NameSilo

SquadHelp - Marketplace

Located in Domain Marketplace Reviews started by JudgeMind, Jan 26, 2019.

Replies:
Views:

1. namesprout

namesprout Established Member

SH is also charging the difference between the afternic commission and the SH commission. I guess they need to make it worth their while. But if it sells on afternic, then I'm wondering why did I bother listing on SH. I've now paid an extra 10% commission than I would have.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. gblasting

gblasting Established Member

SH strikes again with another feature tied to a minimum number of domains.

I’ve sold 3 names out of a portfolio of 9 names listed for an average of 10 months. But why should SH do anything for a guy with 6 names?

3. karmaco

karmaco Top Contributor VIP

4. Abdullah Abdullah

Abdullah Abdullah Top Contributor VIP

Just my thought. What is even interesting is that they said the seller is responsible of listing the names on AF. They are basically saying we allow you to list on AF and if it sells there, great, give us our commission.

5. karmaco

karmaco Top Contributor VIP

I think you have to pay “coins” upfront for the privilege of listing on Afternic.

6. Haykay2005

Haykay2005 Top Contributor VIP

That's all they do, Charge for everything.

7. Abdullah Abdullah

Yeah just read it well. Who came up with such feedback lol,

8. alcy

alcy Top Contributor VIP

looks like somebody taking domainers for fools and not thinkin much of their intelligence.
    no company that does this ever ends in a good place down the road.

9. Abdullah Abdullah

T
    I think this was not well thought and I would not be surprised if they change it

10. TrulyBrand

TrulyBrand TrulyBrand

SH is taking 1$ for fast review.
    16 Jan submission is still pending for review. looks like they are just earning money through coins .
    if this is happen then why do i waste my coins for fast review.

And Now they started charging Coins for Afternic Listing.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
  11. henrypcyeung

henrypcyeung Established Member

I submitted a name for premium listing on Jan 17, and it is still pending approval. Is it normal?

I submitted some names that are very similar to the ones that have been listed on the premium marketplace with high prices ($3xxx or more), but are all immediately rejected. If SH wants to get revenue by focusing on selling coins instead of earning commissions from selling great names, I don't think SH will have a bright future, and other marketplaces such as BB are more preferred to sell brandable names.

12. Samer

Samer Top Contributor VIP

support said i was squadhelp approved

told send copy of approval email, which did not receive. i keep pleading with customer service to re-send email, or to different one. no reply...

i sent her 3 emails telling her there is no record of approval email and yet, was not rejected :(

Help me out@GrantP i’m excited to try out SH.

Samer

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
  13. ArielT

ArielT Top Contributor VIP

Do non premiums have a chance?

14. Abdullah Abdullah

IF the names are getting shorts lists then apply for review and they will convert to premium. I have done it before, I had names as basic plus listing which were getting shortlisted and I told them about this and it was good argument for me when in fact the same names where previously rejected by them.

15. GrantP

GrantP Squadhelp.com Squadhelp Gold Account

@Samer Do you mind sending me your SH email address or screen name so I can look into this?

I would also like to address the comments about the new option to list your domains on Afternic. This Beta feature was designed after working closely with our community and evaluating many different alternatives. Please feel free to share your feedback in the discussion forum so we can continue to make further improvements.

This feature is included at no extra cost if you originally used 1 coin to submit your domain for approval. To recap, if you used a coin while submitting your domain, you pay 30% commission on sale, receive faster review times (typically 1-4 days), complimentary logo design and you now have the ability to list those domains on Afternic.

If you did not use any coins upfront, you can add this option by using coins. We recognize that many sellers may not want to pay anything upfront for this partial exclusivity option - that is absolutely understandable. You can choose to keep this disabled for all your domains, some domains, or only apply it for those domains where it is available at no extra cost.

We will continue to offer a completely free listing option to those sellers who do not wish to pay any fees upfront. We will also be announcing additional syndication partners in near future which will likely not require any coins.

SH is now making more than $1 Million in advertising investment per year and this investment directly benefits the names in the marketplace (including those domains that were submitted without any coins). However there are certain features that introduce additional risk, and we are only able to offer them where the seller has made a small upfront investment.

16. NameWell

NameWell Established Member

... which is still better than BB & BP demanding total exclusivity. A sale on Afternic minus SH commissions is way better than no sale. The audience of SH + their intense marketing efforts + HUGE Afternic audience is better than just Squadhelp. I'm happy with this feature. And if you prefer listing your domain names on all non-exclusive marketplaces and have enough sales you don't need Squadhelp. Everyone can choose what suits them the best.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
  17. ArielT

#GrantP I have submitted some domains for premium listing and they have been rejected and are now in the rejected list

Can they now be submitted to basic or basic plus listing?

18. Abdullah Abdullah

It is still exclusive , cause I have to upload my domains on Afternic then pay SH if any sells there. Wow, I dont know why you would compare it to bb or bp. It is worse actually.

19. ArielT

Do domains that are going to be accepted take longer in the review?

I've submitted one that have been skipped by two others submitted later

I think, maybe they are making the logo?

Last edited: Jan 31, 2020
  20. JudgeMind

JudgeMind Buy domains at DNhawk.com PRO VIP Trusted Contest Holder

21. Don Gondon

Don Gondon Established Member

How do I unsubscribe from contests comments (those which are "for everyone") emails?

22. NameWell

NameWell Established Member

You mean the ones CH post in the message boards?

Last edited: Feb 4, 2020
  23. Votumejero

Votumejero Established Member

My Account > Notification Settings >

24. Haykay2005

Haykay2005 Top Contributor VIP

Sh contest holders are from another planet. You give them exactly what they want according to the brief, they reply with "no thank you" :xf.grin::xf.grin::xf.grin:

At the end, they shortlist and buy crap

Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
  25. Don Gondon

Don Gondon Established Member

Looks like they've added a new checkbox for this ("when a CH sends a public message"):
    [​IMG]
    I am sure it wasn't there when I posted my question here (thats why I posted it...) because none of the available options looked like that.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice