - We continue to see a high sell through on short, 1-3 syllable names. Such names are much more likely to be accepted.

•••
I’m curious if a level of trust is lost with buyers in WLM who land on a page that is branded as, for example BrandAim, then they go to submit an inquiry via email but the email address is Squadhelp. Or they phone and they reach Squadhelp support. To me this could be very confusing as a buyer and difficult to trust the process.

I’ve suggested that Squadhelp add a canned statement that will appear on WLM pages indicating that BrandAim is a partner of Squadhelp.. anyone have any other suggestions?

•••
I’m curious if a level of trust is lost with buyers in WLM who land on a page that is branded as, for example BrandAim, then they go to submit an inquiry via email but the email address is Squadhelp. Or they phone and they reach Squadhelp support. To me this could be very confusing as a buyer and difficult to trust the process.

I’ve suggested that Squadhelp add a canned statement that will appear on WLM pages indicating that BrandAim is a partner of Squadhelp.. anyone have any other suggestions?

There's always the option of using your own email and phone number instead of Squadhelp's. Then you get the spam and tire kickers.

If we are to talk about the level of trust, nothing beats Afternic with the Godaddy brand. I made two sales last month, Afternic and Sedo, even though my domains were pointing to Squadhelp.

•••
There's always the option of using your own email and phone number instead of Squadhelp's. Then you get the spam and tire kickers.

If we are to talk about the level of trust, nothing beats Afternic with the Godaddy brand. I made two sales last month, Afternic and Sedo, even though my domains were pointing to Squadhelp.
It could be about trust, but in the same time it's about returning customers, buyers who are using a registrar part of their network and bought it from them and first time buyers who don't think about checking the landing page. I've had offers for domains expired and available to register two years after I dropped them( I forgot to delete them), so they were not checking the whois or landing page, they just found the domain for sale and made an offer.

Last edited:
•••
Updated Guidelines August 31, 2020:

Additional TLDs - We are now accepting .tech, .vc, .xyz in addition to .co, .io, .me, .ly. However please note that for non .com extensions, we will typically only accept real english words, or powerful word combinations that can make a great brand name.

And then my Rehearse(xyz) and Suffice(xyz) got rejected though they are both English words @GrantP

•••

I agree. It is confusing for the average person and could lead to losing your potential sale. It kind of makes the WLM look like a reseller of SH, so the buyer might end up checking to see if the domain is listed cheaper on SH and while browsing, they might end up seeing a different domain that they like better and there goes your sale.

•••

That's true, the mention of SH partner should clear things up to a certain extent.
If the idea is to offer a complete e-commerce marketplace experience just for domains, it's only right that the seller has the option to make his WLM his own, just like with Shopify etc.
There are other concerns too, since squadhelp acts as an intermediary in negotiations at WLM and is the only one with access to buyer/inquirer contact details, i wonder if there's a firm policy in place which dictates that SH agents can only contact these buyer/leads concerning the WLM domain the inquiry was made on, and no suggestions pertaining to domains outside the seller's WLM can me made whatsoever.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
EDIT: PROBLEM SOLVED

Last edited:
•••
I added some basic listings today and the rules have changed:

Commission Rule
Squadhelp Commission: 15% of Selling Price ($300 MINIMUM)

Commission Details
Squadhelp keeps 15% of selling price or $300 (whichever is greater). View all Terms and Conditions for Domain Marketplace

My old listings still have the old rules:

Commission Rule
Squadhelp Commission: 7.5% of Selling Price (Min $100)

Commission Details
Squadhelp keeps 7.5% of selling price or $100 (whichever is greater). View all Terms and Conditions for Domain Marketplace

Any comments @GrantP ???

•••

Commission Rule
If true, I'm moving on.

•••

Commission Rule

Commission Details
Squadhelp keeps 15% of selling price or $300 (whichever is greater). View all Terms and Conditions for Domain Marketplace

My old listings still have the old rules:

We haven't changed the commission for Basic Listings. Do you mind sharing the specific names with our support team via chat so we can investigate this further?

On a broader note, we are planning on announcing a major update to our listing types (Premium, Basic, Basic Plus, WLM) in order to simplify our offerings. Currently there is redundancy in various listing types which leads to confusion. Going forward we will follow a much simpler model (our base category will continue to have a 7.5% commission). More to come in next few days.

•••
Thank you @GrantP for your reply I have contacted the support team as advised. These were mostly 3 letter .io names. It would be nice to do a reworking to the listing types, I did add the listings as basic because I also wanted to list them to the wholesale marketplace.

As far as I know you cannot add wholesale prices to your WLM listings.

•••
@GrantP What kind of .VC domains do you accept? acceptance rate is ridiculous... You literally declined one of the best names for Venture Capitals companies, I checked thousands of them before on Linkedin and Crunchbase, and acquired corresponding .VC domains - one word dictionaries... Stealh.vc Adonis.vc Rune.vc Spell.vc Moonglade.vc and many others, there is a ton of funds/companies for each word, operating under same names but don't have a .VC extension, yet you declined those.. So, legit question is - what kind on names, if not these, do you want to see on SH? Puppy.vc and Lawyer.vc? :D

•••
@GrantP What kind of .VC domains do you accept? acceptance rate is ridiculous... You literally declined one of the best names for Venture Capitals companies, I checked thousands of them before on Linkedin and Crunchbase, and acquired corresponding .VC domains - one word dictionaries... Stealh.vc Adonis.vc Rune.vc Spell.vc Moonglade.vc and many others, there is a ton of funds/companies for each word, operating under same names but don't have a .VC extension, yet you declined those.. So, legit question is - what kind on names, if not these, do you want to see on SH? Puppy.vc and Lawyer.vc? :D
They seem to have a random but, small list of .vc domains in their mrktplace and I assume they're more likely to accept keywords that're connected to venture capital like, seed,money etc.
I submitted Idea.vc which was almost immediately accepted but, the approved price didn't meet my expectations, as i had to reject it.
While it's a good time to invest in .vc domains , i believe acquiring premium keywords closely associated with venture capital would make safer bets, compared to hand-registering keywords, dictionary or otherwise, targeting pre-existing companies that share the same name.

•••

Yes, I have had great luck in the past with afternic using their landers. I think if things keep going the way they are I will have to switch back. Bills don’t pay themselves

•••
FYI

Now if you choose to use squadhelps landing pages for your WLM listings, only the sellers listings will appear beneath your listings. I have migrated all of my landing pages to squadhelp landing pages in a hope that this will eliminate the potential lack of trust.

•••
@GrantP

Domain Reviews are taking enormous amount of Time!

1 of my Basic+ Listing has a Shortlist rate of about 30% & I submitted it for review some 30+ days ago & still it is in "Pending" status. Can you please look into this? Domain is SprintLap.com

•••
@GrantP

Domain Reviews are taking enormous amount of Time!

1 of my Basic+ Listing has a Shortlist rate of about 30% & I submitted it for review some 30+ days ago & still it is in "Pending" status. Can you please look into this? Domain is SprintLap.com
Did you pay a coin to submit this name?

•••
•••
Back