NameSilo

SquadHelp - Marketplace

Located in Domain Marketplace Reviews started by JudgeMind, Jan 26, 2019.

Replies:
Views:

1. KDN

KDN Ken VIP

Good idea. I'm pretty sure that the SH team is doing its best to sell as many names as possible but it's really annoying when you receive a message like that and get excited for nothing.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. BrandKart

BrandKart Pick the right name with us ! VIP

3. KDN

KDN Ken VIP

Your names are still fresh! :) You'll definitely sell a name within 6 months.

4. JudgeMind

JudgeMind Buy domains at DNhawk.com PRO VIP Trusted Contest Holder

332 domains listed in the premium marketplace and ZERO sales since December 2019....Extremely frustrated with SH lately. The business model isn’t working out, may need to point all names to afternic or dan landers

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
  5. ArielT

ArielT Top Contributor VIP

Do you get some shortlisted?

6. JudgeMind

Total Shortlists

7. Yusupbabay

Yusupbabay presiden.com VIP

We suggest that each SH premium domain shown below is a portfolio of members whose domains have been visited by potential buyers (photo attached).

this will have an impact on the greater the portfolio, the higher the potential for sales, because every visit to the domain, prospective buyers can only see the portfolio of the domain owner.

0a promosi.png

8. Bernard Wright

Bernard Wright Established Member

Does anyone else run into server hangups with SH? I couldn't tell you how many times over the past year I've had to wait 5 mins or so for the site to be back up. 50+ times for sure.

9. Don Gondon

Don Gondon Established Member

Since they have raised their contest prices some time ago the number of contests seems to have fallen dramatically. What a twist.

10. trelgor

trelgor Established Member

11. Don Gondon

Don Gondon Established Member

I am being sarcastic of course. IMO they didn't have too many contests in the first place. No idea why they decided its going to work out well.

12. trelgor

I have not spent much time bothering about contests, but my impression was that there was quite some activity.

What work out well?

13. trelgor

I think that a ”we help you name your business” message garners a lot of ”give me a name for my business” interest. Raising the price could be a way to improve customer quality.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
  14. ArielT

ArielT Top Contributor VIP

Have any of you listed wholesale prices?

What is your experience?

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
  15. freety85

freety85 Established Member

Careful sellers if you trade with each other. I had a deal with my friend here so transferred 60% of my names to his SH account, so did not removed them from the platform. My approval rate was above average 14.58% so I could submit around 15 names at a time. After the transaction now it is 5.18% and I can submit like 3 names and wait for an average week or so for approval. Why I loose my approval rate in case selling some names?
    Am I getting penalised for something I don't know of or this is just another appealing way from SH to force me to buy the lovely SH coins? Fair enough...

Additionally I'm ok with SH rejection if it comes on time. Recently happened to me SH did not accept my name for a fair market price, two days later sold on Afternic. They are also tricky with the sell through rate on the site as they calculate the basic and basic plus listing sales as well under your overall portfolio STR.

16. JudgeMind

17. freety85

what is interesting you report consistent sales on other marketplaces... maybe the trust factor still plays a lot of role

18. trelgor

The trust factor always plays a big role.

19. JudgeMind

20. trelgor

They count 12 months and 23 months the same. Updates on the full year. I would think that the reported site wide STR also lags with a year or so. Guess why.

21. freety85

@GrantP would appreciate your comment on the above, would be great to know if I will buy domains from another sellers my approval rate goes back or from now on I will have to buy SH coins to submit more than 3 names at a time...

Please find your colleague´s feedback on this.

"I'm sorry to know about your approval rate. Unfortunately, we do not have detailed information as to what caused such changes. This is automatically computed by the system based on several factors and is computed daily"

Thanks

22. wwwulff

wwwulff Top Contributor VIP

I've been trying to list a name for the past few days but get the following message:

We're a bit backed up. Due to an overwhelming number of marketplace submissions, we are doing our best to review the requests and clear the backlog. You should be able to submit to marketplace once we have less than 2000 outstanding requests.

23. domains21

domains21 Established Member

@wwwulff I got that too when adding a Basic Plus listing but the name still listed after a few hours. And I only knew this was the case when I got an email notifying me that the nameservers weren't set correctly for the domain.

24. wwwulff

wwwulff Top Contributor VIP

Mine is a premium listing

25. GrantP

GrantP Squadhelp.com Squadhelp Gold Account

The approval rate is currently determined based upon a ratio of total live listings in your account to total submitted listings in your account. When domains are transferred to other sellers, it is possible that it may skew the approval rates for both sellers. The approval rate may drop for the seller, while the approval rate may increase for the buyer since the buyer now has more live listings in their account as a percentage of total submitted listings.

This calculation is not perfect, since ideally the approval rate should be tied to the "original" seller even though the domain is sold to another seller. We may adjust this calculation in future.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice