Dynadot

SquadHelp - Marketplace

NameSilo
Watch
Hey Folks,

I've just started using squadhelp.com to list some of my brandable. So far I have 76 domains listed, there is no fee to list. I've had some decent action so far in the way of interested buyers but no sales as of yet. I've only been with them for 1 week now.

A bit of a summary review of SquadHelp:

PROS
  • No Listing fee
  • No Logo design fee
  • Ability to submit your names to end users holding naming contests
  • Ability to chat directly or send a message directly to end users.
  • Stats of your marketplace domains are shown in the marketplace dashboard.
  • Their customer service and support has been great, 24hr a day chat.
  • Ability to increase or decrease the list price of your domains or to show a discount. You can decrease or increase the price yourself by $200. If you want to lower more, you can contact support.
  • End users can shortlist your domains before they make a decision on which they want to purchase. The number of shortlists is shown in you marketplace dashboard.
  • When you submit your names you get to set the price you wish to get. Because their commissions are high I recommend listing at a higher price to offset the commission costs.
  • Their landing pages are fairly basic but they work. Because the marketplace is fairly new, I'm sure we will see style improvements in the future.
  • One thing I really like is they accept multiple extensions. I have listed .co and .io along with .com
  • Each seller gets a direct link to their marketplace portfolio, HERES MY PORTFOLIO. It is handy if your trying to p[promote your portfolio through social media.
  • I like that their marketplace doesn't have tens of thousands domain listings like BB. They are fairly strict on the domains they accept to list and so this helps keep the number of domains in the marketplace down and gets your listings more exposure.
CONS
  • Their commissions are very high, depending on the domain name they are usually between 30% and 35%. However, there are no listing fees, no logo design fees, so in the end their commission is very similar to brand buckets.
  • Their logos are not top quality, in fact I requested to have some of my logos remade.
  • I think they have a big backlog of logos to design, the wait time for logo design has been around 1 week, but your names are still listed while the logos are being designed.
  • After your names are accepted you need to agree to their commission rate, at this point you also need to apply your own keywords, descriptions etc. I found this was very time consuming.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Submissions and reviews are kinda different things.

Most of my names submitted for first time as Premiums got reviewed and accepted within 1-5 days period.

Some of the name that I feel like were incorrectly rejected (like pwpe (.)com and similar ones) and requested for another review by SH team is taking already few weeks without any response, and by reading above comments it may really take months...
I have yet to find out how many days or month it takes to get my names reviewed. I rejected two names and requested to increase the price (or reduce the commission), and am still waiting on these.

•••
They are definitely slower, my average time is 1 week at the moment. These expert reviews should have decreased the time but I don't see a lot of difference

•••
Thanks for sharing the feedback regarding Basic Plus listings.

Even when these listings are searchable, they do not receive several benefits that are only offered for premium listings - most importantly, these listings are not included in any of the Advertising campaigns (for new customer prospecting or retargeting). These listings also rank below premium listings, and they are not included in our AI based recommendation technology.

@GrantP

On May 11, you said "most importantly [searchable basic plus] listings are not included in any of the advertising campaigns."

Now they are.

You said "they are not included in our AI based recommendation technology".

I think they are now.

Searchable basic plus are effectively premium domains.

The distinction no longer makes sense.

Last edited:
•••
@GrantP

On May 11, you said "most importantly [searchable basic plus] listings are not included in any of the advertising campaigns."

Now they are.

Searchable basic plus are effectively premium domains.

The distinction no longer makes sense.

But price - Premiums are not limited to $2399.

Plus it's still a bit unclear how to make them searchable, I have domains with exactly same attributed (price, expert classification, logo design, etc) but one is searchable and the other one is not..

•••
I've been active on SH for quite sometime and have listed a few domains there.
It seems to be a decent place for domains priced at/valued below the $6.5k mark.
Their assessment of anything that's above this range but, not ultra-premium, seems very inconsistent to say the least.

Looks like their pricing strategies are solely inclined towards improving their sell-through rate, not that there's anything wrong with it but, ultimately the seller should have to be fine with selling//liquidating their assets at their minimum threshold and more often even less than that.

Last edited:
•••
I have bought two names in closeouts, both are decent, they accepted one for $38k and second for 7k.
I paid 2.5k for each, same extension and quality of names.

Last edited:
•••
Well,there you go. May be it all comes down to how eager the seller is..

Last edited:
•••
What about sellers upload own logos for B+ without approval?

•••
No sale from last 5 months on SH with over 200 pemium listing ( 67 are 4 letter .com's ) , I hope things will work in upcoming months for me... Pretty dead so far... Great names are being rejected and many guys are importing thousands of names without internal review, I guess to have a success on SH one should have now at least 2k listings there...

Last edited:
•••
@GrantP I agree with @DomainBanana Basic listings should not be searchable in the matketplace because it is unfair competition:
  1. premium domains require review B+ does not
  2. you can list zillions of B+ domains you cannot do the same with premium names
  3. overtime B+ numbers will be higher than premium names
  4. B+ are non exclusive, premium names are exclusive and cannot be listed anywhere else
  5. there is WLM now so no need for searchable B+
I understand your point that only B+ domains that received 3+ votes can be searchable But still that does not mean that the number of searchable B+ domains will not grow exponentially overtime!

SH marketplace is already crowded and very competitive so please keep it curated as much as possible

Last edited:
•••
@GrantP I agree with @DomainBanana Basic listings should not be searchable in the matketplace because it is unfair competition:
1- premium domains require review B+ does not
2- you can list zillions of B+ domains you cannot do the same with premium names
3- overtime B+ numbers will be higher than premium names
4- B+ are non exclusive, premium names are exclusive and cannot be listed anywhere else
5- there is WLM now so no need for searchable B+

I understand your point that only B+ domains that received 3+ votes can be searchable But still that does not mean that the number of searchable B+ domains will not grow exponentially overtime!

SH marketplace is already crowded and very competitive so please keep it curated as much as possible

I will not agree to this , Some sellers had already imported thousand of names in bulk without review process and those thousand of names are visible in premium marketplace which definitely reduces my chances of sale already , in short if my domain has already got 3 up votes by reviewers it should be visible in marketplace.

Also not all B+ listings are visible in premium marketplace , only ones with 3 up votes by reviewers...

Last edited:
•••
•••
So you should agree!

Friend , B+ searchable might be 1k but some sellers have imported 4k-7k listings without review process , You cannot submit .vc extension for review but i have seen Accord.VC in premium marketplace , I am not saying this is not a good domain, What i want to say is every seller should have equal opportunity and rights...

Last edited:
•••
In short SH will not be affected by this as they already at 57k listings , More listings without Reviews already getting them some nice number of sales due to large listing number , but seller like me is getting poor returns due to this.. I have portfolio of 1.3M$ now on SH with 4k$ earnings only which is not even enough for renewals...

Last edited:
•••
Friend , B+ searchable might be 1k but some sellers have imported 4k-7k listings without review process , You cannot submit .vc extension for review but i have seen Accord.VC in premium marketplace , I am not saying this is not a good domain, What i want to say is every seller should have equal opportunity and rights...

B+ domains should be not searchable for everyone and sellers should be equal in that.

My STR at SH is not high it is around 2% if thousands of B+ will compete then STR will go lower, if it reaches 1% then no need for me for SH I can move all my domains to Afternic and sell at same STR with lower comission!

@GrantP SH should be careful about that if STR will start dropping more you will see more sellers moving out!

Last edited:
•••
B+ domains should be not searchable for everyone and sellers should be equal in that.

My STR at SH is not high it is around 2% if thousands of B+ will compete then STR will go lower, if it reaches 1% then no need for me for SH I can move all my domains to Afternic and sell at same STR with lower comission!

@GrantP SH should be careful about that if STR will start dropping more you will see more sellers moving out!

+1

If with 1.3m$ portfolio i am not able to renew domains there is something marketplace should care about...

Last edited:
•••
Searchable b+ are tiny no of domains which were close to being approved as Premiums and SH was in two minds to reject so they make them searchable to review the progress and upgrade if its worth it. searchable b+ still lose some perks which are available to premiums. To avoid this dilemma, they should either approve a domain or reject it altogether. If they think some domains are good enough to be a searchable b+ than make all those searchable b+ domains premiums with all the perks.

Last edited:
•••
Some of the "lifestyle-images" I bulk-added to my domains are terrible.
Apparently there is still no way to remove these once added.

•••
Hello @GrantP,
Any hope to get the results of reviews in the near future? Some of my names have been under review for nearly 3 weeks.

•••
Some of the "lifestyle-images" I bulk-added to my domains are terrible.
Apparently there is still no way to remove these once added.

Not sure about removal but you can manually replace them with more suitable ones from their library.

•••
SH marketplace update for August 2020

Pending the unlikeliness that a sale comes in in the next day, August was the first month in 2020 I did not complete a sale on the Squadhelp marketplace. Although my portfolio of premium marketplace listings is over 500, the sh marketplace has grown immensely. Sell through rates continue to decline and imo will soon be in line with the STR of other marketplaces 2-3%. In August views and short lists on my names dropped to 0% in the second and third week but went back up a little bit towards the end of the month. Despite purchasing 6 super boosts each week , views and short lists dropped. In the past, purchasing super boosts would bump my names to the first page. In August something changed, I no longer see my super boosted names on the first page of the marketplace.

While August was my worst month of the year for me, july was one of the best with 3 decent SH marketplace sales.

I did close one sale in the BrandAim.com WLM for $1,049. This was my 5th sale via my sh WLM since launching in early July.

Had three other sales in August, each were afternic fast transfer. One for $899 one for $5000 and one for $1999

Last edited:
•••
@GrantP

Please remove the following styles from the marketplace search:

• intriguing
  • fun
  • traditional/classic

No new names can be classified this way so the 173 names in these categories have an unfair discovery advantage.

Last edited:
•••
G K I M (.) com rejected for premium ? :ROFL:

quad premium LLLL name without U J V W X Y Z, they have trash names like XYUA or UYWA accepted and not this one?

Who are those so-called 'EXPERTS' reviewing applications?

P.S. of course I requested a review, which usually takes at least a week(usually - 2+ weeks), but was re-reviewed within 15 minutes after this message and approved 🐼😄

Last edited:
•••
I really wish they also had some export feature (for example - to google sheets) or at least a way to download a list of names... Just names, without the rest of abracadabra (this happens when you manually try to copy a name) :

Domain1.com
Expert Classification Completed
Logo Design Completed August 16, 2020 July 16, 2021 0 $14899
Installments: 6 Months $13781 Excellent
Domain2.com
Expert Classification Completed
Logo Design Completed August 16, 2020
Installments: 6 Months $6381 Excellent

etc..

Last edited:
•••
I have bought two names in closeouts, both are decent, they accepted one for $38k and second for 7k.
I paid 2.5k for each, same extension and quality of names.
Would you mind messaging me these domains. I just want to what types of domains are passing the review for such value now

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back