IT.COM

Atom marketplace (formerly Squadhelp Marketplace)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hey Folks,

I've just started using squadhelp.com to list some of my brandable. So far I have 76 domains listed, there is no fee to list. I've had some decent action so far in the way of interested buyers but no sales as of yet. I've only been with them for 1 week now.

A bit of a summary review of SquadHelp:

PROS
  • No Listing fee
  • No Logo design fee
  • Ability to submit your names to end users holding naming contests
  • Ability to chat directly or send a message directly to end users.
  • Stats of your marketplace domains are shown in the marketplace dashboard.
  • Their customer service and support has been great, 24hr a day chat.
  • Ability to increase or decrease the list price of your domains or to show a discount. You can decrease or increase the price yourself by $200. If you want to lower more, you can contact support.
  • End users can shortlist your domains before they make a decision on which they want to purchase. The number of shortlists is shown in you marketplace dashboard.
  • When you submit your names you get to set the price you wish to get. Because their commissions are high I recommend listing at a higher price to offset the commission costs.
  • Their landing pages are fairly basic but they work. Because the marketplace is fairly new, I'm sure we will see style improvements in the future.
  • One thing I really like is they accept multiple extensions. I have listed .co and .io along with .com
  • Each seller gets a direct link to their marketplace portfolio, HERES MY PORTFOLIO. It is handy if your trying to p[promote your portfolio through social media.
  • I like that their marketplace doesn't have tens of thousands domain listings like BB. They are fairly strict on the domains they accept to list and so this helps keep the number of domains in the marketplace down and gets your listings more exposure.
CONS
  • Their commissions are very high, depending on the domain name they are usually between 30% and 35%. However, there are no listing fees, no logo design fees, so in the end their commission is very similar to brand buckets.
  • Their logos are not top quality, in fact I requested to have some of my logos remade.
  • I think they have a big backlog of logos to design, the wait time for logo design has been around 1 week, but your names are still listed while the logos are being designed.
  • After your names are accepted you need to agree to their commission rate, at this point you also need to apply your own keywords, descriptions etc. I found this was very time consuming.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If you thought getting names approved on SH was hard before,

now it seems impossible.

I stopped trying to get names approved a while ago

because they seem to reject every name now.

In the beginning more names were approved.

I just tried again for the first time in months.

Now they have a new system that is even worse.

A group of so called "experts" is now responsible

for approving names.

I tested this by submitting one name.

This was the result:

Automatically rejected.

"Auto Rejected - Did not receive a minimum of 4 votes from Expert Review process."

So now we are at the mercy of a group of unknown, supposed expert name pickers.

And I thought SH's name approval process could not get any worse.

Guess I was wrong.
Same here.

I can just see the same old contest winners... rejecting any name that might do better than theirs. It really has gotten my last $20 for submissions and 'boosting'. Might be time to pull out. Tired of all the unverifiable signals. I almost always see my own names in typical google ads fashion but that's because I visited those landers.

Last edited:
•••
for approving names.

This was the result:

Automatically rejected.

"Auto Rejected - Did not receive a minimum of 4 votes from Expert Review process."
Every domain I submit is rejected now. The new "expert" thing is a joke. I will just keep my listed names active and not submit any more.

•••
It's funny that the ones approving your submitted names are your competitors.

•••
As an outsider I don't agree with your list. I'm not sure of the current status of Namerific and Brandroot, but these markets shouldn't be above SH. LOL even BB with its 87.100 listed names is not above IMO.

SH is not ideal, but they do score these days, at least you can find many reported sales here on NP all happened on SH. That's my impression.

Last edited:
•••
If you thought getting names approved on SH was hard before,

now it seems impossible.

I stopped trying to get names approved a while ago

because they seem to reject every name now.

In the beginning more names were approved.

I just tried again for the first time in months.

for approving names.

This was the result:

Automatically rejected.

So now we are at the mercy of a group of unknown, supposed expert name pickers.

And I thought SH's name approval process could not get any worse.

Guess I was wrong.
The 'experts' are not industry professionals, but our peers, though they have higher acceptance rates and sales. And it's in their best interest to pick short catchy names that sell quick as they receive monies when they do. On the plus side names can be approved in 24 hours not 38 days @BB or in 3 seconds by AI @ BP.

Last edited:
•••
To be fair, the amount of bad domains submitted to SH is staggering. Pretty sure some people in this thread are submitting some of those names.

•••
To be fair, the amount of bad domains submitted to SH is staggering. Pretty sure some people in this thread are submitting some of those names.
How are you privy to those 'bad' names might I ask? It is subjective of course, as a name on one marketplace can sell on another.

Last edited:
•••
To go from 23% acceptance to 100% rejection is not because you always submit bad names. Something has changed at SH and the "experts" nonsense just makes it worse.

•••
How are you privy to those 'bad' names might I ask? It is subjective of course, as a name on one marketplace can sell on another.
Thanks for asking him that question.

•••
Now that most people have mentioned that the expert system is leading to more rejections, can people post some of their rejects so that 'non-experts' in this thread can weigh in on them? You don't have to post every reject, just those ones that you certainly believe should have been accepted.

BB considers the opinion of 'non-experts' on rejected names posted to their Slack channel to determine if a name should be approved on appeal.

•••
Anybody else seeing the red dot above the bell symbol on their marketplace-dashboard page ? Usually it goes away after a second if there is nothing, but its been on solid for a full day and clicking it does nothing.

•••
Anybody else seeing the red dot above the bell symbol on their marketplace-dashboard page ? Usually it goes away after a second if there is nothing, but its been on solid for a full day and clicking it does nothing.

I don't have that problem, but my notification bell stopped working

about 8 months ago.

I know this because the old notifications (from 8 months ago) are still there.

New ones show up occasionally but disappear.

I have the latest version of a top browser,

so it is not that.

•••
I don't have that problem, but my notification bell stopped working
I got the dot, so I dont know if they are trying to contact me and the system is messed up or its just a bug

Attachments

• 2020-04-23 11_07_46-Window.png
    2020-04-23 11_07_46-Window.png
    1.7 KB · Views: 159
•••
I have it too. Seems to be bugged in the Marketplace Dashboard section as the other areas doesn't suffer the same... no wait, Domain Reviews has the same issue.

•••
While we are on the subject, has anyone had problems

with SH's servers being slow.

Also, I get a lot of error pages and the site is down

and will not work for several minutes at a time.

•••
Yep. Get a 502 error every now and then.

•••
•••
Do you find sometimes the site hangs and takes a long time to load?
Yeah, it usually hangs before giving the 502 error page.

•••
It looks like they are streamlining the review process as it gets tested more and more. If the domain gets at least 4 picks the internal SH team will do a manual review of the name. If the domain gets 3+ votes they can extend the voting process to more than X out of 10 for additional opinions from other experts so that if it is indeed a good name the votes should start trending upward until a good ratio is determined.

•••
It looks like they are streamlining the review process as it gets tested more and more. If the domain gets at least 4 picks the internal SH team will do a manual review of the name. If the domain gets 3+ votes they can extend the voting process to more than X out of 10 for additional opinions from other experts so that if it is indeed a good name the votes should start trending upward until a good ratio is determined.

The process keeps changing, I now have three names with 20 reviews and 5 or more votes each just sitting there stuck for 2-3 days now. Not sure what to make of that.

Last edited:
•••
Yesterday, I had 20 rejected names from 20 submitted. This is the first time I have 20 rejected/unregistered domains/ from 20 submitted O_o So I lost 20 coins with no result :ROFL:

•••
Yesterday, I had 20 rejected names from 20 submitted. This is the first time I have 20 rejected/unregistered domains/ from 20 submitted O_o So I lost 20 coins with no result :ROFL:
LOL, you win !!

Seriously, I don't know what is going on with SH, but if you look at the names being bought which are pretty much random nonsense most of the time, I dont get it why we are seeing this much rejection.

I gave up. I might try again in a few months.

•••
I gave up. I might try again in a few months.

Gave up a few months ago, even before this new thing they are trying.

Had much better luck early on.

Started to have good sales at SH.

Then, for some reason, most of my names were suddenly being rejected.

Gave it a shot again recently.

That's when I saw the "experts panel :xf.wink:" for the first time.

Was rejected.

Not planning on trying again until they get rid of this new BS!

•••
SH has become something else. The rate at which they rejects names nowadays, can make on to doubt his/her ability. But when you see the names that are published on their website, you wonder if they know what they are doing.

•••
LOL,:xf.grin::xf.grin::xf.grin: $20 down the tube.
SH as become something else.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back