Dynadot

SquadHelp - Marketplace

NameSilo
Watch
Hey Folks,

I've just started using squadhelp.com to list some of my brandable. So far I have 76 domains listed, there is no fee to list. I've had some decent action so far in the way of interested buyers but no sales as of yet. I've only been with them for 1 week now.

A bit of a summary review of SquadHelp:

PROS
  • No Listing fee
  • No Logo design fee
  • Ability to submit your names to end users holding naming contests
  • Ability to chat directly or send a message directly to end users.
  • Stats of your marketplace domains are shown in the marketplace dashboard.
  • Their customer service and support has been great, 24hr a day chat.
  • Ability to increase or decrease the list price of your domains or to show a discount. You can decrease or increase the price yourself by $200. If you want to lower more, you can contact support.
  • End users can shortlist your domains before they make a decision on which they want to purchase. The number of shortlists is shown in you marketplace dashboard.
  • When you submit your names you get to set the price you wish to get. Because their commissions are high I recommend listing at a higher price to offset the commission costs.
  • Their landing pages are fairly basic but they work. Because the marketplace is fairly new, I'm sure we will see style improvements in the future.
  • One thing I really like is they accept multiple extensions. I have listed .co and .io along with .com
  • Each seller gets a direct link to their marketplace portfolio, HERES MY PORTFOLIO. It is handy if your trying to p[promote your portfolio through social media.
  • I like that their marketplace doesn't have tens of thousands domain listings like BB. They are fairly strict on the domains they accept to list and so this helps keep the number of domains in the marketplace down and gets your listings more exposure.
CONS
  • Their commissions are very high, depending on the domain name they are usually between 30% and 35%. However, there are no listing fees, no logo design fees, so in the end their commission is very similar to brand buckets.
  • Their logos are not top quality, in fact I requested to have some of my logos remade.
  • I think they have a big backlog of logos to design, the wait time for logo design has been around 1 week, but your names are still listed while the logos are being designed.
  • After your names are accepted you need to agree to their commission rate, at this point you also need to apply your own keywords, descriptions etc. I found this was very time consuming.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Squadhelp has gone dead.

For you, or in general? Are others struggling to make sales at Squadhelp?

Also, are sellers still responsible for writing descriptions and so forth?

•••
So I accepted their price suggestion or /pre-approval & the name is pending editorial, about to go live.

I didn't tell them to publish it, & I wont publish it. I just approved the price.

There should be an extra step following price approvals etc, to publish.

•••
I submit names and it gets rejected the next day or next hour...not sure how fast their review period is but seems my account or domains are on autoreject..

•••
For you, or in general? Are others struggling to make sales at Squadhelp?

Also, are sellers still responsible for writing descriptions and so forth?
The stats are dubious. "5 interested buyers" and such. I wonder if that just means page hits during the last 30 days because it does change to no information at all sometimes. Then a little fire icon is supposed to mean that the domain is extremely popular, someone probably added it to their favourite list, which is also of little or no value if they have a list with 100 items or so.

•••
So I accepted their price suggestion or /pre-approval & the name is pending editorial, about to go live.

I didn't tell them to publish it, & I wont publish it. I just approved the price.

There should be an extra step following price approvals etc, to publish.
When you accept their price they publish the name on the premium platform, then they design a logo. You have accepted their percentage take as well. If you remove the name at this stage they threaten to block you from the platform. That's how I read their wording.

•••
I find that the only valuable stat is the ”viewed by CH” notification. I usualy get 5-6 of those (on different names) before it is time for a sale.

•••
I submit names and it gets rejected the next day or next hour...not sure how fast their review period is but seems my account or domains are on autoreject..
There doesn't appear to be any real recipe for the domain names they accept. It's hard to get down into that logic. I believe it's a meeting in the morning where they decide a certain direction. I have rejected names that are way more popular in contests than some premium. This gives the chance for those domains to be upgraded.

I'm quite tired of SH, they are now milking money from us in the form of SH Coins in order to 'boost' (whatever that entails technically) our domain names on their marketplace. How many are doing that at the same time?

They also reduce their fee % for new domain names but not for the old ones. It's all stacked up wrong.

•••
I find that the only valuable stat is the ”viewed by CH” notification. I usualy get 5-6 of those (on different names) before it is time for a sale.
Are you stating that you get sales after 5-6 of those?

•••
•••
•••
I interpret the constant and complicated flux on SH as a search for viable configuration. It’s all a test until they find a lasting formula.

•••
I do agree that the monetization planning could concentrate more on buyers than on sellers. I always thought that the frequent use of the term ”partnership” between sellers and marketplaces were a misfit. It’s pretty one sided all over. The only reason it can subsist is that sellers don’t have a collective voice.

As competition grows, that is one area where a long term oriented business is going to have to improve.

Look at the traction towards DAN.

Last edited:
•••
When you accept their price they publish the name on the premium platform, then they design a logo. You have accepted their percentage take as well. If you remove the name at this stage they threaten to block you from the platform. That's how I read their wording.

There's nothing to remove, I won't point the name to their site unless i'm ready. I did not authorize the listing.

That's what I told them in the email, & their representative assured me they would consider incorporating a "publish" option in their next platform update.

It only makes sense.

•••
There's nothing to remove, I won't point the name to their site unless i'm ready. I did not authorize the listing.

That's what I told them in the email, & their representative assured me they would consider incorporating a "publish" option in their next platform update.

It only makes sense.
Ok I hear you but you accepted the price. I don't get it!

•••
Ok I hear you but you accepted the price. I don't get it!

True, I just forgot that it is automatically published. Is it a mistake, yes sure.

I wasn't ready to publish it, & I honestly was not trying to . I just wanted to have everything ready on standby. To possibly publish it in the future.

Point is, we should be able to "publish" at a later date, when we are ready to do so.

•••
There is a domain I submitted but I didn't agree to the pricing, so I rejected it. around 1.5 months ago I've decided I want to list it so I clicked on Request Review. I'm still waiting for an answer as it's still pending... I even contacted ur support but they said I need to wait.
How long though?

The domain is APHE/com, can anyone from SH please help me?

Thank you.

•••
Does SquadHelp allow customers to list also in other marketplaces?

•••
•••
Are we allowed to submit our own domains to contest and be awarded?

•••
•••
So I received another inquiry from the SH Team last January 25 asking about the most discount I could offer for a domain name. Just like the previous 2 inquiries, I told them to give the biggest offer possible just to close a sale. The result? Zero out of three. I don't know how you can mess up or let the buyer slip away in 3 attempts. Sometimes I wonder if it's just a way for them to keep the buyers from leaving the platform. It's like "Hey! We have a buyer for your name but it's not your lucky day. Bummer. Maybe next time?"

It's not what I expected when I joined. Two sales out of 235 names after joining SH 9 months ago. : /

Below is the template they send you when there's a potential "buyer."

Hi [Your Name],

We have a potential buyer for your name [domain name]. They are interested in purchasing the name but are asking the best discount we can offer on this name. Can you let us know the most discount you are willing to offer keeping the commission structure in mind? We will of course not offer the entire discount initially but need to know what is the max possible discount so that we can negotiate effectively with the buyer.

•••
So I received another inquiry from the SH Team last January 25 asking about the most discount I could offer for a domain name. Just like the previous 2 inquiries, I told them to give the biggest offer possible just to close a sale. The result? Zero out of three. I don't know how you can mess up or let the buyer slip away in 3 attempts. Sometimes I wonder if it's just a way for them to keep the buyers from leaving the platform. It's like "Hey! We have a buyer for your name but it's not your lucky day. Bummer. Maybe next time?"

It's not what I expected when I joined. Two sales out of 235 names after joining SH 9 months ago. : /

Hi [Your Name],

We have a potential buyer for your name [domain name]. They are interested in purchasing the name but are asking the best discount we can offer on this name. Can you let us know the most discount you are willing to offer keeping the commission structure in mind? We will of course not offer the entire discount initially but need to know what is the max possible discount so that we can negotiate effectively with the buyer.

I hate that modus. Tell them to make an offer or don’t bother.

•••
Are we allowed to submit our own domains to contest and be awarded?
Yes, if the Contest Holder makes the contest eligible for premium domains to be submitted.

•••
Just noticed how Squadhelp is promoted:

upload_2020-2-13_14-22-42.png

•••

Hi [Your Name],

SH should let sellers specify their max discount for each name on the platform, like BB does. This way, no more "potential buyers" email.

The only email I want to get is "your name has been sold" emails.

•••
Back